Tips to Ensure a Successful IT Outsourcing Partnership
Once an organization decides to embrace the digital revolution, they are must contend with the challenge of acquiring proper assistance. Since most businesses do not possess the requisite resources internally, they must entrust external IT specialists with the responsibility to enable the company's transformation into a digital-ready firm. It's quite a common practice; a Deloitte report found that 53 percent of IT functions in the global organization are outsourced.
If one carefully selects an offshore IT outsourcing vendor, there are myriad advantages to forming a relevant alliance with an outsourcing partner. For starters, companies stand to save as much as 40 percent in various costs. Then there's also the fact that owing to a broader search field in the context of a service provider companies gain access to leading experts and specialists along with state-of-the-art technologies from all corners of the world.
Also, one must not forget that sustaining and maintaining robust outsourcing partnerships over a period can prove to be a tricky endeavor. So, here are some ways firms can ensure that their collaboration with an external IT team is successful and pleasant throughout.
1. Clarity: Before you even start looking for partners, make sure you have absolute clarity about precisely what processes you want to outsource and why. Also, draw up a list of relevant goals and timelines along with the functionalities you expect the product to offer.
2. Communication: The company must ensure that their outsourcing partner completely understands their requirements. The partner must understand not just the scope of the project, but also the target audience the firm intends to engage and the business objectives it wants to achieve.
3. Verify credentials: Because the world is brimming with IT service providers, it is essential to verify your partner's credentials and expertise. Start with a quick Google search, check out their website, take a look at their portfolio, see what they specialize in, and a wary glance at the team's members as well as their credentials.
4. Spell out the details: It is crucial to define in extensive detail exactly how every part of the process will operate. The company must ensure that all the tasks involved in the outsourcing partnership, such as scheduled calls, planning, meetings, estimation, metrics, and more., are precise and both parties are in agreement about the associated terms and conditions. Moreover, it is before the partnership even begins.
5. Quality assurance: While this one may seem obvious to the point of being redundant, but the truth is that it is an often-overlooked part of outsourcing partnerships. So, ask the IT partner about things like automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD), test-driven development. Moreover, don't forget to inquire about the maintenance and support services on offer.
6. Security is of paramount importance: One of the biggest concerns of practically any effort endeavor in this digital age is security. So, make sure that the partner you choose is up-to-date on data compliance as well as security measures.
7. Leverage the available expertise: The core purpose of establishing an outsourcing partnership is to harness the benefits proffered by the partner's knowledge and abilities. These people are consummate IT experts who are professionally trained to work with the latest and most innovative technologies available in the market. Moreover, that's not all; they are also expert in efficiently managing offshore projects to help and leverage their expertise, even if it may initially seem beyond the scope of the agreement.
An outsourcing partnership with software partners is just like any other relationship: it needs efforts. So, put these practices above to use to ensure that you enjoy a long and healthy association with the IT partner of your choice.
Are safety and compliance crucial for your business operation? If yes, then have you considered deploying EHS software in your organization? If not, then these eye-opening facts will make you invest in EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) software.
App onboarding is crucial as it decides the success or failure of the application. It is the first point of contact in a mobile app user’s journey. The onboarding process covers a series of screens.
It is a highly competitive world, and companies are continually striving to do better each day to improve productivity and increase overall efficiency. In any business, managing documents, exchanging data through emails, and scheduling meetings requires continuous collaboration within the team.
Penetration testing has grown into one of the most common engagements for the current security-aware companies. There are numerous reasons for running a pentest, such as better security guards, diminished risk levels or meeting strict compliance requirements
To be able to keep up with this ever-shorter release cycles that come with the adoption of agile software development, many development teams are embracing test automation as a means to continuously make sure that every software release conforms to the desired degree of quality.
Mobile application security testing can help ensure there aren't any loopholes in the software that might lead to information loss. The sets of tests are meant to assault the program to recognize potential threats and vulnerabilities that would allow external systems or persons to get private data stored on the mobile device.
Today’s enterprises are more focussed on faster releases and faster developments but with less focus on the Quality Assurance (QA) part of the SDLC. But, this hard-hitting as when the defects are more, the final software is affected and does not enjoy customer preference.
Front-end development is evolving at a rapid pace. As a developer, you need to cope up with the modern technology trends to provide the best user experience on your application. As part of this, advanced web development technologies such as Vue.js help to create interactive UI and maximize ROI.