Myths about Calorie Consumption & Weight Loss Calculation
Are you just losing weight and changing your diet? Then you should definitely internalize the most important facts about calorie consumption.
If you want to lose weight, it is important to burn more calories than you eat. Calorie consumption myths claim, among other things, that cold, heavy sweating or exercising on an empty stomach stimulate fat reduction. We explain the most important facts about calorie loss.
Calorie displays on fitness equipment
Do you like to do your cardio training on the treadmill in the gym? Surely you will occasionally look at the ad, which diligently calculates your calorie consumption.
- These numbers are wrong. Also, if you state your correct weight and age, the value will not be calculated correctly.
- The formula programmed for these devices does not calculate your fitness level or metabolism.
- The numbers are based on the maximum oxygen uptake, which is individual and cannot be calculated by the device.
- Various fitness watches can help here and capture all successes in detail with their ingenious technology.
Calorie burning after the workout
After a strenuous workout, our body needs plenty of rest to recharge its spent energy.
- Our organism therefore burns more calories even after the workout: the procedure is also called afterburning. This can last up to 24 hours and is often underestimated because the number of calories burned can be very high.
- This effect is directly related to the intensity and duration of the workout. If you do not have a strenuous workout behind you, then in hindsight at most ten percent additional calories are consumed.
- Therefore, the afterburning effect is not the most effective way to specifically reduce calories.
Exercising on an empty stomach
Whether you start your workout on a full or empty stomach is independent of your calorie consumption.
- If you have not eaten, the calories are taken from your fat reserves.
- Weight loss, however, counts how many calories are burned and not where you come from.
- If you have a sensitive circulation, we advise you to eat and drink before training to avoid possible dizzy spells.
Running burns more calories than walking
If you walk regularly, you burn about 30 percent more calories than walkers.
- The reason for this is the speed of locomotion. If you compare slow jogging with a fast run, then there is a noticeable difference.
- Nevertheless, one can burn as many calories while walking and running, if one compares the fast walking to the very slow jogging. Here, the fat consumption can be almost the same.
Increased calorie loss in cold weather
In principle, cold has no major impact on calorie consumption when we are dressed warm.
- However, researchers from the US University of Ottawa found that trembling can boost fuel economy and increase fat burning.
- You should not deliberately freeze, as this can lead to colds and even chilblains.
- When doing sports during the cold season, be sure to put on at least three layers and wear non-slip shoes that sit well on the foot.
Calorie consumption due to heavy sweating
People who sweat a lot do not necessarily burn more calories. Unless it comes in the course of a workout.
- How much we sweat depends on our age, weight, fitness level and environment. The calorie consumption is therefore not directly related.
- However, if you sweat more, your balance may well be lower. This is due to the loss of water: the “weight loss " is only temporary and immediately returns as soon as you drink something.
Method to calculate the percentage of weight loss
Losing weight can be very difficult at times, since it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Knowing the percentage of weight loss by body fat calculator will help you to set your goal of weight loss and will encourage you to do it faster. Here is the information you need:
- Step 1: The most important thing you need to know to calculate weight loss, is your weight (WI) before starting the fitness program.
- Step 2: Subtract your current weight (CW), which is your weight after the exercise regimen, from the initial weight (WI).WI-CW = L
- Step 3: This gives you the number of pounds you have lost (L). Now we divide this number by the initial weight (WI).L / WI
- Step 4: The final step is to multiply the result by 100 and round it to the nearest tenth. This gives the percentage of weight loss.
The formula for calculating the percentage of weight loss is as follows:
A weight loss = [(WI-CW) / WI] * 100 or (L / WI) * 100
IW = initial weight
CW = current weight
L = number of pounds lost.
You can create an Excel sheet to correctly calculate the percentage of weight loss and maintain a record over a period of time. So, prepare yourself for a healthy fitness program. Also, remember that regular exercise and a well-balanced diet is the key to staying fit and in good health.
Moringa is a natural herb which is helpful for weight loss. This article entitles the 5 easy ways to lose weight with the help of pure organic moringa powder.
Everyone wants to look as stylish and slim as possible, and you surely are no exception. However, many people make plenty of mistakes when it comes to losing weight, using poorly designed diets, obviating the sports and weight training and aerobics, or simply eating more than recommended or eating high-calorie foods.
Those who want to lose weight quickly and save the result for a long time, they won’t be able to do it. Just because losing weight in a quick way can’t be effective. In general, it is important to note that if you really want to lose weight, you should forget such a word as “diet” forever.
Weight loss is a major problem in today’s lifestyle. People who are not smart or fit consider as they are not getting fit into this fast-moving lifestyle. But on the other hand, the number of fat people is increasing in the world. People are suffering from great weight problems. Which are affecting their personal and professional life’s as well.
Losing weight takes commitment and determination. If you're trying to improve your health by shedding pounds, you'll find that understanding different stages of the process can help you stay committed when it feels like you're hitting a plateau. Learn more about these stages of weight loss so you can adjust your diet, your workouts, and your expectations accordingly.
Being fatty is one of the major problems but having fat on your belly area is just like a curse which is difficult to reduce. Belly fat is known as visceral fat that accumulates around the midsection. Belly fat makes your figure unattractive due to which you lose your self-confidence and your overall personality looks dull.
Almost everyone has a New Year’s resolution and the most common New Year resolutions are to either exercise more, or eat healthily or generally have a healthier lifestyle. However, it is still one of the most difficult resolutions to keep and people find a variety of reasons to justify their lack of commitment to the said cause.
Every woman wants to get fit and healthy, but only a few of them will make it possible because the main reason that makes a hurdle in women’s life to get fit and healthy is their full-time 9-5 desk jobs where they sat at a desk for 40-45 hours a week in an office, that’s why they get fat.