How to Update a Wordpress Website: Top Tips and Tricks
WordPress websites are easily one of the popular means to get a website up and running very, very quickly. It was not merely a part of the first blogging and websites boom — it was one of the key drivers. And even though we have several other technologies and platforms in the market, WordPress websites continue to be one of the biggest and, most important of course, constituents of the world wide web. Now all that is great, but it brings us to an important question — is there mere existence enough? This assertion holds for any website. And no, we are not talking about updates in the context of just the content you put on the site.
We will cut straight to the chase — updating your WordPress website should always be a part of your strategy. Without that, your website can quickly end up losing its edge to its peers in the market, and it can be incredibly challenging to regain that footing in the market. Hence, the best solution is to ensure the website is updated periodically. Now, given the rapid progress technology has been making, it should come as no surprise that so has the means and best practices for your WordPress website. But don’t worry, we have got you covered. And without further ado, here are some of the best tips and tricks for updating your WordPress website this year.
- Eliminate unnecessary plug-ins: We understand that programming can be a tad challenging some times. We also appreciate that plug-ins seem like an excellent way to deal with some issues one may face while developing a website. Unfortunately, sometimes people tend to go overboard with their reliance on plug-ins because, first, an excess of plug-ins can make website maintenance and troubleshoot quite tricky. And let’s not forget that they also take a toll on the website’s performance. So, yes, use only the ones you can not do without and do away with the rest.
- Always update in test environments: Updates are right, of course; unfortunately, some times they can end with your website going kaput. Thankfully, this can be easily prevented by ensuring that whenever you are updating your website, you first do it in a test environment. However, if you are testing either a new site or a brand new functionality, experts recommend using a local context.
- Mobile-friendliness is a must: This one honestly feels a tad redundant to mention; however, given just how many people ignore this is appalling. The point is that the prevalence of smartphones and mobile devices is not news and nor is how much people rely on these devices. So, it would be virtually a sin not to have a mobile-friendly website in today’s world.
- Leverage the Gutenberg editor: The newer iterations of WordPress come with the Gutenberg editor. But don’t jump into using it head-first; instead, we recommend trying it out in a local environment. You would run the risk of adversely affecting the live website otherwise. And the best part is that the Gutenberg editor can be conducive in the context of content presentation also, allowing website owners to experiment with novel ideas that they may not have tried before.
- SSL certificates are your friends: Gone are the days when SSL certificates were a must only for a handful of websites, such as the ones for banking, financial transactions, e-commerce, and others. Today, SSL certificates have established themselves as an indispensable provision for all websites. Any website without an SSL certificate is deemed as suspicious and not completely secure by the most significant web search engine in the world, i.e., Google.
There you have it, folks, some of the best practices to keep your WordPress website in tip-top condition. And if you ever need help or find yourself struggling with something, you can always hire a trusted provider for WordPress maintenance and support services.
Prompt and accurate invoicing is an asset for any business. It ensures that the company is timely paid for its services. As the company grows, managing and tracking invoices belonging to different projects manually is impractical.
Nowadays, every business organization can be seen looking for high-end software solutions to increase the productivity and overall efficiency of their business operations. One such digital tool that has gained immense popularity
The world had started to, slowly but steadily, engage with the concept of digital learning and online exams long before the coronavirus pandemic came along and disrupted the education ecosystem across the globe.
The average time spent on smart devices daily has been increasing over the years. Mobile app development technology is continuously evolving and flourishing in this digital era. Thus, you have to keep up with the latest mobile app development trends.
For security-conscious companies, being compliant with industry-standard security policies is a top priority. Being in non-compliance with industry standards can result in fines. More importantly, it can lead to increased cyber-attacks on your company, employee data, and customer data.
As the world continues to evolve at a break-neck pace, the market has witnessed numerous changes. Among all these changes, perhaps none has proven to be quite as consequential as the emergence of e-commerce.
Tracking your employee's time is an essential component of many businesses. It enables business owners to accurately charge their clients for the time spent on their projects. Luckily, time tracking in the digital age is not a challenge anymore.