Different Colors of Diamonds
Diamonds are a girl's best friend. No matter in what size, shape or color it is, the diamonds are the perfect companion of the modern generation. The present generation who no more believes in wearing heavy tons of jewelry usually prefers wearing just a stylish and trendy piece of diamond.
The technical benefits have opened numerous options for us to buy the diamond jewelry online. To ensure the security while buying the jewelry, the buyers make sure to buy only the hallmark certified diamond rings. The certified jewelry helps the buyers to be sure that they are buying the right quality of the diamond.
Diamond graders analyze color by placing a diamond in a lighting unit that simulates daylight. The diamond is positioned faced down rather than faced up, so the grader can evaluate diamond body color. The diamond will be compared to other stones of the same color. Other Master stones are parts of diamonds that represent the D-Z color scale.
Diamonds and the Various Colors:
Diamonds come in various colors and every individual diamond has its own charm and spark. According to Wikipedia, the color of the diamond can be affected by some impurities or structural defects. It also highlights the fact that a perfect diamond which is perfect in quality, size, clarity, happens to be transparent or colorless. It is generally observed that the colorless diamonds are perfect and therefore, are quite expensive.
Since there are many different colors that a diamond comes in, the price of every diamond varies from one another. As mentioned the colorless diamonds are generally the most expensive ones. The price fluctuates as the color changes. While it is believed that the color of the diamond is because of some impurities, the price of the colored diamonds is generally less than that of the colorless ones.
The Various Color of Diamonds:
The following is the list of the colors in which the diamonds are available:
- Colorless Diamonds: The colorless diamonds categorized under the highest color grade. These diamonds are of pure quality and thus are very expensive. They are very rare as well. The colorless diamonds are free from any chemical defects or impurities.
- Nearly Colorless Diamonds: The diamonds under this category is labeled as second highest color grade which is very close to the colorless diamonds. It is very difficult to differentiate between the colorless and nearly colorless diamonds. The nearly colorless diamonds displays the quality near to that of the colorless category but are less expensive.
- Faint Color Diamonds: These diamonds are those in which the color can be detected by naked eyes as well. One can easily see the presence of color in the diamond. Although, the color is not that bright but is visible. These are generally less expensive than the nearly colorless diamonds. These diamonds just give you a vision of color when exposed to some light.
- Very Light Color Diamonds: The diamonds with very fewer colors are the one which has color shade in them. This color is visible with the naked eyes and can be seen even in less light. These diamonds are very less expensive than the higher grades and thus can be easily purchased.
- Light Color Diamonds: These diamonds are the least expensive as they have a high color element in them.
With the exception of AGS Labs numerical color grading scale, most diamond grading labs utilize GIA's D-Z scale. Not all laboratory color grading is equal, as there are differences among the labs. There is a certain amount of subjectivity among human color graders, and labs utilize several graders to assess the final color grade. Click on the links below for different lab color grading methods.
Diamond is known to exhibit a lot of unique and distinguishing features over the other stones available. Though, today with the changing scenario there are many ways by which by which the synthetic diamonds can not only be made but can have all the qualities and features just like the real diamonds.