Top 5 Reasons to Use a Breast Pump to Supplement Breastfeeding
Who can deny the necessity of breastfeeding? Breastfeeding is an essential topic for infants and toddlers, especially for the newborns with milk being a crucial part of their diet. This is because they get all the necessary proteins, vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the milk which they feed on. However, there are methods other than only breastfeeding. One such notable process is the pump. And at this point, we all come to the question of whether to use a pump or not?
Choosing between a pump or breastfeeding
Choosing between a pump and breastfeed is a crucial decision to be made. It is not as simple as it may sound. This is because even any tiniest mistake while making the decision may result in a considerable loss, perhaps, to both the mother and the child. Since any wrong decision can cost a lot, no mistake can hence, be afforded. Thus before coming to any conclusion, it is wise to understand both the pros and cons of both the methods. Yes, it is agreeable that breastfeeding the natural process available, but situations such as illness may cause hindrance in the process. This is where the pump jumps in and comes in handy.
Types of manual breast pumps
There are two basic types of a manual breast pump, each of them having their distinct and specific purposes. In addition to that, none of them compromise to the quality of their service. Thus any mother can use it as needed without having to think which one is better and which one is not. All she needs to think about and decide is which one to use.
Reasons for using pump over breastfeed
1. A mother may always prefer to breastfeed considering the fact that it is the most natural process until today. However, as mentioned earlier, illness or weakness from both the side of the mother or the child can hinder the process. In such situations, methods like pumping can come in handy.
2. To breastfeed a child, a mother needs to stay by the side of the baby throughout the time. There may be cases, where the mother may not always be able to keep in close contact with her child. But the newborn need milk to feed on. Hence, to feed a child in this kind of occasions, pumping is the best alternative one can think of.
3. Sometimes a baby may be born with cleft palates. Here pumping is almost a mandatory thing to do, no matter, whether the mother can stay with the baby, the entire time or not. It is almost like there is no other simple or easier option left open for the family. Here, all that can be done is to go with the process of pumping and in the meantime arrange for the baby’s treatment.
4. Human beings have the suck-swallow reflex. Many mothers often give birth to premature babies. These children are often the major patients, facing trouble with the suck-swallow reflex. Here the child can not suck milk properly. Thus to feed him/her, pumping plays a vital role. It ensures the fact that even after not having the necessary fitness, the child has access to the very thing which it needs to survive.
5. Breastfeeding is well known to stress the mother out, especially when she is breastfeeding her child. Some mothers may feel extremely weak after they give birth to a child. And stress and weakness together may make the mother fall sick. In such conditions, the process of breastfeeding may be taken into consideration.
We all know that each and everything in the world has their very own pros and cons. However, some properties may be dominating over the others. Thus an individual may study both the cases well before coming to a conclusion. In the above passage, I have mentioned the top 5 reasons to use a breast pump to supplement breastfeeding. Saving both the mother and the child is essential. Yes, breastfeeding is natural but it may not always be the best. Thus it is wise to take the breast pump into consideration.
It is not uncommon for your baby to cry and whine: a sore bottom. Nappy rash is the name given to the red, painful, and often itchy spots on babies' delicate skin in the nappy area. Most babies sooner or later have a nappy rash. In many cases, there is also a fungal attack, because the nappy contains a perfect environment for the fungi to multiply.
Having a baby is no doubt a joyous time. After all, you are welcoming a new life that is part of your own flesh and blood. However, it can also be a trying time as you need to take various factors into account.
Russian male names in the usual sense are familiar names that come to us from the centuries, which were not affected by foreign influence and neoplasms. However, in this article, we provide only male Russian names of the pre-Christian period. Before the rebirth of Russia, people were given nicknames.
Since changing the law regarding the use of baby car seats in vehicles, we have improved a lot in reducing injuries to the little ones in the event of traffic collisions, but do you know which seat you need? The law requires us to carry our children up to approximately 12 years of age or 35 kilos
The birth of a baby is usually celebrated extensively in family and friends. The right gifts for newborns should not be missing. If you want to give something that will be loved by parents and the child in the long term, you should think about which gifts for newborns are out of the ordinary and yet practical and beautiful.
Although a monitor is not a necessity, it can give you great peace of mind to be able to listen (and even see) your baby when you are not (or cannot be) in the same room. The location of your baby's room will decide which the best monitor for your specific needs is.
Many parents worry about hair loss in newborns. Hair loss in children is a completely normal process during the first six months.