Tips To Get Rid Of Eczema the Organic Way
What is Eczema
Eczema appears as red bumps on the face, and in severe cases, may spread to other areas like the folds of the neck, arms and legs as the newborn baby grows. A skin with eczema becomes inflamed, gets dry, itches and is accompanied by oozing. The eczema disappears as the baby grows because the skin becomes thick and less sensitive.
Causes of Eczema
There are six types of eczema that may affect your child. They are Atopic Dermatitis, Allergic Dermatitis, Contact Eczema, Dyshidrotic Eczema, Nummular Eczema and Seborrheic Eczema. Atopic dermatitis, simply known as eczema, is the most common rash from which babies suffer.
Eczema may be due to food allergens of which the most common are eggs, cow’s milk, gluten like wheat and barley, citrus, fish and soy. Eczema may also be due to other allergens like pet dander, dust mites or mold spores. Genetic inclination towards skin conditions may be another cause of eczema.
Though steroidal creams are available, but eczema can also be fought naturally with at-home readily available remedies that are effective in fighting eczema outbreaks and help to relieve the symptoms.
1. Taking Care While Bathing the Baby
- Give him short baths lasting between 5 – 10 minutes with lukewarm water with gentle soaps.
- Apply the soap gently and take care not to scrub hard.
- Use natural colloidal oatmeal to give him an oatmeal bath, which can also help.
- Chamomile, licorice and fenugreek which have anti-inflammatory properties will help to reduce the eczema redness. You can add 4 - 5 drops of either chamomile or licorice into the bath or add a teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder.
- Babies with extreme eczema will benefit from a bleach bath, which will help to prevent infections caused by the bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, which lives on the skin with eczema and can cause flare-ups. Beach baths help to fight these bacteria. Add one-fourth cup of bleach into a bath-tub half-filled with warm water. Ensure that the bleach is kept away from any contact with the eyes.
2. Using Natural Moisturizers
Use fragrance-free thick cream or an ointment to moisturize him twice a day.
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and makes an effective moisturizer. Its high omega-3 fatty acid content makes it an ideal therapy for skin conditions like eczema.
- Lavender oil has antibacterial properties and helps in relaxation. Add 2 -3 drops of lavender oil to half cup coconut oil and mix the solution. Transfer it to a jar and cover it before storing in a cool place. Before applying warm the oil to lukewarm temperature.
- Aloe vera can heal wounds and is effectively used to treat burns. You can get aloe vera from the pharmacy or you can even rub an aloe vera leaf gently on the baby’s skin to give him relief from eczema.
- Cocoa butter promotes skin elasticity and is a good moisturizer due to Vitamin E content. Apply a small dollop of cocoa butter on your baby’s skin.
- Almond oil is rich in vitamins and contains oleic and ursolic acids, both of which have anti-inflammatory properties and is good for skin health. Apply this sweet smelling oil on your baby’s eczema and massage the area before and also after the baby’s bath to prevent the skin from drying.
3. Some Helpful Tips
- Keep your baby’s nails trimmed and put soft gloves on his hands at night so that he does not end up scratching the rash accidently.
- Avoid using toxic and caustic detergents which can aggravate the symptoms. Instead use laundry detergents which are free from any fragrance.
- Baby’s drool may aggravate the condition. To keep the chin and mouth area free from drools, apply petroleum jelly or use bibs.
For parents, it is a painful experience to see their newborn baby suffering from the pain and itching caused due to eczema. But, a few home remedies can take care and bring comfort to your child.
It is not uncommon for your baby to cry and whine: a sore bottom. Nappy rash is the name given to the red, painful, and often itchy spots on babies' delicate skin in the nappy area. Most babies sooner or later have a nappy rash. In many cases, there is also a fungal attack, because the nappy contains a perfect environment for the fungi to multiply.
Having a baby is no doubt a joyous time. After all, you are welcoming a new life that is part of your own flesh and blood. However, it can also be a trying time as you need to take various factors into account.
Russian male names in the usual sense are familiar names that come to us from the centuries, which were not affected by foreign influence and neoplasms. However, in this article, we provide only male Russian names of the pre-Christian period. Before the rebirth of Russia, people were given nicknames.
Since changing the law regarding the use of baby car seats in vehicles, we have improved a lot in reducing injuries to the little ones in the event of traffic collisions, but do you know which seat you need? The law requires us to carry our children up to approximately 12 years of age or 35 kilos
The birth of a baby is usually celebrated extensively in family and friends. The right gifts for newborns should not be missing. If you want to give something that will be loved by parents and the child in the long term, you should think about which gifts for newborns are out of the ordinary and yet practical and beautiful.
Although a monitor is not a necessity, it can give you great peace of mind to be able to listen (and even see) your baby when you are not (or cannot be) in the same room. The location of your baby's room will decide which the best monitor for your specific needs is.
Many parents worry about hair loss in newborns. Hair loss in children is a completely normal process during the first six months.