Natural Diet & Herbs to Counter Ulcerative Colitis
Nature's strength present around us is the true healers of diseases. Nature is enriched with various magical stuff that helps to maintain the human health. This magical stuff is known as herbs. Herbs have endless medicinal properties. These are marvelous agents for health. Many of diseases can be managed by consuming appropriate herbs. With these medicinal herbs, a proper diet should also be there. One of the deep-rooted disorders in today's world is ulcerative colitis. The ratio of ulcerative colitis is up to 0.5 to 24.5 cases in 100,000 population. This problem can be managed through the combination of natural diet and herbs. There are proper diets and herbs to counter ulcerative colitis.
about ulcerative colitis
It is a disease that creates inflammation in gastrointestinal tract especially in the colon or you can say large intestine. It is classified under Ibd(inflammatory bowel disorders). In this disease, the lining of large intestine get inflamed and tiny spores or ulcers start to form. These ulcers produce pus or mucus.
This inflammation causes several symptoms in the patients with ulcerative colitis. the major symptoms are:
the urge to do more bowel movements.
- Blood in the stools.
- Repeated diarrhea with abdominal pains.
- Abdominal cramps.
other symptoms include
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- It can delay the development in children.
- The problem of ulcerative colitis is majorly due to aberrant body immune system. In general, the immune system helps to fight against infections and diseases but here foods, bacteria, and other substances mistakenly configure the immune system to take action against its own body cells. Next is due to environmental substances or foreign substances, these tend to cause direct inflammation in the intestine. Another factor which can cause colitis is genes. Abnormality in genes that can cause inflammation as of its result.
- With proper diet and relevant herbs, ulcerative colitis can be managed up to great extent.
diet and herbs to counter ulcerative colitis.
- First, we will discuss the diet plans to counter the colitis.
- No single diet plan is for everyone. As diet depends on which part of your intestine is involved and the person intolerance towards some substances during the disease.
a low fiber or residue diet
- These foods are easy in digestion, control diarrhea, and bowel movements. Just take around 10-15 grams per day.
a low-fat diet
- In the condition of flares during ulcerative colitis, a low-fat diet is recommended as high fats are difficult to digest and create a problem. It makes the problem of diarrhea more severe.
a diet free from lactose
- Some patients have the problems of gas, acidity, abdominal pain and diarrhea due to lactose intolerance. Lactose is a milk sugar present mainly in dairy products. So by avoiding the dairy products, you can improve your condition of ulcerative colitis.
drink plenty of liquid
- Take lots of liquids daily. Water will be the best option. Avoid carbonated drinks, beverages, and alcohol in this problem.
Here is a list of foods, some of them are good in ulcerative colitis problem and some are very bad.
good foods in ulcerative colitis (in moderation)
- Grains like dry cereals, white bread, pasta that have less than half a gram of fiber per serving.
- Fruits without pulp, melon, watermelon, plums, ripe banana, apricots and peaches.
- Butter – peanut and nut butter.
- Vegetables include potatoes, cooked spinach, onion, cucumber, raw lettuce, carrots, green beans, wax beans and more.
- Fats and sauces such as mayonnaise oils, margarine, smooth sauces without tomato, whipped creams and smooth condiments.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, and curd.
- Dry fruits
- Spicy sauces and dressings
- Nuts and seeds
- Tea and coffee
- Dried beans, legumes, and peas
- Raw vegetables and fruits
- It is a plant that has medicinal properties like astringent, anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and more. These properties are due to phytochemicals that are present in the Arjuna plant such as flavonoids, calcium, zinc, copper and much more. This plant due to its vast properties is helpful to treat the problem of ulcerative colitis. It helps to control bleeding, ulcer formation, diarrhea, and inflammation. The bark of Arjuna tree is used to treat this problem.
- It is known to be used in cooking in Indian kitchens. These are enriched with phytochemical like phytoestrogens that are effective in reducing colic problems even in newborn babies. It also helps in toxin clearance from the body.
- It is known as a great herb in the India. It is enriched with properties like anti-inflammatory, digestive, astringent, liver stimulant, anti-dyspeptic and much more. Because of these properties, it is used externally to combat pain and swelling. The leaves of the plant are used to treat this condition.
- This herb is known to have properties like carminative and stomachic etc. it is known to treat ulcerative colitis. A great herb to treat this disorder. It stops all kinds of diarrhea, inflammation, fermentation inside the intestines and ulcer formation. The bark of the plant is used to treat this problem.
- It is considered as a sacred herb in India. It is used to give relief from problems like high blood sugar level, heart, abdominal problem and diarrhea. So overall it is helpful to treat and manage the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
other herbs that can help to manage the problem of ulcerative colitis are:
- Choti elaichi
so with natural diet and herbs one can counter ulcerative colitis to a great extent.
Mushrooms are well-known for their meaty, rich taste. Shiitakes were grown in the United States in the late 1970s and have been popular in Asia for over 1,000 years. They are currently available in most food stores. Shiitakes are brown or dark gray, and the caps usually grow to 2 to 4 inches in width
Some appetizers don't need a presentation and even more, they advertise themselves alone. One of these culinary achievements is the "Elena" fillet. No one can resist the pure delicacy covered with aromatic spices that trigger everybody's appetite.
Hypothyroidism is a condition marked by an ‘underactive thyroid.’ In this condition, the thyroid gland is unable to produce a sufficient quantity of certain vital hormones which are responsible for controlling the growth of the body, as well as its repair and metabolism.
Smoothies can be a powerful tool for weight loss and boosting your overall health, but most smoothies these days are doing more harm than good. This easy to follow guide will show you how to make a truly healthy smoothie in just 5 simple steps! You can take your smoothies to the next level by cutting out sugary fruit juice, adding in nutrient dense greens, powering up with protein rich foods, blending correctly, and boosting your smoothie with superfoods.
Asthma is prevalent in all parts of the world. With the increasing population and mental stress, this condition is imposing a burden on the community of the developing countries as well.
We obsess over our weighing scale readings. People with flat tummies and thigh gaps are envied and epitomized. Society has turned us into fitness freaks, people who would go to any lengths to let lose those extra pounds