How to Prevent Hemorrhoids Naturally-Diet & Home Remedies
Hemorrhoids (piles) are the one of most disgusting health issues. Even people hesitate to visit doctor. However this is a more common problem of males than females. There are various factors which are responsible for this problem like our life style, ageing and improper eating habits. So with the help of proper diet and home remedies, problem of hemorrhoids can be resolved to a greater extent.
In Hemorrhoids, blood vessels or veins get swollen around anus and rectum area. Rectal bleeding is the one of most common symptom associated with this problem. Swelling and inflammation of veins may be due to the constipation, pregnancy, obesity, prolonged sitting, genetic factors and anal intercourse.
Diet & Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids:
In Ayurveda hemorrhoids are known as Arsh or Arsha Shoola which means the pain is like needle pricking. According to ayurveda, there are three energies – vata, pitta and kapha which maintain a healthy body. Imbalance of any of three energies results in health complications. Unhealthy diet and inappropriate life style results in the vitiation of all the tridoshas (vata, pitta and kapha).
Aggravated doshas also lead to toxins (ama) accumulation in the digestive gut. Imbalanced vata dosha causes the low digestive fire which further leads to persistent constipation. So the accumulation of waste products in the body contributes towards the development of hemorrhoids. Diet and home remedies are known to be quite effective for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Home remedies for hemorrhoids:
1. Aloe vera – Aloe vera (ghritkumari) is packed with anti – inflammatory properties thus helps to reduce the pain in hemorrhoids. Use of Aloe vera is good for both internal and external hemorrhoids.
How to apply:
In external hemorrhoids - Apply some amount of aloe vera gel on affected area and massage slowly. This remedy is quite effective to provide relief in pain and burning sensation.
In internal hemorrhoids – Cut aloe vera leaves in the slices and place them in a container to freeze. Now you can apply these aloe vera slices on hemorrhoids to resolve the pain, itching and burning sensation.
2. Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is packed with various nutrients which help to strengthen the capillaries and blood vessels. Thus lemon juice is a good natural remedy for hemorrhoids.
How to use –
- Soak the cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it on the affected areas. Initially mild burning sensation or tingling will occur though it is good to resolve the pain.
- Squeeze half lemon into a cup of hot milk and consume it thrice daily.
- Mix half teaspoon each ginger juice, mint juice, lemon juice and honey. Consume it once in a day.
3. Almond oil – Use of almond oil is good for the hemorrhoids because of its skin smoothing properties.
How to use - Dip cotton in the almond oil and apply it on hemorrhoids it helps to provide relief in the burning and itching sensation around anal area. For best results do it several times in a day.
4. Ice - Ice is the one of highly recommended home remedy for hemorrhoids treatment. Ice helps to constrict the blood vessels, reduces the swelling and provides the immediate relief from pain.
How to use –
- Wrap the ice cubes in a cloth and apply directly on the affected area for about 10 minutes. Repeat it several times in a day to get better results.
5. Water – Drinking at least 10 glasses of water in day is good for both internal or external hemorrhoids. Plenty of water intake helps to hydrate the skin and cleans our internal system. Water eases the bowel movements and helps to keep stools soft and reduces the need for straining.
Diet for hemorrhoids:
- Consume Whole grain (rich in roughage) like brown rice, bran cereal, wheat pasta, oats and bagels.
- Consume the fibre rich fruits like papaya, apple, berry (only ripened), pears, oranges, cantaloupe and watermelon.
- Consume the vegetables like cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, onion, cucumber, carrot, beans, celery, peas, black eye beans, asparagus, legumes and sweet potatoes. These vegetables are rich in the antioxidants and fibers thus good for hemorrhoids.
- Other products like milk, yogurt, walnut, almonds, hazelnut, honey, sesame, aloe vera, cow ghee and buttermilk are also considered to be good in hemorrhoids.
Foods to be avoided in hemorrhoids:
- Junk food
- Spicy food
- Excess salty food
- Sweet meat
- Oily food
Above mentioned diet and home remedies are quite effective to resolve the problem of hemorrhoids. These are the natural remedies and thus don’t cause any adverse effects on human health.
Mushrooms are well-known for their meaty, rich taste. Shiitakes were grown in the United States in the late 1970s and have been popular in Asia for over 1,000 years. They are currently available in most food stores. Shiitakes are brown or dark gray, and the caps usually grow to 2 to 4 inches in width
Some appetizers don't need a presentation and even more, they advertise themselves alone. One of these culinary achievements is the "Elena" fillet. No one can resist the pure delicacy covered with aromatic spices that trigger everybody's appetite.
Hypothyroidism is a condition marked by an ‘underactive thyroid.’ In this condition, the thyroid gland is unable to produce a sufficient quantity of certain vital hormones which are responsible for controlling the growth of the body, as well as its repair and metabolism.
Smoothies can be a powerful tool for weight loss and boosting your overall health, but most smoothies these days are doing more harm than good. This easy to follow guide will show you how to make a truly healthy smoothie in just 5 simple steps! You can take your smoothies to the next level by cutting out sugary fruit juice, adding in nutrient dense greens, powering up with protein rich foods, blending correctly, and boosting your smoothie with superfoods.
Asthma is prevalent in all parts of the world. With the increasing population and mental stress, this condition is imposing a burden on the community of the developing countries as well.
We obsess over our weighing scale readings. People with flat tummies and thigh gaps are envied and epitomized. Society has turned us into fitness freaks, people who would go to any lengths to let lose those extra pounds