How to Prevent Diabetes and Improve Health
Nowadays, as the lifestyle of people is sedentary due to which people are more prone to various types of diseases in which diabetes is one of them. As high blood pressure and diabetes are two major diseases that are mostly in 90% people. Most of the diabetic patients take this disease lightly and don’t follow a proper diet, exercise, and treatment. Due to their carelessness, patients can even lead to death. Most of the people don’t have proper knowledge of this disease due to which they show carelessness. Diabetes occurs when blood glucose level also called blood sugar increases in the body. Blood glucose is the main source of energy that comes from food that we eat. Insulin is a hormone produced by pancreas in human body. It helps glucose from food to get into cells to be used for energy. Lack of insulin or resistance to insulin causes sugar to build in blood which leads to health problems in body.
Most common types of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes:
- In type 1 diabetes the body is unable to produce insulin. The immune system attacks and destroys the cells in the pancreas that make insulin in the body. It is usually diagnosed in children and young adults, although it can appear at any age. To stay alive patient need to take insulin every day.
Type 2 Diabetes:
- In type 2 diabetes body is unable to make or use insulin well. It can develop at any age, even during childhood. This type of diabetes occurs in middle-aged and older people. It is the most common type of diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes: - This type of diabetes develops in some women when they are pregnant. If the patient is having gestational diabetes than she is having a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes later in life.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination, excessive thirst, and hunger, drowsiness or fatigue, dry, itchy skin, slow healing wounds, blurry vision.
Diet for Diabetic Patients
- Patients should follow a proper diet to manage his/her diabetic condition. Always choose high-fiber diet. Here are some foods mentioned below which should be chosen or avoided by diabetic patients.
Avoid These Foods Always
- White rice, white bread, white potatoes, regular pasta, sugary breakfast cereals, instant oatmeals, cornflakes, corn.
Choose These Foods Always:
- Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, high-fiber, low sugar cereal, low-sugar bran flakes, peas or leafy greens.
- Okra, also called ladies’ finger help reduce blood glucose levels and control diabetes. Guava due to its vitamin C and high fiber content, eating guava can be really helpful in maintaining the blood sugar level.
Home remedies are the best way to treat diabetes in patients as it is easily available at home.
- Bitter gourd juice is beneficial in diabetic patients due to its blood glucose lowering effects it tends to influence the glucose metabolism. Drink bitter gourd on an empty stomach each morning.
- Indian gooseberry which is also known as Amla juice promotes proper functioning of the pancreas. Mix 2 tablespoon of amla juice in a cup of water and drink it daily on an empty stomach. You can also drink 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice in a cup of bitter gourd juice and drink it daily.
- Fenugreek is a herb used to control diabetes as it improves glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels. Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight drink the water along with seeds in the morning on an empty stomach. Instead of this eat 2 tablespoons of powdered fenugreek seeds daily with milk.
- Cinnamon powdered helps in lowering blood sugar level. It contains bioactive components that can help prevent and fight diabetes easily. Take a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of warm water drink it daily.
- Jamun contains anthocyanins, ellagic acid, hydrolysable tannins etc. that helps in controlling blood sugar level. Make a powder of dried seeds of jamun fruit eat a small amount of this powder with water twice a day.
- Mango leaves can be used to treat diabetes by regulating insulin levels. Eat a ½ teaspoon of powdered mango leaves two times daily. Soak 10 to 15 tender mango leaves in a glass of water overnight filter the water and drink it on empty stomach every morning.
- Curry leaves have anti-diabetic properties as curry leaves contain an ingredient that reduces the rate at which starch is broken down to glucose in diabetes.
- Aloe vera gel is used in lowering the blood glucose levels. Mix ½ teaspoon each of ground bay leaves, turmeric and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel consume it before lunch and dinner.
Healthy Tips to Prevent Diabetes and Improve Health
- Exercise is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity daily walk for 30 minutes a day.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods like canned soups, frozen dinners, or low-fat meals and eat fresh food.
- Instead of fried food choose boiled, or stir-fried.
- Eat regular small meals up to 6 per day.
- Start your day off with a good breakfast as it will provide energy as well as steady blood sugar levels in the body.
- Diabetic patient should avoid alcohol.
- Diabetic patients should not eat sweets, desserts etc.
- The safest fats are unsaturated fat, which comes from fish and plant sources such as nuts, olive oil, avocado, Salmon, tuna, and flaxseeds are also used in the diet.
- Omega-3 fatty acids fight inflammation and support brain and heart health problems.
- Some yoga asana like (vajrasana,sarwangasana,halasana,dhanurasana,chakrasana,ardh matsyendrasana and pranayama )should be performed by the diabetic patients.
What is Fasting Insulin? How it is significant in the early detection of Diabetes? Why we are being bombarded these days about Ayurveda? Ayurveda is "Veda about herbs" It means "Ayushman bhav with knowledge of herbs, meaning thereby, a book that helps you to live longer, in a healthier style.
High Blood sugar occurs when your body doesn’t produce enough insulin or even when the body cannot use insulin well to transport sugar from the blood to cells. Although there’s no known treatment for this condition, there are a couple of things you can do which impact directly on your blood sugar levels in a positive way.
Alcohol, refined sugar, genes, decelerated metabolism, and further origins of concentrated sugar in your blood add onto glycemia and widely spread 21. century disease. Processing the sugars and starches turns uneasy; urination becomes more frequent; and your thirst after liquids abnormal - any similar sign resembles a silent language, such as the fatigue or losing weight.
Diabetes is characterized by an increase in blood sugar levels and frequent micturition. It is a type of Vataja Prameha (passing of excess urine in quantity and frequency) known as Madhumedha (excretion of sweet urine) or Asrava or Maharoga (a Major disease affecting almost all parts of the body) in Ayurveda.
Diabetes can lead to various serious illnesses, including itching, heart attack, blindness, nerve damage, stroke, impotence, and even amputation of a limb. Taking pills cannot always guarantee a permanent cure. Opt for safe and secure Ayurvedic treatment that provides a long-term cure without any side effects.