Benefits of Children Swimming
Swimming is good for all people, but especially for children. With this sport, they can develop and strengthen their muscles, stimulate the circulatory and respiratory system. Swimming also helps the child developing his independence and develop his self-confidence.
In our mother's womb, we are floating, some say that babies know how to swim because they were always surrounded by liquid. However, to experience what they call life it is necessary to get out of our mother's womb, and then we find other pleasant places; one of them is water.
The feeling of slipping through the water is very relaxing and stimulating at the same time. Swimming helps children learning to have a sense of space, inside or outside the pool lanes.
These benefits develop skills that your child will use throughout his life, skills that he can develop from six months when the baby can start contacting with water. There are currently many places where babies experience in the water with their parents, which is an experience that helps strengthen the emotional bond between them.
At that age, the experience in the water is very attractive. Coaches understand that children learn by playing and make the moment in the water, a playful experience in which the baby listens to music and interacts with toys.
Benefits without injuries
- Swimming, unlike other sports, minimizes the risks of injuries, while the practitioner strengthens his entire body and has fun.
- Swimming prevents respiratory diseases and if the child suffers from them, their condition improves, as infants who practice swimming learn to breathe properly and expand their lung capacity.
- Exercising the body with swimming is also beneficial for the cardiovascular condition of children and improves their physical endurance and not only that but also improves their entire circulatory system.
- Another benefit of swimming is that it lowers blood glucose levels because aerobic exercise causes increased insulin sensitivity. Therefore, it reduces insulin needs in diabetic children.
Tips to enjoy the benefits of swimming
It is convenient for your child to progressively start swimming sessions and that the duration of these sessions is gradually increasing, which prevents the muscles from becoming overloaded. After the initial phase, it is recommended that the child practice swimming at least three times a week and that each session is extended for at least 30 minutes.
It is highly recommended that your child takes a shower before and after being in the pool and that in the showers wear shoes to prevent fungal infections of the feet. Another recommendation is that the child wears a sunscreen if the swimming practice is outdoors, that he wears a cap inside the pool and also glasses to prevent his eyes from getting irritated by the pool's chlorine. For understanding water literacy, using the swim vest for toddlers can be a great idea. This will support the degree of independence of a baby in the water.
Reasons to swim
Certainly, the benefits of swimming are multiple, among which it is possible to defend yourself in a dangerous situation in the water, however here we summarize nine reasons why it is good for your child to go into the water:
- It controls body weight, which prevents obesity in children (and 80 percent of obese children will also be adults).
- It helps keep lower blood pressure figures.
- Lowers blood cholesterol concentration: reduces the development of arteriosclerosis since childhood.
- It lowers blood glucose levels because aerobic exercise causes increased insulin sensitivity. Therefore, it reduces insulin needs in diabetic children.
- It contributes to qualitatively increase the physical effort capacity in children, conditioning a better cardiovascular response.
- Improves flexibility, coordination, agility, speed, and muscular strength.
Is your current baby monitor driving you nuts? The job of a baby monitor is to make your life as a parent easier. So you get a good night’s rest and so does your baby. And there are many ways in which a baby monitor can go wrong.
The family delivers values, beliefs and a sense of belonging and identity, and in it, children learn to socialize and explore their emotional world. The time we spend with our family helps us to know our children, that they know us and make effective family communication possible. A united family that makes spending family time a priority is happy.
If you just had your baby and little by little you want to recover your workouts, but you fear to separate from him, the stroller will be your best solution to take him to your training. You must take into account certain tips that will help you to make your training effective and at the same time, keep your baby safe. The safety of a baby is the main concern during jogging.
Maybe you are a track coach, a regular runner, or somewhere in between, Bob Ironman stroller is designed to go as fast as possible. Front-wheel adjustment, 16-inch, high-pressure, low-tire tires are easy to roll on hard surfaces, both in running and at speed training
In the past, children only exercised a few hours a week during school classes. Today it seems that they are more 'restless' and need activities to pass the time, so we must take into account what are the best sports for children, designed so that they can develop their skills, learn to work in teams and comply with the rules or discipline.
Traveling with a baby can be a different experience for new parents. Do you want to know which things to consider while traveling with toddlers? Keep reading!