15 Simple ways to add Ayurveda in everyday life
Life (ayu) is the combination of body, senses, mind and reincarnating soul. Ayurveda is comprised of two words (ayur - life and veda-knowledge or science) which means life of science. It is not only the holistic approach to heal the sickness but an ancient scripture for good health and fitness. A disciplined routine is an eminent approach for the good health. In Ayurveda “dinacharya’’ (daily routine) is way to live fullest without any health issues. Ayurveda emphasis on a healthy routine to live and age gracefully. Ayurveda is governed by all these facts like what we are eating, in which environment we are living and state of our mental health. Here we are sharing the 15 simple ways to add Ayurveda in everyday life so that you feel healthier, happier and blissful.
- Wake up early–Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Ayurveda prescribes that if you want to prolong your life then getting up early in the morning is the 1st step. One should get up early around 4:30 – 5:00 am as it is most refreshing and pure time of day. It fulfills your day with positive vibes and energy.
- Eliminate the toxins-After getting up try to extrude the body;s wastes or toxins through urine and stool. In Ayurveda root cause of various diseases is considered as unclear stomach. If you delay in the excretion process then indirectly you are poisoning body which later on turns into the several chronic health issues.
- Eating Habits – There is a saying “food you eat can be either safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.& ; According to Ayurveda, proper eating habits play an important role to keep us healthy and disease free. Consuming the organic fruits and vegetables and staying away from the junk or processed food are the healthy habits which help to save you from disease. We should be careful while choosing our food items.
- Morning Walk -A morning walk is a blessing for whole day.Walking is the one of best form of exercise which offers you physical and mental peace without creating any exertion on your body. Moreover morning walk is considered as the stress buster.
- Purify senses –In morning purification of senses is important from the Ayurvedic point of view.Washing eyes with rose water and ears with small amount of warm almond oil, gargling mouth with sesame oil and finally nose cleansing (jal neti) with water.
- Meditation–For inner peace, relaxation and rejuvenation, meditation is important. It is a way to connect us to the inner source of energy. In today’s busy life it is mandatory to spare few time for meditation. Just sit down, close your eyes with a smile on your face for some time.
- Breakfast-Breakfast should be taken between 8:00 -8:30 a.m. your breakfast should be warm and nutritious.
- Make a schedule- Try to make a schedule of all the things that you are going to do throughout the day. A preplanned day will be helpful to keep you away from stress and tension. Sticking to a planned schedule is fruitful to maintain a mental, physical and emotional balance in your body.
- Drink plenty of water – Drinking plenty of water helps to flush out the toxins (ama) from the body. According to Ayurveda drinking ample amount of water improves the digestion and keeps away various ailments. Moreover it also hydrates the skin thus keeps our skin supple and glowing.
- Lunch - Time period of your lunch should be between 12 and 1 P.M. According to Ayurveda, it is the peak Pitta period. Pitta which is responsible for the digestion and Ayurveda prescribes that the lunch should be the largest meal of the day. After the meal it is good to have a little walk which helps in the digestion.
- Bond with nature–To get a break from all worries and tensions, it is important to spend some time with Mother Nature. So in your free time, despite of using your gadgets, spend time with greenery. Give up your gadgets and surrender yourself to the nature, you will develop a soothing feeling which makes you to forget all your worries, problems and stress.
- Oil massage-Oil massage in the morning helps to moisturize and detoxify skin. It prevent the wrinkles, also fosters your mind and body. Besides, it also gives a healthy looking complexion to your skin.
- Include herbs–Common herbs like turmeric ginger, garlic, cumin, pepper are used as the spices in our kitchens. These herbs are loaded with various health benefits which protect us from various ailment. So make these spices apart of your diet.
- Dinner - Try to have your dinner around 7 P.M and it should be lighter than the lunch. Your dinner must be at least three hours before bedtime so that body can get enough time to digest the food.
- Restful sleep –After a busy day, a good sleep is mandatory. As our body needs a specific period of time to rejuvenate. Moreover to get up early in morning all we need to sleep around 9:30 – 10:00 pm. A good sleep is time during which our cells work in synchronization to strengthen and energize our body. Taking a warm bath and slow deep breathing help to get a good sleep.
“ Your body is precious, it is your vehicle for awakening, treat it with care.”
For centuries, the universe has always been a topic of interest due to people's curiosity and fascination. Modern Astrophysicists have revealed how closely related this vastness is with our human bodies when they find out that we're all made up of stardust!
Due to rapid growth of competition in the market where people are finding it hard to keep their jobs and solve their bread and butter issues, making us forget about how important their health is, in this stressful environment. Money can indeed buy almost all the things but not health.
Meditation is probably among the more common words that you hear on a daily basis in both traditional and social media society. Thousands of people are writing blogs about how meditation has helped them find the true meaning of life and their inner peace.
Self-meditation will have a number of benefits on your life, not only will you feel better in general but you will find you can overcome particular phobias and remain calm or simply just use it to relax the mind after a hectic day. Learning how to do guided meditation for slip improve is difficult but is a talent that will gain your life both physically and mentally.