Can the Nutrisystem Diet Work for Diabetics
The over-abundant food selections and varieties we have today have also paved the way for diabetes, a lifelong disease that can affect us all regardless of race, age, gender, and social status.
A person with too high blood levels instantly becomes a member of the ever-increasing statistics of diabetics that unfortunately grow rather than diminish. The swift rise of obesity all over the world has become alarming needing stricter measures when it comes to unhealthy food selections and an inactive lifestyle.
Diabetes has two main types:
- Type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune condition wherein the insulin-producing cells are attacked and destroyed by the immune system of the body
- Type 2 diabetes is a health condition wherein an inadequate insulin is produced by the body or due to the body’s non-reaction to insulin
Between the two types of diabetes, type 2 is the health condition that has become commonplace the world over.
People having above-normal blood sugar levels are not diagnosed right off as diabetic. However, they are now in the pre-diabetes area with a bigger chance of eventually becoming a full-blown diabetic.
The only way to counter this health condition, whether in the pre-diabetes or diabetes stage is to drastically change the lifestyle. Going from sluggish to active and opting for foods rich in fiber and protein are the best ways to reverse or avoid altogether the devastating effects of diabetes.
Diets have come and go with little or big success, depending on a person’s attitude. Some diets went against the grain when it comes to health such as the liquid diet, the one-a-day eating diet, etc. They were flash-in-the-pan diets that were so extreme and unhealthy as well.
A good diet does not have to deprive the body its basic nutrients for it to achieve weight loss. A good diet means getting all the benefits from nutritious foods that can sustain the energy levels throughout the day.
The Nutrisystem Diet’s arrival on the scene to claim weight loss as much as 5 pounds in a week while improving the health of the body is too good to be true. Can this finally be THE diet to help diabetics lose weight and lower down their blood sugar levels at the same time?
What is the Nutrisystem Diet and what does it claim to have?
Meal planning and portion control is what the Nutrisystem diet is all about. Blood sugar has been found to be the first to be affected by the various carbs taken into the body. There are “good” carbs meant to be slowly digested such as whole grains and veggies that are high in fiber and protein. Filling your digestive system with full-packed protein and fiber carbs keeps you full longer, thus stabilizing your metabolism and blood sugar.
The prepackaged meals created by Nutrisystem not only pack in the nutrients needed by the body, it also leads to weight loss. Shopping, purchasing, and preparing foods that include all the healthy carbs to curb your appetite and make you lose weight need not be a time-breaking chore when the prepackaged meals can be delivered right to your home.
Losing weight can now be achievable and doable with the new “Lean 13” plan of Nutrisystem that claims to make women lose 7 inches and 13 pounds on the first month of the diet, with men losing as much as 7 inches and 15 pounds for the same period of time.
The D Plan from Nutrisystem aims to lose weight, control and maintain the weight loss, and control and prevent diabetes.
What’s the D Plan and how can it manage diabetes?
The D Plan is Nutrisystem’s answer to the burgeoning health problems of obesity leading to diabetes. The plan aims to:
- Sustain normal levels of blood sugar while promoting weight loss
- Provide a balanced prepackaged meal for an effective, yet safe, weight loss
- Provide frozen foods that are delectable and top-of-the-line anytime you need it
- Prevent blood sugar level spikes by keeping it steady with snacks and meals every 2-3 hours
- Provide a total count between 1,200-1,500 calories of nutritious meals a day to keep you full for longer periods
- Feel happy with the meal choices while maintaining the stability of your blood glucose
There are three diabetes plans to choose from with the Nutrisystem D:
For $9.82 a day the diabetes basic plan gives you:
- A Nutrisystem Blueberry Muffin to start your day
- Fresh berries with nonfat yogurt for a mid-morning snack
- Nutrisystem Chicken Noodle Soup garnished with sliced veggies you can quickly heat for lunch
- Almonds and Orange to instantly lift you up mid-afternoon
- Nutrisystem Chili with Beans for a satisfying and fulfilling dinner
- Nutrisystem White Chocolate Chunk Cookies as a delicious and nutritious snack to end your day
Expect these amazing meals offered by the Diabetes Core Plan starting at $10.54 per day:
- Break the fast with the filling Nutrisystem Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Rev up the energy level with the mid-morning snack of fresh blueberries with low-fat Greek yogurt
- Enjoy a lunch of instantly heated Nutrisystem Cheese Tortellini garnished with sliced veggies
- Pair cheese and whole grain crackers for the afternoon snack
- Bon appétit with the delicious Nutrisystem Santa Fe Style Chicken for dinner
- Sit in front of your TV while deliciously ending your day with Nutrisystem White Cheddar Popcorn
Diabetes Uniquely Yours
Get on the bandwagon with this top-rated meal plan starting at $11.96 per day:
- Start the day right with the appetizing Nutrisystem Buttermilk Waffles
- Lift up flagging spirits with a healthy dose of apple slices with peanut butter dip
- Heat and enjoy your lunch of Nutrisystem Broccoli & Cheese Melt
- Get going with a mid-afternoon healthy snack of cheese and whole grain crackers
- Celebrate pizza night with a dinner of Nutrisystem Italian Sausage & Turkey Pizza
- Treat yourself to a decadent snack of Nutrisystem Ice Cream Sandwich
Nutrisystem seems to have hit the mark with their meal plans that cater to weight loss and diabetes issues. The convenience of home delivery with the option of choosing more delicious meals from a wide assortment of nutritious foods is mind-boggling. Yet, the thousands of customer reviews that only have high praises for Nutrisystem tells you the success story of the company.
The best thing about these meal plans is their 30-day money back guarantee. This is one offer few, if none at all, food service companies can ever beat, hands down.
Asthma is prevalent in all parts of the world. With the increasing population and mental stress, this condition is imposing a burden on the community of the developing countries as well.
We obsess over our weighing scale readings. People with flat tummies and thigh gaps are envied and epitomized. Society has turned us into fitness freaks, people who would go to any lengths to let lose those extra pounds
With the continuous improvement of people's consumption level, bottled water has gradually become the main way of drinking water. Some families will choose water purifier as another way to drink water, quickly and easily drink pure, healthy drinking water.