7 Tips For Reducing Excessive Sweating This Summer
Though sweating is a normal body function to keep the temperature of the body normal but when the body sweat excessively regardless of any stimuli, it becomes a medical condition referred to as ‘hyperhidrosis’.
Summer is just around the corner and for many people this is a season of enjoyment, pool side picnic parties, sun bathing and barbeques but for almost 3% of the population who suffer from hyperhidrosis, summer is the most dreaded season of sweating, according to the reports of International Hyperhidrosis Society.
Although the sufferers of hyperhidrosis suffer from the excessive sweating issue regardless of the outside temperature but their condition become worse during summers further aggravating the problem. It may make their sweaty feet to slip out of their favourite flip flops, sun screen wash off due to sweat while sweaty underarms ruin their summer t-shirts.
Thus, to enable the excessive sweaters as well as normal sweaters to enjoy this summer season and to stay healthy and confident, here are some summer survival tips from the experts.
- Before the start of summer, it is better to book your appointment with your dermatologist to get an advice about the hyperhidrosis treatments including the use of over-the-counter or prescriptions deodorants and anti-perspirants, Botox or iontophoresis.
- Drink lots of water to keep you body temperature cool and normal. Thirst is the sign that your body need more fluids. Sweating is important in regulating the temperature of your body during hot temperature. To make this internal air conditioning system work properly, you need to take enough amounts of fluids.
- Wear loose and light weight clothing made up of natural organic fabrics in light colours. Loose clothing allows easy evaporation of sweat while natural fabrics take moisture away from your skin without causing any bad odour. There are many brands like Adidas, Nike, Timberland etc. that offer special odourless clothing to counter perspiration.
- Protect your skin from direct sun exposure. Sun burned or sun damaged skin is another cause of excessive sweating because skin damage cause difficulty in heat dissipation form the body. Whenever it is possible, keep yourself out of direct sunlight, always wear sunscreen when you are outside and wear wide brimmed hats.
- Wear lightweight and breathable shoes. When the outside temperature is hot, the temperature in your shoes can reach up to 120 degree F. Therefore, you should choose to wear shoes that are breathable or sandals that have sweat absorbing inserts. Also use, special foot powders, anti-perspirants on your feet before wearing shoes to minimize sweat and bad odour caused by it. You can consult your dermatologist for recommendations.
- Take cold showers 2-3 times a day which will help to cool down your body temperature during hot summers.
- During summers you need to change the routine of using antiperspirants. Choose the antiperspirant that comes in soft-solid formula and apply it in your armpits thrice a day; morning, afternoon and before bedtime. The application of anti-perspirant especially before bed time has found to be quite effective. If you suffer from excessive sweating of face, apply the anti-perspirant along your hair line but do a skin test on a small area to ensure that it does not cause any reaction.
By adopting these tips this summer, you can significantly control your excessive sweating issue. If you still feel that these tips are not helping, you can consult the expert and professional dermatologist who will suggest an appropriate hyperhidrosis treatment according to the severity as well as the area of your excessive sweating problem. There are numerous treatment options available including prescription deodorants and antiperspirants, Botox and Iontophoresis.
Everyone wants to look young and defy the signs of aging. Well, there are so many creams and serums that make tall claims, but are they effective? A few of them are, but if you are looking for a more effective treatment, go for dermal fillers.
To smooth out the wrinkles and regain the firmness of the past, there is a less drastic remedy than the botox injection; we are talking about bee venom, a remedy of natural origin that few people know yet but which offers numerous benefits to the skin of the face and beyond.
The new cosmetic product didn't work miracles straight away? There can be several reasons for this. Because the skin also takes time to get used to new things. Sometimes it takes a whole regeneration cycle. But how quickly does the skin renew itself? And in which cases is the change particularly noticeable?
The prior thing to begin with face makeup is the application of face primer. Face primer is a makeup product that lets make-up to stay all day long. Being first and a crucial step, it becomes important to consider many things while choosing the most appropriate primer for your face.
In this write-up, we take a look at charcoal based products helps to solve multiple problems faced by women every day.
Maharishi Ayurveda is a modern consciousness-based revival of the ancient Ayurvedic medicine tradition. It considers true beauty to be supported by three pillars, the inner beauty, the outer beauty and the lasting beauty. A balanced state of these all let us attain the radiant health that makes us fulfilled and beautiful person.