7 Tips For Reducing Excessive Sweating This Summer
Though sweating is a normal body function to keep the temperature of the body normal but when the body sweat excessively regardless of any stimuli, it becomes a medical condition referred to as ‘hyperhidrosis’.
Summer is just around the corner and for many people this is a season of enjoyment, pool side picnic parties, sun bathing and barbeques but for almost 3% of the population who suffer from hyperhidrosis, summer is the most dreaded season of sweating, according to the reports of International Hyperhidrosis Society.
Although the sufferers of hyperhidrosis suffer from the excessive sweating issue regardless of the outside temperature but their condition become worse during summers further aggravating the problem. It may make their sweaty feet to slip out of their favourite flip flops, sun screen wash off due to sweat while sweaty underarms ruin their summer t-shirts.
Thus, to enable the excessive sweaters as well as normal sweaters to enjoy this summer season and to stay healthy and confident, here are some summer survival tips from the experts.
- Before the start of summer, it is better to book your appointment with your dermatologist to get an advice about the hyperhidrosis treatments including the use of over-the-counter or prescriptions deodorants and anti-perspirants, Botox or iontophoresis.
- Drink lots of water to keep you body temperature cool and normal. Thirst is the sign that your body need more fluids. Sweating is important in regulating the temperature of your body during hot temperature. To make this internal air conditioning system work properly, you need to take enough amounts of fluids.
- Wear loose and light weight clothing made up of natural organic fabrics in light colours. Loose clothing allows easy evaporation of sweat while natural fabrics take moisture away from your skin without causing any bad odour. There are many brands like Adidas, Nike, Timberland etc. that offer special odourless clothing to counter perspiration.
- Protect your skin from direct sun exposure. Sun burned or sun damaged skin is another cause of excessive sweating because skin damage cause difficulty in heat dissipation form the body. Whenever it is possible, keep yourself out of direct sunlight, always wear sunscreen when you are outside and wear wide brimmed hats.
- Wear lightweight and breathable shoes. When the outside temperature is hot, the temperature in your shoes can reach up to 120 degree F. Therefore, you should choose to wear shoes that are breathable or sandals that have sweat absorbing inserts. Also use, special foot powders, anti-perspirants on your feet before wearing shoes to minimize sweat and bad odour caused by it. You can consult your dermatologist for recommendations.
- Take cold showers 2-3 times a day which will help to cool down your body temperature during hot summers.
- During summers you need to change the routine of using antiperspirants. Choose the antiperspirant that comes in soft-solid formula and apply it in your armpits thrice a day; morning, afternoon and before bedtime. The application of anti-perspirant especially before bed time has found to be quite effective. If you suffer from excessive sweating of face, apply the anti-perspirant along your hair line but do a skin test on a small area to ensure that it does not cause any reaction.
By adopting these tips this summer, you can significantly control your excessive sweating issue. If you still feel that these tips are not helping, you can consult the expert and professional dermatologist who will suggest an appropriate hyperhidrosis treatment according to the severity as well as the area of your excessive sweating problem. There are numerous treatment options available including prescription deodorants and antiperspirants, Botox and Iontophoresis.
In this write-up, we take a look at charcoal based products helps to solve multiple problems faced by women every day.
Maharishi Ayurveda is a modern consciousness-based revival of the ancient Ayurvedic medicine tradition. It considers true beauty to be supported by three pillars, the inner beauty, the outer beauty and the lasting beauty. A balanced state of these all let us attain the radiant health that makes us fulfilled and beautiful person.
Have you ever wonder why your complexion lacks glow and doesn't even look healthy. Many of us have dull-skin and we don't even know it. This condition occurs when our skin loses its glow and doesn't look bright or radiant. We can easily recover from this and gain that radiant glow just by taking the necessary steps.
The most difficult task when purchasing makeup is finding the suitable shade of foundation for your skin. Many of us even have different shades depending upon season to season. The struggle for finding the correct shade of foundation is not easy. We all know by experience that many times we have ended up with buying the wrong shade for ourselves.
If there is one hidden desire that binds every woman in the world it is the desire to look beautiful – to have a smooth and glowing sink. But depending on your lifestyle and the type of your skin you are likely to suffer from problems of blackheads, dry or oily skin, redness and other skin issues.
In today’s episode, you’re going to have an amazing content on anti-aging tips. So let’s jump over that! Who doesn’t want a young looking skin? We know that we all want it. The aging of the skin is a natural process that continues itself in each of us over time; however, we ourselves can accelerate this process.