5 Problems You Can Avoid by Regular Visits to a Pediatric Dentist
The health of our children is the responsibility of us, parents. It concerns not only the age when they are growing up. Dental health control is important for their health in future too. The number of problems neglected in childhood and having consequences throughout a person’s life is huge. These are problems of all kinds – dental diseases, wrong occlusion, metabolism dysfunctions and even odontophobia. How does it work? Let us observe the main reasons why regular visits to a pediatric dentist is an important part of mindful parenting.
1. The child will get used to being in a dentist’s cabinet and will not be afraid of it. The roots of odontophobia lie in childhood. In many cases, children grow up with fear of dental procedures because of the parents. They try to get the child prepared for this and tell them that it will not hurt. It does not always work. Even the mentioning of possible pain is enough to saw the seeds of fear. Besides, visiting dentist when the problem already exists and brings pain is not the most pleasant thing in the world. It may only double the pain and stress. Of course, if the child suffers it is necessary to help. Nevertheless, a visit to the doctor when everything is ok will definitely bring no unpleasant feelings. It will establish a positive association with the dentist’s cabinet and prove your child there is nothing to be afraid of.
2. The dental diseases will be diagnosed in their earliest stages and their treatment will be much easier. The additional important moment – it will be also much less painful and unpleasant. Some parents mistakenly think that paying much attention to the treatment of primary teeth is not necessary. They suppose that there is no sense in wasting time, money and efforts because constant teeth will replace the primary ones. This mistake cost their children a lot in future. Neglected caries can damage the germs of the constant teeth and the problem will not be solved with their appearance. Moreover, the loss of primary teeth earlier than it must perform brings problems with occlusion. The prophylaxis visits help diagnose the problem much earlier than it will show some symptoms or bring discomfort. That is why it is necessary to show the child’s teeth to the pediatric dentist regularly no matter if there are any complaints.
3. The proper occlusion is the thing that must be controlled and receive a timely reaction. The crooked teeth in adults that they are so shy of and try to treat with braces can be avoided by the proper control in childhood. There may be various reasons for the irregular teeth growth. It may happen because of the out-of-schedule teeth replacement, bad habits like thumb sucking and even genetic reasons. The fact is still a fact – these problems occur in childhood and must be solved in childhood. Regular prophylaxis visits to the dentist will help diagnose the problem in time and appoint the orthodontic treatment immediately. When it begins in childhood, it is very effective. In addition, it is also much less unpleasant, lengthy and expensive compared to the adult’s orthodontic treatment. When your child grows up, he or she will be so thankful for your timely reaction that provided a charming smile with white and straight teeth.
4. Some general diseases can be diagnosed by the state of the children’s teeth. Our dental health can say a lot about our general health. It concerns both adults and children. The metabolic dysfunctions, problems with the work of digestive, excretory and respiratory systems, inflammatory processes in the organism very often develop without any serious symptoms that may attract the attention of parents. Nevertheless, the high-skilled dentist can see them by the state of your child’s teeth. This is one more serious reason for a visit to the pediatric dentist. Even if everything seems to be ok, it is better to be absolutely sure.
5. Habits are raised in a family, and being attentive to your health is a good habit. Parents’ behavior is the prism through which our children perceive the world. The study on the parents’ example and their treatment towards different things form a worldview of the future adult. Teaching children care about their health is a very important thing that will save them from many problems in their adult life. If a child gets used to regular dental health diagnostics, he or she will continue doing this in the adult life too. So, by taking care of the children’s dental health and making sure everything is okay you form in your children positive and mindful treatment towards their health. They will remember it as a part of their life picture and will probably teach it to their children too. This is how the traditions of healthy living are continuing throughout generations and people with healthy body and mind are raised. Taking care of your health can be a wonderful family tradition and you can become its founder.
Are you satisfied with the appearance of your front teeth or do they have some imperfections you’d like to hide? Most of us are not entirely happy with the way our smile looks and this is where dental veneers are frequently an excellent solution
In today’s world, our life mainly revolves around food, money, and shelter. Can you imagine a world, where you have all three of them, but no teeth to enjoy the food? Well, there is a revolutionary gift of dental science to humanity, which allows you to feel the crunchiness of a fresh apple even when you have lost your teeth.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular dental treatments available today, but did you realize dentists only discovered teeth whitening accidentally? Originally, dentists would treat gum disease with mouth rinse containing hydrogen peroxide and noticed that the patient’s teeth turned whiter when they used these mouth rinses.
Have you put up with a crooked smile for years? Are you fed up with trying to brush and floss overlapping or overcrowded teeth? If so, orthodontics might be the right treatment for you. But, if you are an adult, then you are probably reluctant to wear conventional braces.
Dental implants are an innovative technology that has now been in use for decades, so it is hardly surprising that they have evolved considerably during this period. Nowadays, they are frequently recognized as being the optimal technique for restoring missing teeth, providing patients with a good, durable and long-term solution that sometimes even lasts for life.
One question that dentists hear many times over is whether patients should be concerned about having silver fillings and if they should be removed. Millions of people have silver or amalgam dental fillings because this material has been used for more than 150 years to restore teeth.
One question frequently asked by patients is whether they are too old for dental implants. Often people who are in their 70s or 80s, or who are even quite a bit younger are worried this treatment might not be appropriate.
Have you ever heard the old wives tale about losing a tooth for every child? It is easy to dismiss this as just folklore, especially given the improved level of dental care over the past few decades, but now it seems as if there might be more than a grain of truth in this old saying.
Oil pulling is a classic Ayurveda procedure of either holding or swishing oils in the mouth. It comes under the category of "SNEHANAM" - the oleation therapy. Snehanam includes the Ayurveda procedures which help to bring out oiliness and softness to the body and imparts moisturizing effects.