A Simple Guide to UX/UI Design
Web design is a skill that many people wish to know and acquire in their career advancement. It is a learning process that you can acquire and practice. So here is a Simple Guide to UX/UI Design.
Familiarize Yourself with UI principles
Any practice or skill has its own principles to follow in order to give an end result that is complete. The world of design is a world of creativity that uses certain principles to bring creativity to life. Some of the basic principles include;
- principles of design; color. Involves learning the use of color in web design, color vocabulary and the psychology of colors. The influence of colors on our perception is not at all obvious and often subconscious making it one of the more difficult elements to study, for instance, studies have shown that orange pills have better effect as a stimulant than other colors.
- principle of design; balance- you can use symmetry to create a certain design where there is a distribution of elements that look the same. Asymmetry, on the other hand, is the absence of symmetry. It consists of an element that is distributed unevenly. Designers can use this principle to portray dynamism or movement.
- principle of design contrast; the contrast in design can be used to build a certain hierarchy and focus, organize information.
- typography; it involves learning how to use and choose certain fonts for readability purposes of text on the web.
- consistency; it is the most important principle and involves making elements behave the same.
UX Creative Process
The next step is learning the creative process of UI /UX design. It consists of four phases.
- Discover - where the project starts by researching, getting inspiration and collecting ideas
- Define - at this stage the idea discovered is defined and designers give different creativity to narrow down to a clear creative brief.
- Develop - in this phase is a trial stage where the concepts are prototype and tested. Helps designers to note areas of improvements and refine the idea.
- Delivery - final stage where the project is produced and launched.
Eye For Design
As a designer, you have to learn how to identify good and bad designs and note the weaknesses and strengths of the design. This is known as 'eye for design.' The best way to attain these capabilities is by inspiration. Do research, look at other designs and creativity will start loading. You can also look at how other designers are doing if you find something that you will need to incorporate in your design note it down. In the end, you will have a file of inspiration to start your own design.
Reading Design Material
Reading is the best way to familiarize with design. From articles to books, the internet helps us to know about the latest trends in design. After acquiring the skill, practice. Practice will help us improve and understand the process and stages to design a good project with ease. Designing fake projects for fun and informative. Frequent reading will help you latest web design tools to help you in the design process. example, sketch, figma, Marvell app and so on.
Learning design is not a lonely process. You can find a designer friend who will help you through the process. Having a mentor with you is a great advantage as it speeds up your learning process. They review your work answer your questions give you tricks here and there that they have acquired in their experience. Also, you can share what you have learnt and mentor someone and you can still go through other designers creative projects and get inspired.
Setting up a business or even an organization is one of the most difficult tasks in today’s world. This is due to tough competition among similar brands unless your product is unique. Once established, you need to let people know about it, here, building an official website plays an important role.
The continued rise in the popularity of e-commerce has been a terrific development for not only customers but the businesses that run such stores as well. However, there’s one critical point that has proven to be slightly challenging for e-commerce companies
Web design covers everything visually visible along with things that help Google asses your website quality. We already gave you the two most important reasons for why web design is so crucial for your website. But, there’s obviously more to it, that’s the reason we decided to write this article for you.
Web design trends are subject to change with advancement in software technologies. However, there are many similar elements, but still the web design today is not the same as it was ten years ago. Every year, we find some change in the web design trends, which is why we need to keep an eye on the trends.
You're planning to start another website but you don't have the expenses to hire an expert logo designer. You don't have the right ideas or programming to plan a logo yourself. You're searching for motivation and thoughts for a logo structure.
A brochure can be a powerful tool in the hands of any marketer. It can help you educate and engage your audience in a unique way. However, creating a great brochure is all that matters. It makes a whole world of difference between a flyer that gets read and the one that would possibly end up in the trash can.
As a healthcare professional, it is imperative to design such a website for your neurology practice that can help you in attracting more new patients and beating the competition. Learn here what are the 12 things you should keep in mind when designing any medical website in 2019.
Whenever you set on to creating a website for anything, you want people to visit it. You have obviously had some objectives in your mind regarding its creation. Most of the times those objectives are to create a popularity, to get sign-ups, to get some prospects and leads.
People love to see different colors, but somehow, minimalism is all over the web these days. The concept of minimalism is not just exclusive to the visually-driven and artistic industries. Many businesses today are using minimalism for their web design for many reasons.