Matcha Tea, What Makes it Better Than Your Regular Green Tea
For the past few years, it was all about green tea, its health benefits, but now, people see a new alternative available in the market and are already enjoying its benefits. It is the matcha tea.
Nowadays, from an old age person to college-going youths, there is something really special about drinking tea that everyone craves that one slurp.
What is Matcha Tea and Why it’s Getting Popular?
So, to put some more light on the topic of whether the matcha is a modern type of green tea or a substitute altogether, we decided to discuss with Mr. Saurabh Dhanuka, CEO of My Matcha, who source top grade traditional matcha tea straight from the farmlands of Kyoto, Japan.
And here’s his response.
The actual meaning of Matcha is powdered tea. Matcha tea is a bright green-colored fine form of traditional powdered Japanese tea.
As per Mr. Saurabh, the matcha tea leaves undergo a unique process of farming right from the early stage of plant harvesting to drying of leaves and finally storage, which helps make matcha more powerful and deepens in flavour as a result.
In a nutshell, the pure form of green matcha powder is not just an extract of the leaves but a powder of the actual matcha tea leaves.
What is The Best Way to Prepare Green Matcha Tea?
When it comes to preparing matcha tea, it’s always good to prepare it in the traditional and right way for which the steps are easy:
- Take half a cup of water and just heat it, don’t boil
- Add one teaspoon of green matcha tea powder to hot water
- Now properly whisk it using an old traditional bamboo whisk or with an electric one to form a silky, smooth, and foamy tea.
Preparing and drinking the tea in this form help in maximizing matcha tea benefits and flavor as compared to including the tea in lattes, smoothies, or pastries.
What Are The Benefits of Matcha Tea Powder?
- Matcha is rich in healthy antioxidants called polyphenols; which help in reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases by fighting against the unwanted radicals in the body.
- It also supports in lower down the negative effect of UV radiation and offers you youthful skin. There is another kind of useful antioxidant L-theanine found in matcha tea, which promotes concentration and relaxation as similar as what you achieve from meditation.
- Drinking Matcha also helps in producing serotonin and dopamine, which act as memory and mood enhancers in old age as well.
- Matcha not only helps in maintaining good health, but its anti-inflammatory properties also help in maintaining good and healthy skin too.
- Matcha tea powder is widely used as face masks, which helps in healing minor sunburns and prevent tanning. Using a matcha face mask regularly also provides natural protection to sensitive skin from harmful UV rays.
- Matcha green tea helps boost the immune system and also prevents the invasion of harmful bacteria and viruses in the human body. Thus, people have started using matcha tea during the time of pandemic to boost their immunity and overall wellness.
What Makes Matcha Tea Better Than Regular Tea?
As we know already this fact that the matcha powder is actual tea leaves itself and not just an extract of leaves and that is what makes it more nutritious than a regular form of tea.
On the other hand, green tea or regular tea is obtained from the extracts of the leaves, which makes it a little less effective for overall wellness.
Also, matcha tea holds a rich amount of Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCg), a powerful antioxidant known for its cancer-fighting qualities than any other regular form of tea available in the market.
This useful antioxidant not only helps in boosting metabolism but also helps prevent unwanted and bad toxins in the body.
We hope the above information will help you understand the health benefits of drinking Matcha tea, and you can always buy matcha tea online as well as from your nearby stores to takes good care of your health and fitness by reducing cholesterol, boosting metabolism, providing energy, and detoxifying your body by flushing out various injurious toxins and radicals.
Enjoy your matcha!
If you are tired of not getting enough varieties in the tea category to experience a healthy life, this article is for you. This write-up is all about a secret ingredient that will help reduce your daily struggle to stay healthy.
Tea is second to water as the most widely consumed beverage in the world. Drinking tea has been regarded for years as a key to health, wisdom, and happiness but the tea we drink may have negative effects on the body such as heartburn, dizziness, caffeine dependence, poor sleep, etc.
Matcha is a green tea that is famous for its magic health benefits. This tea contains the nutrients from the entire tea leaf, which means it has a greater amount of caffeine and antioxidants than typically found in green tea