How to Choose the Right Hearing Aid
Pardon me, what did you say? Do you have to utter this line time and again? If yes, it’s time to seriously think about the gravity of the situation. You probably need to consult a hearing professional who can guide you better find the right pair of hearing devices according to your needs.
The choice of a hearing aid may depend on a number of factors. Of course, the audiologist will first diagnose the extent of hearing loss. While diagnosing the problem, he may consider a few specific sounds that the patient has trouble hearing. He might ask you a few questions such as how do you spend a normal day and monitor your response in noisy environments such as crowded places, restaurants, busy market, etc.
Types of Hearing Aids
The hearing aids are categorized based on their types and styles. But the two most common ones are-
In the Ear (ITE)- As the name suggests, it is worn in the ear and is usually custom-fit. The audiologist chooses them for his patients at the time of consultation. They are available according to variable skin tones to match the outer ear.
Behind the Ear (BTE)- These aids are comfortably placed either behind the ear or on the top of the outer ear. It tubs the sound down to the ear canal through a custom-fit earmold or ear tip that protects the ear canal from being obstructed. They vary in size, color, and style to match the personality of the individual
Besides that, there are some other types such as-
- Completely in the Canal (CIC),
- In the Canal (ITC),
- Receiver at Canal (RIC)
- Invisible Hearing Aids (IIC)
- Open Fit
Important Features of Hearing Aid
- The directional microphone helps the individual in communicating with others in noisy surroundings.
- The noise reduction mode improves the quality of sound in loud surroundings.
- The telecoil switch helps in switching from the normal mode to a specialized setting when you are speaking on a telephone, avoiding the high-pitched feedback.
- Some hearing devices have rechargeable battery facilities. Maintenance becomes easier as you don’t need to charge the battery on a regular note.
You should always choose a hearing device on the recommendation of doctors of audiology. They can make adjustments and customization in accordance with your needs. Thus, it will offer a higher level of comfort and an improved hearing experience.
Cost of Hearing Aids
The cost of hearing devices varies depending upon the type, the technology used, and its features. In addition, you will have to pay to test the aid and get them fitted properly in or on the ear. You can negotiate the price with the hearing professional, striking the best deal in the process.
Some Interesting Facts About Advanced Hearing Aids
- You can program the hearing aids. They can be set based on different listening environments. You can recalibrate it automatically.
- The aid has been infused with a wireless facility so that it can connect with Bluetooth technology. It enables the person to receive auditory signals.
- They can dissolve the unwanted and extraneous sounds in the back while you are moving in a noisy and crowded place.
- They also provide a tinnitus therapy facility that prevents a person from annoying buzzing, hissing or ringing sounds.
Important Points for First-Time Users
- Hearing Aids don’t restore normal hearing. They only help in improving the quality of hearing by amplifying the soft sound.
- You will take time to get accustomed to the new hearing aid.
- Try using the device in different types of environment. If facing a problem, consult an audiologist.
- You should go for proper servicing of the aid at regular intervals.
Hearing aids are a perfect answer to those who cannot listen and hear properly due to various reasons. But if you want to get the best result, you should wear them regularly and pay attention to their maintenance.
The healthcare ecosystem has undergone some profound change in the past decade, all thanks to the rapid advent and influx of modern technology. We have gone from being a traditional in-person system to being around the clock ecosystem that can monitor and engage patients whenever the need arises, even if they are not present in a healthcare facility
As you age, it is only natural that your health and wellbeing may become more fragile. However, there are steps that you can take as you age to ensure that your health, both physical and mental, stays in the best condition it can as you grow older.
A good night’s sleep is vital for a person’s well-being. Although underrated, enough duration of sleep is required for the body to function properly. Improper sleep can cause dysfunction of the body’s regulatory functions as well as poor performance of the brain
Everyone wants to live their best life, don’t they? Well, in order to achieve the best, there are a few ways that you should consider investing in yourself and your life. It is also important to remember that you can invest in yourself in a number of ways that aren’t monetary, such as time, effort, and commitment.
Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that the world has experienced a massive surge in the quantity of data it generates. Now, this shift has had different ramifications for different industries. But if there is one thing in common to all of them through this period of change, it has been their need for tools that can help companies make sense of this data instead of letting it all go to waste.
Preparing nutritious and filling meals is a time-consuming task. The reality is, not everyone has the patience to shop – let alone cook meals every day of the week.
With the summer fast approaching, this means that you're going to be spending a lot more time outdoors. For the most part, this is a good thing. Nothing is more relaxing than lounging outside on a summer day. However, the drawbacks of extended time outdoors in the sun are well documented.