How to Choose the Right Hearing Aid
Pardon me, what did you say? Do you have to utter this line time and again? If yes, it’s time to seriously think about the gravity of the situation. You probably need to consult a hearing professional who can guide you better find the right pair of hearing devices according to your needs.
The choice of a hearing aid may depend on a number of factors. Of course, the audiologist will first diagnose the extent of hearing loss. While diagnosing the problem, he may consider a few specific sounds that the patient has trouble hearing. He might ask you a few questions such as how do you spend a normal day and monitor your response in noisy environments such as crowded places, restaurants, busy market, etc.
Types of Hearing Aids
The hearing aids are categorized based on their types and styles. But the two most common ones are-
In the Ear (ITE)- As the name suggests, it is worn in the ear and is usually custom-fit. The audiologist chooses them for his patients at the time of consultation. They are available according to variable skin tones to match the outer ear.
Behind the Ear (BTE)- These aids are comfortably placed either behind the ear or on the top of the outer ear. It tubs the sound down to the ear canal through a custom-fit earmold or ear tip that protects the ear canal from being obstructed. They vary in size, color, and style to match the personality of the individual
Besides that, there are some other types such as-
- Completely in the Canal (CIC),
- In the Canal (ITC),
- Receiver at Canal (RIC)
- Invisible Hearing Aids (IIC)
- Open Fit
Important Features of Hearing Aid
- The directional microphone helps the individual in communicating with others in noisy surroundings.
- The noise reduction mode improves the quality of sound in loud surroundings.
- The telecoil switch helps in switching from the normal mode to a specialized setting when you are speaking on a telephone, avoiding the high-pitched feedback.
- Some hearing devices have rechargeable battery facilities. Maintenance becomes easier as you don’t need to charge the battery on a regular note.
You should always choose a hearing device on the recommendation of doctors of audiology. They can make adjustments and customization in accordance with your needs. Thus, it will offer a higher level of comfort and an improved hearing experience.
Cost of Hearing Aids
The cost of hearing devices varies depending upon the type, the technology used, and its features. In addition, you will have to pay to test the aid and get them fitted properly in or on the ear. You can negotiate the price with the hearing professional, striking the best deal in the process.
Some Interesting Facts About Advanced Hearing Aids
- You can program the hearing aids. They can be set based on different listening environments. You can recalibrate it automatically.
- The aid has been infused with a wireless facility so that it can connect with Bluetooth technology. It enables the person to receive auditory signals.
- They can dissolve the unwanted and extraneous sounds in the back while you are moving in a noisy and crowded place.
- They also provide a tinnitus therapy facility that prevents a person from annoying buzzing, hissing or ringing sounds.
Important Points for First-Time Users
- Hearing Aids don’t restore normal hearing. They only help in improving the quality of hearing by amplifying the soft sound.
- You will take time to get accustomed to the new hearing aid.
- Try using the device in different types of environment. If facing a problem, consult an audiologist.
- You should go for proper servicing of the aid at regular intervals.
Hearing aids are a perfect answer to those who cannot listen and hear properly due to various reasons. But if you want to get the best result, you should wear them regularly and pay attention to their maintenance.
Futuristic technology has disrupted the field of medical science. We are aware of how the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) has brought a sea change in the healthcare sector. And now the hearing aids are getting powered by artificial intelligence technology
Not being able to hear your favorite things and just regular sounds like the doorbell ringing can impact you negatively and leave you struggling on a daily basis! There are many who silently live with this daily struggle, but you don’t need to be one of them with so many hearing aids in the world now offering a level of convenience that you could have only dreamed about a decade ago!
Autism is always important to us. As pediatric osteopaths, working with patients with autism spectrum disorders over the years has become one of the most interesting learning processes for us. Especially because of the different forms in which these disorders can show up.
Frozen shoulder is also known as adhesive capsulitis. This disorder is a very common disorder in general orthopedic practice, it can happen due to hormonal imbalance, diabetes, injury and chronic health condition like arthritis when the shoulder becomes loosen.
The temperature of our surroundings can have a profound effect on our health and our quality of sleep. Some studies have shown our sleep to be calmer in colder temperatures, while others have suggested it can even be beneficial for preventing disease, and also delaying the aging process by affecting the body’s metabolism.
Hearing aid care is relatively easy and not a complicated process for most hearing aids worldwide. However, it is important that you consistently spend time caring for your hearing aid by following a few simple steps to ensure you enjoy the same level of hearing quality even after a few years of use!
Do you wake up every morning and as soon as you put your foot down, you feel a stabbing pain below the heel? You are not alone my friend; many adults are going through the same agony. You suffer from Plantar fasciitis commonly known as heel pain.
Times have changed: an optimal filling rate, additional service offerings and care provided only within the hospital are no longer sufficient to guarantee the financial health of health facilities. Today, market evolution and payment reform require you to completely redefine your care management.