How to Choose the Right Hearing Aid
Pardon me, what did you say? Do you have to utter this line time and again? If yes, it’s time to seriously think about the gravity of the situation. You probably need to consult a hearing professional who can guide you better find the right pair of hearing devices according to your needs.
The choice of a hearing aid may depend on a number of factors. Of course, the audiologist will first diagnose the extent of hearing loss. While diagnosing the problem, he may consider a few specific sounds that the patient has trouble hearing. He might ask you a few questions such as how do you spend a normal day and monitor your response in noisy environments such as crowded places, restaurants, busy market, etc.
Types of Hearing Aids
The hearing aids are categorized based on their types and styles. But the two most common ones are-
In the Ear (ITE)- As the name suggests, it is worn in the ear and is usually custom-fit. The audiologist chooses them for his patients at the time of consultation. They are available according to variable skin tones to match the outer ear.
Behind the Ear (BTE)- These aids are comfortably placed either behind the ear or on the top of the outer ear. It tubs the sound down to the ear canal through a custom-fit earmold or ear tip that protects the ear canal from being obstructed. They vary in size, color, and style to match the personality of the individual
Besides that, there are some other types such as-
- Completely in the Canal (CIC),
- In the Canal (ITC),
- Receiver at Canal (RIC)
- Invisible Hearing Aids (IIC)
- Open Fit
Important Features of Hearing Aid
- The directional microphone helps the individual in communicating with others in noisy surroundings.
- The noise reduction mode improves the quality of sound in loud surroundings.
- The telecoil switch helps in switching from the normal mode to a specialized setting when you are speaking on a telephone, avoiding the high-pitched feedback.
- Some hearing devices have rechargeable battery facilities. Maintenance becomes easier as you don’t need to charge the battery on a regular note.
You should always choose a hearing device on the recommendation of doctors of audiology. They can make adjustments and customization in accordance with your needs. Thus, it will offer a higher level of comfort and an improved hearing experience.
Cost of Hearing Aids
The cost of hearing devices varies depending upon the type, the technology used, and its features. In addition, you will have to pay to test the aid and get them fitted properly in or on the ear. You can negotiate the price with the hearing professional, striking the best deal in the process.
Some Interesting Facts About Advanced Hearing Aids
- You can program the hearing aids. They can be set based on different listening environments. You can recalibrate it automatically.
- The aid has been infused with a wireless facility so that it can connect with Bluetooth technology. It enables the person to receive auditory signals.
- They can dissolve the unwanted and extraneous sounds in the back while you are moving in a noisy and crowded place.
- They also provide a tinnitus therapy facility that prevents a person from annoying buzzing, hissing or ringing sounds.
Important Points for First-Time Users
- Hearing Aids don’t restore normal hearing. They only help in improving the quality of hearing by amplifying the soft sound.
- You will take time to get accustomed to the new hearing aid.
- Try using the device in different types of environment. If facing a problem, consult an audiologist.
- You should go for proper servicing of the aid at regular intervals.
Hearing aids are a perfect answer to those who cannot listen and hear properly due to various reasons. But if you want to get the best result, you should wear them regularly and pay attention to their maintenance.
Celebrities and social media influencers have promoted the advantages of drinking lemon water for years. Some naturopaths even follow it. They do not start their day without a drinking glass of warm water with lemon juice.
Reaching out for help may sound like the simplest thing in the world, but, when you are struggling with your mental health, reaching out might seem impossible. Luckily, there are options available to help make reaching out feel less daunting for everyone, no matter the struggles they face.
When parents get to know that their child needs a liver transplant, it may leave them feeling scared, angry, or confused. The reason behind it is simple. They do not have in-depth knowledge of why their child needs a new liver or where the new organ will come from. They keep thinking about all these months ahead, and the result will be obvious.
Technology has transformed our lives in more ways than one in recent times. It has changed the way we book tickets, order food, do shopping, etc. The healthcare sector is not bereft of its share of impacts due to technological disruptions.
As the kidneys are located toward the back and underneath the ribcage, it might be hard to tell whether the pain that you're experiencing is coming from the back. Or whether it’s coming from the kidneys. There are symptoms that can help you to find out whether this pain is back pain, or whether the pain is kidney pain
Nosebleeds and headaches are not a very rare occurrence in young kids. However, if it is a persistent and recurring problem, then you might need to see a doctor. Read on to know more;
Snoring is a harmless problem. But if you are suffering from heavy snoring, it could be a greater sign of medical concern and shouldn’t be ignored
With summer finally coming to a close, so does our time of wearing sandals and open-toe shoes. As we transition into boot season, it’s easy to forget to stay on top of your foot hygiene and care. After all, why bother worrying about your feet when they’re being covered up by socks and boots?