Best Music Rappers in 2017
To begin with, we have to define what makes a good rapper in today's' rap game. Many critics have debated about whether lyrics carry an important part in determining whether you are a good rapper or not. For instance , in the case of tupac shakur, it has been a widely shared notion that the "east coast vs west coast" beef is what had propelled him to become the star that he is being remembered for today and that his lyrics played a major role in that. But the same question keeps on popping up in rap critics' minds all over the world; should we priotise lyrics as a basis to determine whether or not someone is a good music rapper? What if an artist raps about something the general public dont like, say for instance Zambian Gospel Music? Shouldn't we be concetrating more on actual skill rather than the subjectivity of lyrics? And lastly, shouldn't the real question here be whether we should be looking at who is "considered" or who we "determine " using rap skill to be the best music rapper? In this case since our subject involves the best music rapper in 2017, I considered the latter to carry more importance and hence formed the basis of this ranking.
Factors I considered In my ranking:
(1) The flow and fluency of the flow: No doubt, this is the most important element and considered by many to be the primary attribute every rapper should work to perfect.
(2) The speed/velocity at which you can rap at.
These two in combination are really what matters. As in point two (2), a rapper can be quite fast and have the same flow but the fluency has also to be taken into consideration. Hence, it is really a matter of skill rather than lyrics in the end.
(1) lil Wayne: His flow is magnificent and the power in his voice matches up to the lyrics he raps about. He's also able to maintain the same level of fluency in the flow and hence tops this list.
(2) Eminem: Good flow, fluency and speed as well, with the only difference being the fact that Lil Wayne is able to switch between 2 or 3 voices in the same flow while Eminem uses the same voice, though sometimes at different pitches.
(3) Drake: It would be ridiculous to call Drake a real rapper though he 's also a big player in the rap game. Drake usually sustains hIs voice when rapping. A phrase I call "rapping in soul", just like most zambian musician rappers do here in Zambia. His flow and fluency are excellent but because of the fact that he mixes up rap with soul (which btw connects well with most Americans listeners), he makes it to number three (3) on the list.
(4) Big Sean: Euphoric flow, good style of rap, more similar to Wiz Khalifa but on an enhanced level. Though a little slower than the top (3) "rap gods", his flow accelerates and decelerates in such a consistent manner that you feel as though you already in heaven.
(5) Kendrick Lamar: Flow is great with a little Jamaican flavour to it like in the "f**king problems" song featuring 2 Chains & Asap. It was difficult to seperate kendrich Lamar and Big Sean. But in my opinion, Big Sean is a little better because of his ability to change pace within the flow. Hence, Kendrick Lamar makes it number 5 on this list.
Chance the rapper: Artistically similar to Big Sean. I enjoy his chilled rap style and good moving flow. If he can polish up his already good voice, he has the potential to become the next Big Sean.
What's Your Opinion?
Android phones come with already preinstalled apps for your device, for example, Google which offers you an application of their own version Google play store. This makes it suitable for finding free music download apps for your android easier now, compared to old days.
What is rock? What is pop? If all are music how they are different? This is a question that most people ask. And the answer to this lies below.
The media industry is evolving, and the current trends show that the audiences now prefer video content to audio. Music videos can enhance the reach and effect of your band on the audience. The demand for music videos has made the role of filmmakers crucial to making successful music hits.
Why neither the brain games nor crosswords can cope with playing a musical instrument? A good guitar player can strum anything with strings; a deluxe guitar will hardly bring the results on its own. It is time to acknowledge that what we assume to be our deficiencies are largely nothing but our air constructions.