Best Home Remedies for Wisdom Tooth Pain
Wisdom tooth as the name suggests apparently imparts person wisdom. As a matter of fact, wisdom tooth emerges in the oral cavity at the age of 17-25, the age when most people start developing wisdom i.e. they start getting mature. However, wisdom teeth are not like the other teeth which emerged without pain or hustle. Not all but many of us must have experienced the pain of wisdom tooth.
While most of the people in the family or friends or for that matter our dentist will suggest that we should get rid of this tooth completely. Speaking rationally it is not always possible. Shivers run down the spine when tooth extraction name is suggested.
To relieve your anxiety, we have curated a list of home remedies by which you can get rid of the pain but not the wisdom tooth.
1. Warm saline rinses: in a glass full of warm water, a teaspoon of salt is added to make a mixture. Now, this warm saline water is used as a rinse. Swish in the mouth for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat this for many times in a day to see quick results. This method is the most effective method. The warm water dissolves all the pus and dirt in the water, while salt acts as an antiseptic for the tissues.
2. Application of ice: ice is known to relieve swelling and inflammation. When applied to the cheek portion of the face, ice pack numbs the tissues thereby relieving any pain and swelling.
3. Oil pulling: in this age-old method, olive or coconut oil is taken and swished in the mouth for about 4-5 minutes. This procedure can be done for 3-4 times in a day. This method also gets one relief from the pain and halitosis developed due to pus formation.
4. Clove oil: clove oil is considered to be an obtunding agent. Clove oil has the capability of reducing pain temporarily. In a cotton swab, pour the clove oil, now place this swab on the wisdom tooth which is paining. The anesthetic properties of clove oil immediately come into play and relieve pain. Many people find the clove oil to be too strong for their mouth to handle, in that case, mix it with one portion of olive oil to dilute it a bit.
5. Baking soda: baking soda paste has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. If applied to the paining wisdom tooth and brushed gently with a toothbrush, it can work wonders. Only within a few minutes of application, the pain starts getting less.
6. Tea bags: tea contains tannin which is a good source of anti-oxidants. It also is a great anti-inflammatory. Place the ice cold tea bags on the inflamed gums. The swelling will immediately start to lessen.
7. Onions: Onions have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. The best way to use onion is to take a piece of it and chew it from the side of the mouth where pain persists. After some time you will notice that pain has subsided to a great level.
8. Anti-inflammatory drugs: when no home remedy works, the only option is to take ibuprofen for relief from pain.
9. Cucumber: If you do not have any potatoes in your house, you can replace using cucumber, which also brings the same benefits. Follow this method, just cut a cold cucumber into small thin slices and then place one of them on the tooth. The level of pain will be quickly relieved by the coldness and the cucumber juice also makes you feel comfortable.
These tips are well-researched and tested. However, one should try it first in a small amount as even home remedies may sometime prove harmful and lethal.
Many times, when we eat an apple, brush our teeth, or do any job at the dentist, we discover small blood spots. This usually has the main cause, poor oral hygiene. When finding this problem continuously, we must go to our specialist to offer us a diagnosis and a possible solution.
Among the top orthodontic treatments, Invisalign is a special kind of orthodontic healing that assists to straighten teeth without using metal braces. Today, many people can have the awkward issue of crowded and crooked teeth. For this reason, people consider the braces as a reliable solution.
Medical missions are trips in which medically trained professionals travel abroad for a specified duration with a particular curative intent. These trips may span from 1 week to a year, depending on the organization.
Despite improved dental care, millions of people suffer from tooth loss - mainly due to tooth decay, periodontitis or injuries to the gums. For many years, the only treatment options for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. Dental implants are available today.
Good oral health means good overall health too. Keeping your teeth and gums away from bacteria and other nuisance should be a priority for everyone. Remember, poor oral health is often a sign of severe chronic diseases, and it also has a major effect on confidence
When you are in a new city, there are many things you may need. Among these, finding the right dentist is also an important task. However, if we experience dental problems, we should not wait for a long time. So, it's always a good idea to think about it first because having a trusted dentist is essential
Those days when all dental procedures were performed by eye and touch are gone. Although the result of treatment depends on the intuition and the “good hand” of the doctor, the large-scale implementation of innovative technologies in practice has raised the quality of dental care to a fundamentally different level.
Gum disease or periodontal disease is a prevalent problem worldwide. It is an issue that will affect many people at some point during their lifetime, and without prompt treatment, it can result in tooth loss. But, is it possible for some people to be more at risk of gum disease than others?