Best Home Remedies for Wisdom Tooth Pain
Wisdom tooth as the name suggests apparently imparts person wisdom. As a matter of fact, wisdom tooth emerges in the oral cavity at the age of 17-25, the age when most people start developing wisdom i.e. they start getting mature. However, wisdom teeth are not like the other teeth which emerged without pain or hustle. Not all but many of us must have experienced the pain of wisdom tooth.
While most of the people in the family or friends or for that matter our dentist will suggest that we should get rid of this tooth completely. Speaking rationally it is not always possible. Shivers run down the spine when tooth extraction name is suggested.
To relieve your anxiety, we have curated a list of home remedies by which you can get rid of the pain but not the wisdom tooth.
1. Warm saline rinses: in a glass full of warm water, a teaspoon of salt is added to make a mixture. Now, this warm saline water is used as a rinse. Swish in the mouth for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat this for many times in a day to see quick results. This method is the most effective method. The warm water dissolves all the pus and dirt in the water, while salt acts as an antiseptic for the tissues.
2. Application of ice: ice is known to relieve swelling and inflammation. When applied to the cheek portion of the face, ice pack numbs the tissues thereby relieving any pain and swelling.
3. Oil pulling: in this age-old method, olive or coconut oil is taken and swished in the mouth for about 4-5 minutes. This procedure can be done for 3-4 times in a day. This method also gets one relief from the pain and halitosis developed due to pus formation.
4. Clove oil: clove oil is considered to be an obtunding agent. Clove oil has the capability of reducing pain temporarily. In a cotton swab, pour the clove oil, now place this swab on the wisdom tooth which is paining. The anesthetic properties of clove oil immediately come into play and relieve pain. Many people find the clove oil to be too strong for their mouth to handle, in that case, mix it with one portion of olive oil to dilute it a bit.
5. Baking soda: baking soda paste has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. If applied to the paining wisdom tooth and brushed gently with a toothbrush, it can work wonders. Only within a few minutes of application, the pain starts getting less.
6. Tea bags: tea contains tannin which is a good source of anti-oxidants. It also is a great anti-inflammatory. Place the ice cold tea bags on the inflamed gums. The swelling will immediately start to lessen.
7. Onions: Onions have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. The best way to use onion is to take a piece of it and chew it from the side of the mouth where pain persists. After some time you will notice that pain has subsided to a great level.
8. Anti-inflammatory drugs: when no home remedy works, the only option is to take ibuprofen for relief from pain.
9. Cucumber: If you do not have any potatoes in your house, you can replace using cucumber, which also brings the same benefits. Follow this method, just cut a cold cucumber into small thin slices and then place one of them on the tooth. The level of pain will be quickly relieved by the coldness and the cucumber juice also makes you feel comfortable.
These tips are well-researched and tested. However, one should try it first in a small amount as even home remedies may sometime prove harmful and lethal.
Not every product covered with mold is considered edible. Cheese with mold refers not only to edible but to useful products. Gourmets appreciated the unique, incomparable taste of Roquefort, Dor Blue, Bavarian blue cheese and Cambozola. The benefits of moldy cheese manifest with moderate use.
Everybody wants a beautiful smile, but if you are facing an issue of chipped, discolored, misaligned, crooked or any other such issue, then you may face the embarrassing situation while smiling. But, nowadays, you have the option to change the things, and that is possible through cosmetic dentistry.
Everyone wants a healthy and happy life, and he/she uses a number of ways to achieve it. He/She visits gyms, dietitians, medical practitioners and a lot of other places for the good health, which the major source of a happy life.
There is little doubt that dental implants are an excellent and increasingly popular way to replace missing teeth. If you have lost some or all your teeth, your dentist may have suggested this option. However, dental implants are not right for everyone.
The development in dentistry has given us a number of new solutions for faulty or missing teeth. Around a few centuries, it was not easy to deal with the missing teeth and no one even bothered so much back then. According to some historical reports, the teeth of the corpses were used to replace the missing teeth in the past, and dentures were made of the teeth of the deal soldiers during the Battle of Waterloo.
Teeth and gums are important parts of your body, which cannot be overlooked. These are not only necessary for a healthy smile, but you cannot get all the tastes if your teeth and gums are unhealthy. Moreover, if you are feeling pain in your mouth due to the bad health of teeth or gums, they may adversely impact your daily life.