17 Tips for Improving the Resale Value of your Home
Anyone selling their property wants to get the maximum amount for the sale. Sometimes a few small improvements can dramatically increase the sale price and help to sell the property more quickly. Conversely, anything that is not maintained can bring the price down, make your property less appealing and take longer to sell.
Most people don’t want to go to the trouble of making repairs on a newly purchased home. They want it ready to move right in. Here are some tips to improve the resale value of your property.
Creating a great curb appeal will help to create a great first impression for your property. As we all know first impressions make people interested to see more.
1. Start by weeding your garden and cutting back any overgrown and removing any dead trees completely. Cut the lawns and put tan bark in the garden beds.
2. Paint boundary fences charcoal to make your plants and flowers really stand out.
3. Use a high-pressure water hose to wash down concrete paths and the driveway. Paint that can be applied to concrete paths is also an economical way to improve the appearance of your property.
4. Paint your front door and make sure the door handles are working properly and the door itself opens and closes smoothly.
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is a big focus for many home buyers, particularly people who like cooking and entertaining. If you have the money to spend and your kitchen needs updating, this is the room which you should place the most emphasis on.
5. Painting or replacing cupboard doors in an older kitchen is a great way to give your kitchen a new look without doing a full renovation.
6. If your budget allows it, replace any kitchen appliances that might be looking old. New kitchen appliances can greatly increase the value of a property. Appliances with a stainless steel finish give the house a modern look.
7. Clean your windows inside and out, including the fly screens. If windows a hard to reach, you could consider hiring a professional cleaning company that has all of the necessary equipment.
In the Living Room
8. You should only use light, neutral colors for painting your walls. Avoid wallpaper and feature type walls that may not appeal to everyone.
9. Bulky furniture and any other excess clutter should be removed from the property. Storage lockers are great for this and it is a great way start preparing for your move.
10. Carpeted areas should be steam cleaned. If the carpets are in good condition they can look almost new again. Floorboards can be cleaned and polished. If they are in bad condition, you should consider sanding them and applying a new lacquer.
11. A fireplace in homes in a cooler climate or a water feature in homes in warmer climates can create an interesting focal point in a house.
12. Remove things of a personal nature, such as family photos, children's drawings etc.
13. You can create an extra bedroom by converting a sunroom or utility room into an extra bedroom, depending on the market you are trying to attract. A 4 bedroom house will often sell for more than a 3 bedroom house. Similarly, if you are marketing your property towards couples with no kids, you could convert a smaller bedroom into an office. Your real estate agent will be able to provide advice on who best to market your property towards.
14. Make sure your closets are clean and tidy and not jam packed with stuff. Potential buyers will definitely open closets to see how much storage space you have.
15. Consider replacing blinds or curtains with new ones. They can be relatively inexpensive, but create a big impact with potential buyers.
16. Be aware of any funny smells in your bathroom, particularly the drainage pipes. Try flushing them out with a cleaning solution. Your bathroom should be spotless and free of any mould.
17. Pack away your toothbrushes and other personal items where they aren’t out on display.
Increasing your home’s value is easier than you think. But here’s the thing ‒ home improvement isn’t cheap. The expenses vary widely. But there are easy ways to boost your home’s value no matter what your budget is. By following these tips, you’ll improve your home’s worth before you know it.
While finding a house the key is to do the homework first, and then plan and organize the shopping process to make sure your trip is rewarding, concise, and most importantly, enjoyable. Builders and consumers who have bought and built a new home agree that it is fun, exciting and rewarding.
Love is one of those human emotions that are as vital as air and water. It has been behind the biggest feats – and biggest atrocities – of humankind. Love is everywhere and in everything humans are involved in, so, what are the similarities, intersections, and relationships between Love and Real Estate?
The real estate market is one of the rapidly growing industries in the world. Whether the economy is improving or suffering, you will notice that the real estate investments will always be profitable. There are many individuals that are planning to invest in the real estate market because of the profit that they will be able to generate in limited time.
So, you’ve decided to sell your home. Like any home seller, you want to get top dollar. You’ve seen those TV shows where property owners spend thousands on home staging. What do you do if you don't have thousands of dollars in your budget? You'd be surprised by our options. There are several steps you can take to make your home more attractive to potential home buyers without spending a lot of money.
Prior to buying a home, you should make sure to have a pre-purchase inspection done. Although the inspection will cost money, it may help you find out about problems with the home before it is purchased. This may make it easier to walk away from the sale or negotiate with the seller
House hunting is usually not something to look forward to or to enjoy. Moreover, finding a cheap home on the current housing market certainly isn’t an easy feat. But with these handy tips finding a new home should be fun and easy.
Sellers will ask, will my home sell in the fall or winter? Do homes that sell in fall or winter sell for less? These are good questions. Sellers want the maximum value for their home.Home sell all year around. There are some studies that suggest homes sell for higher prices