17 Tips for Improving the Resale Value of your Home
Anyone selling their property wants to get the maximum amount for the sale. Sometimes a few small improvements can dramatically increase the sale price and help to sell the property more quickly. Conversely, anything that is not maintained can bring the price down, make your property less appealing and take longer to sell.
Most people don’t want to go to the trouble of making repairs on a newly purchased home. They want it ready to move right in. Here are some tips to improve the resale value of your property.
Creating a great curb appeal will help to create a great first impression for your property. As we all know first impressions make people interested to see more.
1. Start by weeding your garden and cutting back any overgrown and removing any dead trees completely. Cut the lawns and put tan bark in the garden beds.
2. Paint boundary fences charcoal to make your plants and flowers really stand out.
3. Use a high-pressure water hose to wash down concrete paths and the driveway. Paint that can be applied to concrete paths is also an economical way to improve the appearance of your property.
4. Paint your front door and make sure the door handles are working properly and the door itself opens and closes smoothly.
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is a big focus for many home buyers, particularly people who like cooking and entertaining. If you have the money to spend and your kitchen needs updating, this is the room which you should place the most emphasis on.
5. Painting or replacing cupboard doors in an older kitchen is a great way to give your kitchen a new look without doing a full renovation.
6. If your budget allows it, replace any kitchen appliances that might be looking old. New kitchen appliances can greatly increase the value of a property. Appliances with a stainless steel finish give the house a modern look.
7. Clean your windows inside and out, including the fly screens. If windows a hard to reach, you could consider hiring a professional cleaning company that has all of the necessary equipment.
In the Living Room
8. You should only use light, neutral colors for painting your walls. Avoid wallpaper and feature type walls that may not appeal to everyone.
9. Bulky furniture and any other excess clutter should be removed from the property. Storage lockers are great for this and it is a great way start preparing for your move.
10. Carpeted areas should be steam cleaned. If the carpets are in good condition they can look almost new again. Floorboards can be cleaned and polished. If they are in bad condition, you should consider sanding them and applying a new lacquer.
11. A fireplace in homes in a cooler climate or a water feature in homes in warmer climates can create an interesting focal point in a house.
12. Remove things of a personal nature, such as family photos, children's drawings etc.
13. You can create an extra bedroom by converting a sunroom or utility room into an extra bedroom, depending on the market you are trying to attract. A 4 bedroom house will often sell for more than a 3 bedroom house. Similarly, if you are marketing your property towards couples with no kids, you could convert a smaller bedroom into an office. Your real estate agent will be able to provide advice on who best to market your property towards.
14. Make sure your closets are clean and tidy and not jam packed with stuff. Potential buyers will definitely open closets to see how much storage space you have.
15. Consider replacing blinds or curtains with new ones. They can be relatively inexpensive, but create a big impact with potential buyers.
16. Be aware of any funny smells in your bathroom, particularly the drainage pipes. Try flushing them out with a cleaning solution. Your bathroom should be spotless and free of any mould.
17. Pack away your toothbrushes and other personal items where they aren’t out on display.
Want to make your home sale a pleasant experience without much fuss? For many home sellers, the home inspection is arguably the scariest part of the sale process. You’ve listed your home with a real estate agent and probably received a nice offer on your home.
Are you planning to sell your home? If you are planning to sell your house, you may just want to start to think like a buyer instead of a seller. Why? It is simple - as a buyer, you are more likely to look at a home or property in a critical way
If you own property in Tenerife then check out the following 10 tips to help you save money and time whenever you are visiting your holiday home on the island.
Many of us know how stressful it can sometimes be when purchasing property, especially when it's all in a foreign language which is why these tips will go a long way in helping you buy your Tenerife property. There can be several hurdles but if down right, it can be plain sailing.
Over the past few years, the housing market has been inundated with the house sale whether apartments, old houses, newly built houses or family mansions. Every individual who is planning to put the house for sale desires to make a handsome amount of profit and especially when you need to close the deal within a few days.
Increasing your home’s value is easier than you think. But here’s the thing ‒ home improvement isn’t cheap. The expenses vary widely. But there are easy ways to boost your home’s value no matter what your budget is. By following these tips, you’ll improve your home’s worth before you know it.
While finding a house the key is to do the homework first, and then plan and organize the shopping process to make sure your trip is rewarding, concise, and most importantly, enjoyable. Builders and consumers who have bought and built a new home agree that it is fun, exciting and rewarding.
Love is one of those human emotions that are as vital as air and water. It has been behind the biggest feats – and biggest atrocities – of humankind. Love is everywhere and in everything humans are involved in, so, what are the similarities, intersections, and relationships between Love and Real Estate?
The real estate market is one of the rapidly growing industries in the world. Whether the economy is improving or suffering, you will notice that the real estate investments will always be profitable. There are many individuals that are planning to invest in the real estate market because of the profit that they will be able to generate in limited time.