What Causes Blocked Drains?
Blocked drains can be a headache for many homeowners. It not only creates a mess but if not mended at the right time, they can escalate the problem to a whole new level. Thus, asking for bigger repair work. So, a stitch in time will save nine. As a part of regular house upkeep and maintenance, you must know what the causes of blocked drains are and how can you overcome them. In this blog post, we will be unveiling some of them.
Causes For Blocked Drains And Solutions
1. Hairs- Really? You might be wondering how these thin strands of hair can be the cause of such a big problem. Well, the answer to this is. Hairs are one of the common reasons for the clogged drains. These strands go and sit at the hole and bind within with other greasy and sticky particles. Thus, creating a problem for a seamless flow of water by blocking the way.
Solution- Make sure you guard the holes with a thin and fine net so that the hair gets trapped. Nowadays, many such tools are available that will help you prevent the hair from flowing down the drain and clogging. Regular cleaning is a way out to solve this problem.
2. Monitor The Waste Which Is Going In The Drain- Kitchen wastes are an essential contributor to the blocked drains. Food particles, leftover food, greasy oil, etc. are when dumped in the sink, these can move down the pipes but collect over a period. Thus, leading to blocked drains
Solution- The probable solution to this problem is regular cleaning of the sink and monitoring the waste which is going through the pipe. Always discard the food particles separately in the dustbin and only then put the utensils in the sink for washing.
3. Mineral Build-Up- Yes, they also contribute to clogged drains. Minerals dissolved in the water can build insoluble mass that blocks the drain.
Solution- You can get rid of this problem by using water softener at your home. If you don’t want to go ahead with this option, you can regularly de-sediment the build-up. There are various cleansers available in the market that you can use for the same. If this doesn’t work, then hiring a professional plumbing company is the best solution. They have the right tools and cleaning agents to perform the job rightfully.
4. Natural Debris- Twigs and leaves from trees pass through the drain and may start collecting over a period. This deposition may result in blockage of drains.
Solution- It is always good to clear up the dry leaves, branches, and twigs. Take time to clear up the gutters. Regular pruning of trees and hedges is a great way to keep the drains clear and free from clogging.
5. Foreign Objects- If you have children in the house, then you must be ready for such surprises. As a part of their fun activity, children may drop toys or other stuff in the toilet which may result in the blocked drains.
Solution- Well, you cannot stop children from playing, but monitoring them is the only way to put an end to this problem. Else, you must always keep the bathrooms locked and keep the children at bay.
Final Thoughts- Blocked drains can become a nuisance. If you want to keep this problem away, you must follow the regular cleaning of drains and pipes. Else, hiring a professional plumbing company will help you in clearing the drains and maintaining it. Clogged drains can further result in the dampness of the walls, blocked pipes, and toilets can become a bigger problem. So, make sure that you stick to the practices mentioned above to keep the drains clean.
A small apartment may become cozy and functional if you approach its arrangement wisely. Today, many people live in small apartments and often don’t know how to make their space comfortable. In this article, we have gathered 10 tips for arranging a one-room apartment.
A ducted heating system has become a very common household addition. These ensure efficient heating throughout the premises. This heating system is a cost-effective and efficient solution. This system is suitable for all climates.
Ants, cockroaches, or silverfish - nobody wants these little crawling guests in the house or apartment. But most of the time they came to stay. Getting rid of them can be tricky at times. Depending on the pest and the extent of the infestation, you can fight the beasts yourself or hire an expert in pest control.
One of the most important aspects of a home’s exterior is the roof. Roofs offer us protective shelter during summers, monsoons, and winters. Therefore, it is essential to maintain the roofs and keep them in pristine condition.
Homes aren’t just stacks of brick and cement. They are places where emotions are embedded in the walls; they are closed spaces where memories dwell. Dreams, hopes, and aspirations are born in homes. People have countless memories associated with their adobe.
Even some 30 or 40 years ago, asbestos was widely used to construct homes and industrial units. It was one of the then-best available items for soundproofing as well as to prevent fire.
When choosing a rug, you want one that expresses who you are to anyone who visits. While this sounds like an easy task, it's often more difficult than most people assume. Deciding what pattern, color, and texture are right for your room can get overwhelmingly fast