What Causes Blocked Drains?
Blocked drains can be a headache for many homeowners. It not only creates a mess but if not mended at the right time, they can escalate the problem to a whole new level. Thus, asking for bigger repair work. So, a stitch in time will save nine. As a part of regular house upkeep and maintenance, you must know what the causes of blocked drains are and how can you overcome them. In this blog post, we will be unveiling some of them.
Causes For Blocked Drains And Solutions
1. Hairs- Really? You might be wondering how these thin strands of hair can be the cause of such a big problem. Well, the answer to this is. Hairs are one of the common reasons for the clogged drains. These strands go and sit at the hole and bind within with other greasy and sticky particles. Thus, creating a problem for a seamless flow of water by blocking the way.
Solution- Make sure you guard the holes with a thin and fine net so that the hair gets trapped. Nowadays, many such tools are available that will help you prevent the hair from flowing down the drain and clogging. Regular cleaning is a way out to solve this problem.
2. Monitor The Waste Which Is Going In The Drain- Kitchen wastes are an essential contributor to the blocked drains. Food particles, leftover food, greasy oil, etc. are when dumped in the sink, these can move down the pipes but collect over a period. Thus, leading to blocked drains
Solution- The probable solution to this problem is regular cleaning of the sink and monitoring the waste which is going through the pipe. Always discard the food particles separately in the dustbin and only then put the utensils in the sink for washing.
3. Mineral Build-Up- Yes, they also contribute to clogged drains. Minerals dissolved in the water can build insoluble mass that blocks the drain.
Solution- You can get rid of this problem by using water softener at your home. If you don’t want to go ahead with this option, you can regularly de-sediment the build-up. There are various cleansers available in the market that you can use for the same. If this doesn’t work, then hiring a professional plumbing company is the best solution. They have the right tools and cleaning agents to perform the job rightfully.
4. Natural Debris- Twigs and leaves from trees pass through the drain and may start collecting over a period. This deposition may result in blockage of drains.
Solution- It is always good to clear up the dry leaves, branches, and twigs. Take time to clear up the gutters. Regular pruning of trees and hedges is a great way to keep the drains clear and free from clogging.
5. Foreign Objects- If you have children in the house, then you must be ready for such surprises. As a part of their fun activity, children may drop toys or other stuff in the toilet which may result in the blocked drains.
Solution- Well, you cannot stop children from playing, but monitoring them is the only way to put an end to this problem. Else, you must always keep the bathrooms locked and keep the children at bay.
Final Thoughts- Blocked drains can become a nuisance. If you want to keep this problem away, you must follow the regular cleaning of drains and pipes. Else, hiring a professional plumbing company will help you in clearing the drains and maintaining it. Clogged drains can further result in the dampness of the walls, blocked pipes, and toilets can become a bigger problem. So, make sure that you stick to the practices mentioned above to keep the drains clean.
Monsoons are one season where more and more people prefer to stay indoors and avoid outdoors. If you want to make your indoor experience completely worth it, then you would need to revamp your house interior design. To that effect, here are some tips you can adopt.
As cats are highly territorial, it isn’t that easy for a cat to move to a new place. Some cats may even show resistance to the move with different corners to eat and sleep that it could become sad and depressed. It is up to us to make the move easy on the cats and here are a few tips to help you with that
Isn’t it such a wonderful feeling to move to a new house with all your plants with you? While it seems a welcoming experience, moving plants isn’t exactly as simple as it sounds. You have to think ahead, make some plans and spend time in prepping your plants from before to transport it in time during the move.
Who does not like having a huge space? While some people can afford a big house, a lot of people can work wonders with their interior design ideas so as to create a bigger space. Here are some interior design ideas that you can use so that you can maximise a smaller space and give it an illusion of looking much bigger
Maintaining your air conditioner (AC) unit can save you a lot of trouble. Keeping your AC unit well-maintained will result in the following benefits:
During your move to a new place, be it to a new home or a new office, you cannot just hand over your valuable stuff to some random removalist about whom you know absolutely nothing. Hiring removalists who are knowledgeable and trustable are essential to keep your things safe during the relocation.
So, at last, you have planned to move to a new destination. Congratulations! But shifting your entire home to a new location isn't an easy job. Interestingly, according to a survey, people in the US consider moving as the third most stressful task. About 40 million Americans relocate every year
Shifting your home one place to another is a big task & you need to prepare a proper plan to execute the process efficiently. It is not easy to remember all the things which need to be done during the house moving process so I have created this house moving guide which will help you.