What are the Pros and Cons of Custom Made Furniture?
Want to order custom made furniture but still wracked by niggling doubts? Custom made furniture can be a viable option if you have specific style requirements and are unable to find the exact designs in readymade furniture, but it also comes with its fair share of disadvantages. Take a look through the list of pros and cons of custom made furniture before you make a decision:
- Furniture in your budget, even luxury – with custom made furniture the greatest advantage that the buyer accrues is that even the most extravagant designs can be recreated on a small scale for the requirements of the client. This ensures that the client can own the most beautiful luxury furniture for their personal spaces too in their pre-determined budget.
- Furniture to fit the layout – unlike readymade furniture where the size is pre-made and the client has to make do with whatever is available, in custom made furniture, the client and the furniture designer can work together to find the designs of furniture which optimally fit the layout of the space in which the furniture is to be installed. Small spaces can get the requisite small-scale furniture while oversized furniture can be installed with élan in ample spaces for cosy and amenable interiors.
- Customized functionality – in custom made furniture, the client can dictate the terms of the functionality of the item to suit their convenience. The required number of drawers and cabinets, the style of the cabinet doors, hidden niches, etc are fitted in accordance with the preferences of the client. Depending on the lifestyle choices of the clients, and where the furniture is to be used (office or residence), the furniture is customized to include every fitting which suits the client’s individual use.
- Every element is chosen according to the preferences of the client – this is what explains custom made furniture best. Each and every element including the shape, style, colour, raw material, upholstery fabric and even the type of stitching to be used is determined by the client. This results in a piece which is made in accordance with the style preferences and desires of the client and also gives the finished look sought by them.
- Exclusivity – because the piece is made according to the vision of the client, each piece in custom made furniture is unique and exclusively designed for the client. Sometimes the differences may be fairly small, but these small details are what separate one piece of bespoke furniture from the rest.
- Time consuming – unlike buying readymade furniture straight from the store, buying custom made furniture can be quite time consuming. This is because the furniture maker will start everything from scratch, including sourcing the raw materials and the creation of the article which in itself takes quite some time before the final product is ready t be delivered to the client.
- Finished product may not be the same as what the client visualised – With custom made furniture, because the design is being crafted for the first time, oftentimes the finished product might not turn out to be exactly what the client had visualised. While sometimes there might be scope for making adjustments, it might not always be the case and you will need to settle for what has been created for you.
- Can end up being quite costly - if the client is not careful and involved in the design process throughout, there are chances that the price of the finished product may go up quite significantly from what was originally planned as the furniture maker may end up using materials which are on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- Given the high costs, not easy to change at whim – custom made furniture involves fairly significant financial investment, which is why it is not always a feasible option to replace it at a whim. More often than not the price involved makes buyers hold on to the furniture article for a longer time than they would like to, which creates a stagnation in the decor of the space where the furniture is installed.
Wall tapestries are the older brother of the bedroom poster and are so simplistically elegant you can do almost anything with them to spruce up your home. After all, tapestry has been a part of art décor culture for near two thousand years.
Electric fireplaces are often seen in commercials and magazines. They can look appealing and they can give any home a certain charm. But those who have never had an electric fireplace may be thinking twice before making the purchase and taking the steps to install it in their homes.
Curtains play a key role, both practically and stylistically. They’re an effective means of controlling light in the home, as well as helping you maintain its privacy. However, they can also help add a little warmth, style, and help you break the monotony in your décor.
The advance in has created a significant trend in the tile sector especially the sizes. Large size ceramic slabs have gotten remarkable new dimensions to cover full rooms. With a small number of pieces, you will create a moving visual and functioning potentials.
The term industrial chic might have gained popularity now but was actually coined several years ago. The unique blend of exposed steel and rustic wood has the potential to achieve an aesthetic balance like never before.
One of the main problems that people now are facing is that they sit too much. We spend most of our day sitting and doing our work and completely forgetting how bad it is for our health. Sitting a lot every day can cause severe diseases like diabetes, heart problems, and others.
Are you planning to host a get together this festive season? Or last minute weekend guests making you sweat? If that is the case, fret not. It might sound a nerve wrecking and daunting task for you to host a large number of people at the last minute.
Getting bored of living in the same space is common but not common are the ways to redo them, especially the suspended ceilings. The blog offers 6 ideas for just that. Which one would you pick?
The interior designers have the vision to give the limited space in our homes, a ‘wow’ factor and have the technical expertise to put their vision into reality, without compromising on the functionality of the house. In spite of all the expertise, the interior designers bring to the table, we should not leave the renovation of our house totally in their hands. Our home is an extension of our personality and our home should reflect that.