What are the Pros and Cons of Custom Made Furniture?
Want to order custom made furniture but still wracked by niggling doubts? Custom made furniture can be a viable option if you have specific style requirements and are unable to find the exact designs in readymade furniture, but it also comes with its fair share of disadvantages. Take a look through the list of pros and cons of custom made furniture before you make a decision:
- Furniture in your budget, even luxury – with custom made furniture the greatest advantage that the buyer accrues is that even the most extravagant designs can be recreated on a small scale for the requirements of the client. This ensures that the client can own the most beautiful luxury furniture for their personal spaces too in their pre-determined budget.
- Furniture to fit the layout – unlike readymade furniture where the size is pre-made and the client has to make do with whatever is available, in custom made furniture, the client and the furniture designer can work together to find the designs of furniture which optimally fit the layout of the space in which the furniture is to be installed. Small spaces can get the requisite small-scale furniture while oversized furniture can be installed with élan in ample spaces for cosy and amenable interiors.
- Customized functionality – in custom made furniture, the client can dictate the terms of the functionality of the item to suit their convenience. The required number of drawers and cabinets, the style of the cabinet doors, hidden niches, etc are fitted in accordance with the preferences of the client. Depending on the lifestyle choices of the clients, and where the furniture is to be used (office or residence), the furniture is customized to include every fitting which suits the client’s individual use.
- Every element is chosen according to the preferences of the client – this is what explains custom made furniture best. Each and every element including the shape, style, colour, raw material, upholstery fabric and even the type of stitching to be used is determined by the client. This results in a piece which is made in accordance with the style preferences and desires of the client and also gives the finished look sought by them.
- Exclusivity – because the piece is made according to the vision of the client, each piece in custom made furniture is unique and exclusively designed for the client. Sometimes the differences may be fairly small, but these small details are what separate one piece of bespoke furniture from the rest.
- Time consuming – unlike buying readymade furniture straight from the store, buying custom made furniture can be quite time consuming. This is because the furniture maker will start everything from scratch, including sourcing the raw materials and the creation of the article which in itself takes quite some time before the final product is ready t be delivered to the client.
- Finished product may not be the same as what the client visualised – With custom made furniture, because the design is being crafted for the first time, oftentimes the finished product might not turn out to be exactly what the client had visualised. While sometimes there might be scope for making adjustments, it might not always be the case and you will need to settle for what has been created for you.
- Can end up being quite costly - if the client is not careful and involved in the design process throughout, there are chances that the price of the finished product may go up quite significantly from what was originally planned as the furniture maker may end up using materials which are on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- Given the high costs, not easy to change at whim – custom made furniture involves fairly significant financial investment, which is why it is not always a feasible option to replace it at a whim. More often than not the price involved makes buyers hold on to the furniture article for a longer time than they would like to, which creates a stagnation in the decor of the space where the furniture is installed.
Improving the manner in which your home or office spaces look is one of the most delightful things that you will have to do for sure. There are obviously plenty of things that you will have to do when you are considering this option.
If you are planning to make a decision between blinds or curtains for your house or office, you will surely have to plan things in advance. This is one of the basic decisions which you will have to make so try as much as you can to research well and make a well-informed decision.
We all understand the importance of having the proper interior design done in our living or working spaces. It reflects our style as well as our preferences so we really have to make sure we make the right decision. There are plenty of things that you will have to keep in mind when you are planning the interior design in your house.
As summer heat settles in and renovation projects kick into full swing, get some inspiration from these 7 amazing 2020 bathroom design trends! When you're looking to tackle a new project and update your home, look no further than your bathroom.
If you are thinking of security for your home from intruders, wild animals, and insects, your number one priority should be to secure your doors and windows. Doors are the most likely targets of any intruder, and hence providing greater security for your doors should be topmost on your list.
The Living Room is the most-loved part of the home. It keeps every member of the family connected and allows them to have fun. Also, it has the welcoming, relaxing, and warming vibes that everyone looks in their home. So it’s not wrong to call it ‘Core’ of a home
Everyone wants to live in a perfect home and they do a lot to do so. But sometimes even if we all have big dreams to work on some elegant home design ideas, we are unable to work on it because of the budget. When we talk about the bedroom, it needs to look the best for sweet dreams.