What Are the Health Benefits of Taking Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia (Garcinia Gummi Gatta) belongs to the citrus family like oranges and lemons. It is also known by other names like Malabar Tamarind, Pot tamarind, Brindal Berry, Gambooge, Red Mango, Kokum Butter oil and Kudam Poli. Garcinia cambogia is an exotic tropical fruit grown in Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and some parts of Africa. The fruit is green, yellow or red in color, and resembles a multi-lobed pumpkin.
The fruit was traditionally used in cooking curries (fish curries mainly as it removes the unpleasant smell). It is used to prepare pickles and enhance the taste of coconut-based curries. In some places, during summers, the ripe rinds are ground in a blender with some sugar, cardamom and consumed.
It is considered to be useful in treating and managing the symptoms of various disorders like diabetes, cancer, gastric ulcers, tumor, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, dysentery, fever, open sores, ear infections, colic problems, and constipation.
The herb is used in Ayurvedic medicines to aid digestion and improves bowel movement as the fruit rind and extracts have a sour and astringent flavor. It is widely used as a weight-loss supplement as it helps in increasing metabolism, fights depression, reduces stress, improves mood, lowers cholesterol, regulates blood sugar level, and boosts exercise endurance. It also improves blood flow, manages hemorrhoids, and inflammation.
What are the Health Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia?
- Weight loss tops the list of health benefits of taking Garcinia cambogia. The active ingredient in the fruit is HCA (hydroxy citric acid) that actively blocks the enzyme (citrate lyase) which is involved in fat storage. These enzymes slow down metabolism leading to body storing calories as fats are blocked by HCA. Thus, HCA prevents calories from being stored as fats in the body, instead, these calories are converted into glycogen which is needed for building muscles.
How to Take
- Taking Garcinia cambogia extract along with a high-fat diet reduces weight gain. It reduces the body’s ability to form adipose (Fatty) tissues during times of overeating.
Improves Stamina and Endurance:
- The same active ingredient HCA found in Garcinia cambogia helps in improving stamina and eliminates fatigue. Thus, the energy levels are boosted and one is motivated to lead a healthier life. The consumption of fruit extract also helps in overcoming weakness associated with weight loss. It is the best supplement to enhance athletic ability as the one who takes it, do not feel exhausted too quickly. There is an increase in concentration too.
Reduces Depression and Suppress Appetite:
- The active ingredient HCA in Garcinia cambogia suppresses the appetite by increasing serotonin levels and reducing cortisol. When the levels of serotonin (neurotransmitter) are low, it leads to depression and anxiety, which drives people to eat more emotionally. With an increase in serotonin levels, the mood improves and drive to eat more due to emotional fluctuations get averted and one feels full all day. It naturally reduces the cravings for unhealthy foods. It brings a sense of well being as the mood is uplifted. One feels happier and energetic.
- By reducing the level of stress hormones in the body, Garcinia cambogia has proved to be very useful in controlling anxiety. Thus, the supplement helps in improving the overall health and functioning of all organ systems and cut down the oxidative stress throughout the body.
Lowers Cholesterol levels and Improves Blood flow:
- Garcinia cambogia is known to be effective in lowering blood serum cholesterol levels and increases the amount of good cholesterol. It is the best supplement to prevent an imbalance of cholesterol. Thus, it prevents blockage to blood vessels, lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and enables the blood to flow better.
- Garcinia also promotes thinning of the blood so that the blood viscosity is optimal for transport and blood clots get averted. It helps in lowering blood pressure too.
- Manages and Stabilizes Blood Sugar Levels: Garcinia cambogia can control blood sugar levels by monitoring the intake of glucose by cells. Garcinia cambogia is an excellent choice to control blood sugar levels while regulating metabolism. It aids in controlling diabetes but must be taken under a doctor’s supervision.
Treats Gastric Ulcers:
- Garcinia cambogia extract helps in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders like gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers due to its ability to decrease the acidity in the body and increase the mucosal defense in the gastric areas. It is considered a good anti-ulcerogenic agent. Garcinia is a natural antacid that relieves gastric ulceration and burning sensation. Garcinia butter is useful in dysentery and diarrhea.
- Garcinia pigments are known to possess UV light absorbing properties thus it acts like skincare. It helps in preventing wrinkles.
- The juice from the rind of Garcinia cambogia is used for treating piles and hemorrhoids.
Reduce Joints pain and inflammation:
- The herbal preparation of the rinds of Garcinia cambogia is used in the treatment of inflammatory ailments like rheumatic pain.
Other Health Benefits of Taking Garcinia cambogia
- It has been seen that Garcinia cambogia has a hepatoprotective ability against external toxins like alcohol. It prevents liver cells from becoming fibrotic and stops cell damage caused by the high blood lipid levels.
- Garcinia cambogia extracts are also used as a cosmetic raw material. It is also used to prevent over perspiration or hyper perspiration.
What are the Side Effects
- Some of the common side effects while taking Garcinia cambogia supplements are headache, nausea, dizziness, skin rash, upset stomach, and dry mouth. It may decrease the blood sugar levels so the diabetic patient must always consult a doctor before starting Garcinia cambogia.
How to Take
- Garcinia cambogia is available in the form of capsules, tablets, powder, and liquid. It is recommended to be consumed an hour or half an hour before a meal (on empty stomach) for the best results. It is advised to opt for supplements with 50 percent HCA.
- The seeds of the fruit have 30 percent fat content and are sometimes used as a substitute for ghee and clarified butter in Indian cuisine.
With the outbreak of infectious Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) having triggered fear and anxiety among people worldwide, it is important to stay calm and follow the Government’s regulations pertaining to the countrywide lockdown to control the spread of the disease.
With the latest outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, people are desperately looking for ways to keep themselves and their loved ones safe. One of the topmost concerns of being safe in this pandemic-like situation is to keep yourself immune from the deadly “Novel Coronavirus.”
Hiking is a fantastic pastime enjoyed by millions of people. It provides you with opportunities to enjoy nature, get some exercise, and spend time with friends. Knowing what snacks to bring along can help ensure you enjoy your adventures without feeling hungry or getting sick.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is always hard work, but it is harder work as we get older. Our bodies change and that can make the challenges of being healthy harder to overcome. Our metabolism slows down, our joints become worn down and our muscles get weaker.
In today's society, people are confronted with countless industrially manufactured foods. Obesity, illnesses, and the desire for a healthy, balanced diet are frequent reasons to question your diet: which foods are compatible? How do I recognize fat and sugar traps?
From the analysis to the nutrition plan, the nutritionist must be able to advise his customers individually. Dietitians are not only confronted with the classic desire to lose weight, but also with food intolerances or mental illnesses that have to be taken into account.
A lot has been said at times about what to eat to have a healthy heart. Many nutrients are currently related to their protection. It is certain that a proper diet ensures longevity, quality of life, health and well-being. Poor diet, on the contrary, can be a cause of many serious diseases such as cardiac, strokes, diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, etc.
At some point, we’ve all heard the term “superfood” before. Superfoods are by no means a new thing, but they have seen a spike in popularity in the past couple of years after being endorsed in medical journals
Olive oil has a 150-year history and can be proud of its traditions. The taste, aroma, and composition of this unique product are constantly being improved. But the high quality of this oil, made from selected olives from the Mediterranean, remains unchanged.