What Are the Health Benefits of Taking Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia (Garcinia Gummi Gatta) belongs to the citrus family like oranges and lemons. It is also known by other names like Malabar Tamarind, Pot tamarind, Brindal Berry, Gambooge, Red Mango, Kokum Butter oil and Kudam Poli. Garcinia cambogia is an exotic tropical fruit grown in Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and some parts of Africa. The fruit is green, yellow or red in color, and resembles a multi-lobed pumpkin.
The fruit was traditionally used in cooking curries (fish curries mainly as it removes the unpleasant smell). It is used to prepare pickles and enhance the taste of coconut-based curries. In some places, during summers, the ripe rinds are ground in a blender with some sugar, cardamom and consumed.
It is considered to be useful in treating and managing the symptoms of various disorders like diabetes, cancer, gastric ulcers, tumor, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, dysentery, fever, open sores, ear infections, colic problems, and constipation.
The herb is used in Ayurvedic medicines to aid digestion and improves bowel movement as the fruit rind and extracts have a sour and astringent flavor. It is widely used as a weight loss supplement as it helps in increasing metabolism, fights depression, reduces stress, improves mood, lowers cholesterol, regulates blood sugar level, and boosts exercise endurance. It also improves blood flow, manages hemorrhoids, and inflammation.
What are the Health Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia?
- Weight loss tops the list of health benefits of taking Garcinia cambogia. The active ingredient in the fruit is HCA (hydroxy citric acid) that actively blocks the enzyme (citrate lyase) which is involved in fat storage. These enzymes slow down the metabolism leading to body storing calories as fats are blocked by HCA. Thus, HCA prevents calories from being stored as fats in the body, instead, these calories are converted into glycogen which is needed for building muscles.
How to Take
- Taking Garcinia cambogia extract along with a high-fat diet reduces weight gain. It reduces the body’s ability to form adipose (Fatty) tissues during times of overeating.
Improves Stamina and Endurance:
- The same active ingredient HCA found in Garcinia cambogia helps in improving stamina and eliminates fatigue. Thus, the energy levels are boosted and one is motivated to lead a healthier life. The consumption of fruit extract also helps in overcoming weakness associated with weight loss. It is the best supplement to enhance athletic ability as the one who takes it, do not feel exhausted too quickly. There is an increase in concentration too.
Reduces Depression and Suppress Appetite:
- The active ingredient HCA in Garcinia cambogia suppresses the appetite by increasing serotonin levels and reducing cortisol. When the levels of serotonin (neurotransmitter) are low, it leads to depression and anxiety, which drives people to eat more emotionally. With an increase in serotonin levels, the mood improves and drive to eat more due to emotional fluctuations get averted and one feels full all day. It naturally reduces the cravings for unhealthy foods. It brings a sense of well being as the mood is uplifted. One feels happier and energetic.
- By reducing the level of stress hormones in the body, Garcinia cambogia has proved to be very useful in controlling anxiety. Thus, the supplement helps in improving the overall health and functioning of all organ systems and cut down the oxidative stress throughout the body.
Lowers Cholesterol levels and Improves Blood flow:
- Garcinia cambogia is known to be effective in lowering blood serum cholesterol level and increases the amount of good cholesterol. It is the best supplement to prevent an imbalance of cholesterol. Thus, it prevents blockage to blood vessels, lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and enables the blood to flow better.
- Garcinia also promotes thinning of the blood so that the blood viscosity is optimal for transport and blood clots get averted. It helps in lowering blood pressure too.
- Manages and Stabilizes Blood Sugar Levels: Garcinia cambogia can control blood sugar levels by monitoring the intake of glucose by cells. Garcinia cambogia is an excellent choice to control blood sugar levels while regulating metabolism. It aids in controlling diabetes but must be taken under a doctor’s supervision.
Treats Gastric Ulcers:
- Garcinia cambogia extract helps in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders like gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers due to its ability to decrease the acidity in the body and increase the mucosal defense in the gastric areas. It is considered a good anti-ulcerogenic agent. Garcinia is a natural antacid that relieves gastric ulceration and burning sensation. Garcinia butter is useful in dysentery and diarrhea.
- Garcinia pigments are known to possess UV light absorbing properties thus it acts like skin care. It helps in preventing wrinkles.
- The juice from the rind of Garcinia cambogia is used for treating piles and hemorrhoids.
Reduce Joints pain and inflammation:
- The herbal preparation of the rinds of Garcinia cambogia is used in the treatment of inflammatory ailments like rheumatic pain.
Other Health Benefits of Taking Garcinia cambogia
- It has been seen that Garcinia cambogia has a hepato-protective ability against external toxins like alcohol. It prevents liver cells from becoming fibrotic and stops cells damage caused by the high blood lipid levels.
- Garcinia cambogia extracts are also used as a cosmetic raw material. It is also used to prevent over perspiration or hyper perspiration.
What are the Side Effects
- Some of the common side effects while taking Garcinia cambogia supplements are a headache, nausea, dizziness, skin rash, upset stomach, and dry mouth. It may decrease the blood sugar levels so the diabetic patient must always consult a doctor before starting Garcinia cambogia.
How to Take
- Garcinia cambogia is available in the form of capsules, tablets, powder, and liquid. It is recommended to be consumed an hour or half an hour before a meal (on empty stomach) for best results. It is advised to opt for supplements with 50 percent HCA.
- The seeds of the fruit have 30 percent fat content and are sometimes used as a substitute for ghee and clarified butter in Indian cuisine.
At some point, we’ve all heard the term “superfood” before. Superfoods are by no means a new thing, but they have seen a spike in popularity in the past couple of years after being endorsed in medical journals
Olive oil has a 150-year history and can be proud of its traditions. The taste, aroma, and composition of this unique product are constantly being improved. But the high quality of this oil, made from selected olives from the Mediterranean, remains unchanged.
Juice slimming, low carb diets and activated carbon as a way to fast and detox on a budget. It seems that humanity will never tire of inventing innovative ways to get in shape. Or not very innovative, but definitely with something new, something that has never happened before.
Manuka Honey is one of the most popular types of honey that is natively produced in Australia and New Zealand. The honey is made when the bees pollinate the manuka bush, which is also known as Leptospermum scoparium. Honey is known for its medicinal value since ancient times
Autoimmune disorders (AI) happen when all the cells, whether good or bad, get perplexed and start attacking the body’s own cells. The antibodies produced by the immune system combats the cells that do no harm to your body. If ignored these enhance the inflammation and create havoc inside the body.
When your bowels get inflamed, Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is born. It is a very common disease. Your daily chores become difficult with it. It can affect your personal and professional career. Your whole bowel system keeps moving improperly.
When there is deposition of fat in the liver, this condition is known as fatty liver. The intercellular spaces and space in between the tissues get filled in the liver leading to heavier and bulky liver which is known as fatty liver. Fat cells saturate good and healthy liver resulting in pain due to an enlarged and bloated liver.
ITP or Immune Thrombocytopenia is a rare bleeding disorder due to a low amount of platelets in the blood. It is also known as Immune or Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic purpura. Thrombocytopenia means a decrease in blood platelets. Purpura means purplish looking areas of the skin and mucous membranes.
Fruits are hardly nutrition villains. They are in fact uber healthy, naturally sweet, and rich in essential nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits are frequently recommended by almost all health professionals including nutritionists and dietitians and make a daily appearance in nearly all types of diets including wildly popular military diet.