Vital Tools for Xamarin Application Development
Xamarin is one among the most trending cross-platform frameworks of the recent times. It allows you to develop Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows applications through Visual Studio and C#. Xamarin also enables the developers to share the code between the Android and iOS app while compiling it into native code. It comes with the advantages of native performance, native UI, and specific device feature access as well.
Let’s have a look at the IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) and tools which efficiently go with Xamarin application development and help developers in delivering successful projects.
Xamarin-Supported IDEs (Integrated Development Environment)
1) Visual Studio – It is a sophisticated and modern IDE by Microsoft facilitating a variety of features for creating mobile and web applications. It assists mobile application development with .NET-based iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and Android apps, ASP.NET Core web applications, .NET Core applications, Mac desktop apps, and cross-platform Unity games.
It features a native, rich editor, debugging platform integration with Android, Mac, iOS, integrated source control and a lot more. It is from May 10th, 2017 that Visual Studio replaced the Xamarin Studio entirely including cloud, all the features, web app development and more through improved for cross-platform development.
2) XCode – This IDE by Apple is the core part of an iOS application development experience. It offers a significantly productive environment for building a variety of apps that run on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch.
Xamarin Development Tools
1) NuGet – NuGet is an essential tool for all the modern application development platforms. Its mechanism helps developers in creating, sharing, and implementing a useful code. The code can also bundle into packages with the compiled code as DLLs (Dynamic-link Library) and other content required for consuming these packages.
NuGet maintains a central repository of over 100,000 unique packages at nuget.org with millions of .NET developers employing these packages every day. It also allows developers to host the packages privately in the cloud, on their private networks, or even on the local file system.
2) Prism – This framework is generally used to build maintainable, loosely-coupled, and testable XAML applications in Windows 10UWP, WPF, and Xamarin Forms. It also allows the implementation of patterns for design collection and help in writing well-structured XAML applications, EventAggregator, commands, including dependency injection and more.
3) MFractor – It comprises XAML IntelliSense, image tooling, various XAML inspections and refactorings for making Xamarin app development more simplified. It also comes with an enhanced XAML editor to supercharge Xamarin.Forms development and help in identifying and fixing code issues quickly.
1) InVision – It is the world’s leading collaboration platform for product design. Invision allows developers to upload their design files for adding gestures, animations, and transitions for transforming the static screens into interactive prototypes. It also enables them to simplify the feedback process through allowing team members, clients, stakeholders comment directly on the designs during the initial product design stage.
It helps designers to work faster and smarter by creating a sketching experience on a whiteboard. They can drag and drop the elements to resize, rearrange and make other changes without starting over again.
3) Adobe XD
It allows designers to go from concept to prototype swiftly through an all-in-one UX/UI solution for seamless designing of websites, mobile apps and more. It comes with various timesaving features such as Repeat Grid and flexible artboards for creating everything from wireframes to interactive prototypes.
In addition to the above IDEs, development and design tools, Xamarin Framework comes with unit and beta testing tools – Nunit, xUnit.net, Instabug and more for seamless Xamarin app development. Hire Xamarin programmers and let your cross-platform app development get going.
I have my own websites, and I am a programmer. I needed an online platform where I can gather the data about what I was developing. So, I came across Comparium to use on Internet Explorer for Mac, where I could test different screens of the websites and the apps I was developing.
Are safety and compliance crucial for your business operation? If yes, then have you considered deploying EHS software in your organization? If not, then these eye-opening facts will make you invest in EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) software.
App onboarding is crucial as it decides the success or failure of the application. It is the first point of contact in a mobile app user’s journey. The onboarding process covers a series of screens.
It is a highly competitive world, and companies are continually striving to do better each day to improve productivity and increase overall efficiency. In any business, managing documents, exchanging data through emails, and scheduling meetings requires continuous collaboration within the team.
Penetration testing has grown into one of the most common engagements for the current security-aware companies. There are numerous reasons for running a pentest, such as better security guards, diminished risk levels or meeting strict compliance requirements
To be able to keep up with this ever-shorter release cycles that come with the adoption of agile software development, many development teams are embracing test automation as a means to continuously make sure that every software release conforms to the desired degree of quality.
Mobile application security testing can help ensure there aren't any loopholes in the software that might lead to information loss. The sets of tests are meant to assault the program to recognize potential threats and vulnerabilities that would allow external systems or persons to get private data stored on the mobile device.
Today’s enterprises are more focussed on faster releases and faster developments but with less focus on the Quality Assurance (QA) part of the SDLC. But, this hard-hitting as when the defects are more, the final software is affected and does not enjoy customer preference.