Vital Tools for Xamarin Application Development
Xamarin is one among the most trending cross-platform frameworks of the recent times. It allows you to develop Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows applications through Visual Studio and C#. Xamarin also enables the developers to share the code between the Android and iOS app while compiling it into native code. It comes with the advantages of native performance, native UI, and specific device feature access as well.
Let’s have a look at the IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) and tools which efficiently go with Xamarin application development and help developers in delivering successful projects.
Xamarin-Supported IDEs (Integrated Development Environment)
1) Visual Studio – It is a sophisticated and modern IDE by Microsoft facilitating a variety of features for creating mobile and web applications. It assists mobile application development with .NET-based iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and Android apps, ASP.NET Core web applications, .NET Core applications, Mac desktop apps, and cross-platform Unity games.
It features a native, rich editor, debugging platform integration with Android, Mac, iOS, integrated source control and a lot more. It is from May 10th, 2017 that Visual Studio replaced the Xamarin Studio entirely including cloud, all the features, web app development and more through improved for cross-platform development.
2) XCode – This IDE by Apple is the core part of an iOS application development experience. It offers a significantly productive environment for building a variety of apps that run on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch.
Xamarin Development Tools
1) NuGet – NuGet is an essential tool for all the modern application development platforms. Its mechanism helps developers in creating, sharing, and implementing a useful code. The code can also bundle into packages with the compiled code as DLLs (Dynamic-link Library) and other content required for consuming these packages.
NuGet maintains a central repository of over 100,000 unique packages at nuget.org with millions of .NET developers employing these packages every day. It also allows developers to host the packages privately in the cloud, on their private networks, or even on the local file system.
2) Prism – This framework is generally used to build maintainable, loosely-coupled, and testable XAML applications in Windows 10UWP, WPF, and Xamarin Forms. It also allows the implementation of patterns for design collection and help in writing well-structured XAML applications, EventAggregator, commands, including dependency injection and more.
3) MFractor – It comprises XAML IntelliSense, image tooling, various XAML inspections and refactorings for making Xamarin app development more simplified. It also comes with an enhanced XAML editor to supercharge Xamarin.Forms development and help in identifying and fixing code issues quickly.
1) InVision – It is the world’s leading collaboration platform for product design. Invision allows developers to upload their design files for adding gestures, animations, and transitions for transforming the static screens into interactive prototypes. It also enables them to simplify the feedback process through allowing team members, clients, stakeholders comment directly on the designs during the initial product design stage.
It helps designers to work faster and smarter by creating a sketching experience on a whiteboard. They can drag and drop the elements to resize, rearrange and make other changes without starting over again.
3) Adobe XD
It allows designers to go from concept to prototype swiftly through an all-in-one UX/UI solution for seamless designing of websites, mobile apps and more. It comes with various timesaving features such as Repeat Grid and flexible artboards for creating everything from wireframes to interactive prototypes.
In addition to the above IDEs, development and design tools, Xamarin Framework comes with unit and beta testing tools – Nunit, xUnit.net, Instabug and more for seamless Xamarin app development. Hire Xamarin programmers and let your cross-platform app development get going.
Issue tracking is one of the most important parts of a software development lifecycle that cannot be skipped or omitted. While organizations emphasize on increasing their software testing efforts to improve quality and ensure faster releases, their dependency on tools increases too.
As the importance of software continues to grow, there are several factors whose influence have grown right along with it. And out of all of them, test automation frameworks have garnered their fair share of attention from the market. Why is that?
Electronic Health Records system offers benefits that have enabled an industry as tricky as healthcare. The software allows for medical professionals and other professionals across the ecosystem to quickly input as well as access information about a patient.
Development, while eventually rewarding, can be a very tedious process. But that’s the thing about technology; it always manages to find a solution, no matter the problem. So, in the context of development, experts came up with frameworks that would help programmers do away with tedious and arduous coding practices.
DevOps and Agile approach in an organization is not merely an implementation of certain tools and techniques, instead, it is cultural change. Many organizations in the software industry have either adopted these methodologies or are making accommodations to incorporate them in their system.
Running a company, no matter how big or small is no easy task. It has so many different parts and components that all need to be managed correctly to ensure seamless operations for the company. Now, different people may have different opinions about how to ensure the smooth functioning of a business.
These days, collaboration has become a business need to support innovative ways of working. Companies are well beyond a realm where employees are destined to their counters. The staff is hardly in the same place at the same time
Almost every single person in the software industry must have heard about code reviews and may be familiar with it. Even then the concept of reviewing codes is misinterpreted. People in this industry generally assume that performing tests must be sufficient to meet the requirements of the verification process, yet it is mostly ignored in the software development life cycle.