UFT Test Automation Frameworks: What You Need to Know
As the importance of software continues to grow, there are several factors whose influence have grown right along with it. And out of all of them, test automation frameworks have garnered their fair share of attention from the market. Why is that? It is because these frameworks serve as an implementation guideline for automation testing. Among other things, it enables the team to reuse code in different scenarios, put together a testing script in a standard format, etc. As a result, it can empower automation testing teams to deal with challenges without much of a fuss.
Also referred to as micro focus unified functional testing, certain parameters must be met when it comes to automation frameworks. Listed below are some of the most crucial requirements for a standard automation framework.
- Parameterization of data
- Code must be compulsorily comprehensible, easily maintained, and reusable for varying sets of data
- Test data must not be mixed with the code
- Results achieved from the test must be recorded in individual log files and in an easy to comprehend format
- Processes for taking care of errors in an appropriate manner should also be a part of the framework
- The framework must ensure continuity even in case of failure of a test case
Now that we have understood what makes a robust automation framework, let us now look at the different types of structures one can use for automation testing.
- Data-driven framework: In this framework, input parameters, instead of being coded in the test case, are channeled via external mediums.
- It allows a single test to be run with several sets of data
- Execution is accelerated, thus helping save time
- Necessitates extensive technical expertise to determine external sources of data and establish connections
- Business process testing framework: With the automated business process testing framework, one gains the ability to organize test cases based on different criteria and scenarios.
- Users can quickly build test case scripts with business process components
- Comes loaded with a plethora of in-built features, including data parameterization, component linking, and more
- You need the HP Quality Centre Tool
- High licensing costs for HP Quality Centre Tool
- Functional decomposition framework: Under the purview of the operational decomposition automation testing framework, software testing professionals must first find the reusable code that needs automation. After that, these testers must then write the reusable code in different functions that can be called based on the software’s testing needs.
- The process of writing test case scripts is quicker since reusable functions have to be built just one time
- In case of any modifications to the app, changes have to be made only in one place
- Because data is hardcoded into the test scripts, one is unable to execute these scripts with different sets of data
- Additional time is needed to find reusable test cases successfully
- At least necessary programming skills are a must to build and maintain reusable functions, etc
- Hybrid framework: As the name suggests, this type of structure is built with a handful of different automation testing frameworks, such as the ones mentioned above. Remember that you will need at least two distinct frameworks to create a hybrid structure, of course.
- It offers the opportunity to make use of the best features and functionalities of several different automation testing frameworks
- If planned and executed strategically, hybrid frameworks can prove to be highly agile and sturdy
- To build and use a hybrid framework, one needs extensive technical expertise.
This much is abundantly clear — automation testing has a vital role to play when it comes to the development of robust software. So, for the process to be able to deliver high-quality results as desired, one must take the time to carefully evaluate and then select the framework best suited to their project’s unique requirements.
DevOps offers a variety of tools and technologies to design, deploy, and test applications in a matter of minutes, with just a few clicks. You can tailor them to client needs and terminate them when not in use. They make processes quick and cost-effective for both the ops team and the development team.
Businesses need to plan and prepare before digitizing operations to survive and thrive in a dynamic business environment. If you want to get things right from the start, it is essential to know the basics of integration technologies.
There is no doubt about the fact that customer relationship management (CRM) software serves a critical purpose across organizations. It is no matter the industry they may be operating in. After all, they are essentially the connecting link between businesses
Why we develop websites or why they continue to be pursued so ardently is a dated question, because it is pretty clear for anyone to see the role they play in the business world. But this question gains completely new importance when one speaks of eCommerce because here, websites are not merely meant to share information about the company.
In my opinion, Robotic Process Automation is a level ahead approach that produces more beneficial support than test automation in different ways. Learn more in this article.
A 2019 Gartner report about the revenue generated by cloud computing found that the global market for it was expected to touch roughly $250 billion in value. By 2022, Gartner predicts, the worldwide public cloud service revenue would reach a massive $331 billion market value by 2022
Issue tracking is one of the most important parts of a software development lifecycle that cannot be skipped or omitted. While organizations emphasize on increasing their software testing efforts to improve quality and ensure faster releases, their dependency on tools increases too.
Electronic Health Records system offers benefits that have enabled an industry as tricky as healthcare. The software allows for medical professionals and other professionals across the ecosystem to quickly input as well as access information about a patient.
Development, while eventually rewarding, can be a very tedious process. But that’s the thing about technology; it always manages to find a solution, no matter the problem. So, in the context of development, experts came up with frameworks that would help programmers do away with tedious and arduous coding practices.