Top 7 Home Remedies for Respiratory Infections
According to Ayurveda
- Ayurveda explains pathology of respiratory infections as immune dysfunction which is due to the formation of Ama (the undigested intermediate product) and due to the vitiation of Kapha dosha.
- Ayurveda has potent drugs possessing immune-modulatory, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic effect which can be used for breaking the pathology of respiratory infection at various levels, and giving prompt symptomatic relief to the patient by eliminating the root cause of the disease.
- The Ayurveda approach for the management of respiratory infections is to potentiate the immune system of the individual in order to reduce the susceptibility towards the allergens and at the same time strengthening the digestive system. Thus, it is supposed that Ayurvedic herbs can prove beneficial and provide effective and long term solution to the respiratory infections and thereby improve the quality of life and work performance. Respiratory allergies can also be managed by simple home remedies. If we look into our kitchens, there are various things available which manage the respiratory infections.
- Turmeric is the best spice to treat respiratory infection. Take half tsp. of turmeric along with water empty stomach in the morning.
- Add 2 pinches of turmeric to 1 spoon of cow's ghee. Just before going out of home, apply a very thin layer of this mixture to the inner side of both nose (nostrils). It looks bit uncomfortable but has good results.
- Put a small teaspoon of turmeric over a hot pan and inhale its fumes. It helps to reduce inflammation of upper respiratory tract.
2.Take six cloves and add six black pepper seeds and 1 teaspoon of turmeric and make powder. Take this mixture with honey two times a day regularly.
3.Take half cut lemon, spread a pinch of turmeric and pinch of salt on its inner surface and heat the lemon for 1 minute and suck it.|
4.Take extract prepared from ajwain, black pepper and poppy seeds twice a day.
5.Chew 2-3 pieces of ginger with little rock salt before taking food as it will correct the digestion and prevents the formation of Ama in the body.
6.Amla (Indian gooseberry)
- .Take 2-3 amla (Indian gooseberry) fruits in a clean vessel. Add sufficient quantity of water so that the fruits can be immersed in it. Start boiling the amla fruits till the fruit pulp softens. Stop heating and remove the seeds and take the amla pulp into mortar and pestle. Grind to make a paste.
- Add 10 gms raisins and 10 grams ginger powder and 2 ml honey to it and mix well to make a homogenous mass. This remedy in the dose of 3-5 grams must be taken twice a day before food. All the ingredients which are used in this remedy are quite effective in balancing Kapha and Vata doshas.
- Raisins and Amla have rejuvenation properties as the patient suffering from chronic respiratory infections needs rejuvenation and ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory herb useful in relieving excess sputum.
7.Take 10 basil leaves, add a pinch of turmeric, boil the leaves along with turmeric in water and take 1 cup of this extract.
- Always keep cloves and black pepper with you. Immediately keep two pieces of it in the mouth when there is an attack.
- Always take warm water bath.
- Regularly take inhalation of steam.
- Regularly go for a morning walk in warm weather.
- Do not sleep immediately after dinner.
Food to be Taken
- Take light food, lukewarm water, Kapha Shamak foods like—little spicy food, rock salt, legumes etc.
Foods to be Avoided
- Avoid heavy food, fermented foods, sour foods, cold foods, junk foods, non-vegetarian food items, sweets, bananas, ice-creams, cakes, milk and other dairy products, too hot food etc.
Autoimmune disorders (AI) happen when all the cells, whether good or bad, get perplexed and start attacking the body’s own cells. The antibodies produced by the immune system combats the cells that do no harm to your body. If ignored these enhance the inflammation and create havoc inside the body.
Garcinia cambogia (Garcinia Gummi Gatta) belongs to the citrus family like oranges and lemons. It is also known by other names like Malabar Tamarind, Pot tamarind, Brindal Berry, Gambooge, Red Mango, Kokum Butter oil and Kudam Poli.
When your bowels get inflamed, Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is born. It is a very common disease. Your daily chores become difficult with it. It can affect your personal and professional career. Your whole bowel system keeps moving improperly.
When there is deposition of fat in the liver, this condition is known as fatty liver. The intercellular spaces and space in between the tissues get filled in the liver leading to heavier and bulky liver which is known as fatty liver. Fat cells saturate good and healthy liver resulting in pain due to an enlarged and bloated liver.
ITP or Immune Thrombocytopenia is a rare bleeding disorder due to a low amount of platelets in the blood. It is also known as Immune or Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic purpura. Thrombocytopenia means a decrease in blood platelets. Purpura means purplish looking areas of the skin and mucous membranes.
Fruits are hardly nutrition villains. They are in fact uber healthy, naturally sweet, and rich in essential nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits are frequently recommended by almost all health professionals including nutritionists and dietitians and make a daily appearance in nearly all types of diets including wildly popular military diet.
The appendix is a finger-shaped organ that projects from the colon of large intestine on the lower right side of the abdomen. There is no specific purpose of the appendix in the human body. Appendicitis means the inflammation of the appendix