Tips to Take Care of Your Contact Lenses
You may suffer a serious eye infection if you do not clean, and disinfect your contact lenses properly.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
Old contact lenses or those that do not fit well in the eye can cause damage, and scrape the eye. They can also cause blood vessels to grow in the cornea, a dangerous problem that puts vision at risk.
Eye drops can cause problems with contact lenses. It is recommended avoiding using any type of eye drop while wearing contact lenses. However, you can use moisturizing drops as recommended by your ophthalmologist.
Call your ophthalmologist immediately if your eyes become very red, watery, have a lot of pain or sensitivity to light. Do the same if you have blurred vision or notice a discharge (suppuration or pus) from the eye. These may be symptoms of serious eye problems. Astigmatism is such kind of common vision problem due to blurred vision. You should use doctor suggested contact lens for Astigmatism.
Take care of your contact lenses properly
You should clean, and disinfect any contact lens that is removed from the eye before putting it back on. There are many types of cleaning systems. Your choice depends on the type of the lens you use, if you have allergies or if your eyes have a tendency to accumulate protein deposits. Ask your ophthalmologist what kind of cleaning solutions you should use.
Clean, and store the lenses very carefully to do it correctly to avoid dangerous eye infections.
This is what you should do as follows:
• Follow the schedule indicated by your eye doctor for the use, and replacement of the lenses. You should not wear daily contact lenses while you sleep.
• Before touching the contact lenses, wash your hands with soap, and water, and dry them with a lint-free towel.
• Never put contact lenses in your mouth to moisten them. Saliva is not a sterilized solution.
• Do not rinse or store the lenses in water (neither running water nor sterile water). Also, do not use a homemade saline solution.
• Do not use saline solution or wetting drops to disinfect the lenses. They are not disinfectants.
• Follow the instructions of your doctor, and the manufacturer of the cleaning solution to clean, and store the lenses.
• Regardless of the type of lens cleaning solution you buy, use a rub, and rinse cleaning method. Rub the contact lenses with clean fingers, and then rinse the lenses with solution before immersing them in the case. Use this method even if the solution you use is the type that does not require rubbing.
• Use new solution every time you clean, and disinfect contact lenses. Never reuse the solution or mix used solution with unused solution. Do not pour contact lens solution in another bottle. If you do, the solution will no longer be sterilized.
• Make sure the mouth of the solution bottle does not touch any surface.
• Rinse the contact lens case with sterilized contact lens solution (do not use running water). Subsequently, leave the case open to dry by yourself.
• Keep the contact lens case clean. Change case at least every 3 months or immediately if it is broken or damaged.
• If you store the lenses in the case for a long time, read the instructions of the contact lenses or the lens solution to see if it is necessary to disinfect them again before using them again. Never wear your contact lenses if they have been stored for 30 days or more, without disinfecting them again.
• Contact lenses may deform over time, and your cornea may also change shape. To ensure that the lenses fit your eyes correctly, and that the prescription is appropriate, visit your doctor regularly.
Are contact lenses the right option for you?
Millions of people decide to wear contact lenses. However, they are not for everyone. You may not be able to wear contact lenses for the following reasons:
• You tend to get eye infections.
• You have severe allergies or dry eyes that are difficult to treat.
• Work or live in a place with a lot of dust.
• You cannot properly take care of contact lenses.
Your cornea and tear film should be in good condition so that you are comfortable, and can see well while wearing contact lenses.
To wear contact lenses safely, you must commit to taking proper care of them, and replacing them when necessary. Talk to your ophthalmologist or other eye care professional about your visual needs, and expectations. They can help you decide if contact lenses are a good option for you.
Browsing for sunglasses online? Remember to always choose a trusted, reputable vendor to ensure you don’t end up purchasing cheap imitation sunglasses which can do more harm, than good to your eyes.
Tire pressure is an important aspect to pay attention to, regardless of your choice of vehicle. Since motorcycles are two-wheeled vehicles and the weight of the vehicle and the rider falls on the two tyres, motorcycle tyre pressure plays a huge role in overall performance.
It is not an exaggeration to say that people love outdoor activities and are getting more and more interested in hiking, rock climbing, biking, and kayaking. In addition to these outdoor activities, sports are also of interest to many, whether it’s golf, cricket, or tennis.
When browsing for sunglasses online in shops, there’s no surprise that most people will often look for a reputable vendor that offers original designer sunglasses because of the beautiful styles, but primarily because designer sunglasses, while more expensive than cheaper counterfeits, are high-quality and can be trusted to keep your eyes well-protected from the harmful rays of the sun.
Bifocal and multifocal contact lenses are designed to provide clear vision at any distance for people who are suffering from a common age-related condition called Presbyopia. This is when the eye’s natural lens loses the ability to focus on close objects and requires you to hold your mobile phone or any type of reading material farther away from your eyes in order to see them clearly.
When placing an order for sunglasses online, you may want to go for the latest trends and best brands. While it is vital that you choose a design that covers an adequate area of your face and uses polarized lenses, it is also important to choose a brand known for its durable and sturdy products.
Living with dark eye circles is not something that we like. But as we age, these appear more prominently under our eyes.