Sneaky Ways to Make a Room Appear Larger
Ever increasing property prices mean that many people are forced to spend their time in smaller and smaller living spaces. And sometimes it doesn't take long before everything starts to feel a little cramped and cluttered. Dealing with a small living space can be quite stressful but this doesn't have to be so. There are lots of ways a room that feels no bigger than a cupboard can suddenly feel like there's enough room to hold a large dinner party or at least invite round some friends. You can create a space that is multi-functional and really doesn't look half bad with the following easy to follow room expanding tricks.
- Choose window dressings that are the same colour as your walls. Using identical colours will make a room appear bigger than it is.
- Using any natural light effectively will also open up your space. Don't forget that to get more light into a room you need to keep the windows clean. That requires either a bit of effort, or booking the services of a window cleaning company.
- Keep clutter to a minimum. This does mean you might need to be a bit ruthless but if you haven't used something for some time take it down to the local charity shop or pass it on to a friend.
- Furniture that doesn't sit directly on the floor will create a sense of space and light.
- Neutral and light colours expand a space visually.
- Choose rugs and other accessories that are plain or have small print. Too much going on will make a room very pokey.
- Try and find furniture that serves more than one purpose. An ottoman for example can be used for storage but also double up as a seating area.
- Add mirrors, as the reflection will create an illusion of space.
- You might be tempted to go for smaller pieces of furniture in order to fit more in but the truth of the matter is that a few large pieces of furniture will actually make a room feel much bigger.
- Make your ceilings look much taller than they are by adding a ceiling to floor or wall to wall bookcase. It's also a great way of creating some extra storage space.
- Certain pieces of furniture aren't used as much as others so why not add some fold up tables or chairs to the room. That way you can store them away when not in use bringing them out only when needed.
- Don't feel the need to fill every available space as a bit of empty space will make a room more airy.
- You can create the appearance of a longer room by installing a built in desk or countertops that expand and take up the entire length of a room.
- Blend some of your furniture into the room by choosing the same colour as the walls. This will serve to widen the space.
- You might think the best place to put your furniture is up against the wall but the opposite is true if you want to make a space look much bigger.
- Streamline the space and accessories by colour coordinating knick knacks and books.
- You can give the appearance of a never-ending floor by using stripes.
- Trying to make the best use of available space takes a certain amount of outside of the box thinking. Why not try filling the space with a bed for example, that takes up the entire room and then building in some custom shelving?
- Overhead lighting is not a good addition in a small room as it draws attention to one spot. Much better is to have several different lighting elements dotted around the room.
When you are designing your home, one of the biggest expense that you have to face is designing the kitchen. In the current market place, having a modular kitchen can cost you a lot. And therefore, you have to look for the budget-friendly ideas to have the best style of the kitchen at your home.
Everyone knows the importance of the kitchen and they dream to have modern and trendy touch to it. So it is very important to create a balance between these two prospects is very important. Always keep it beautiful, comfortable and lively. Living in India, you must have some other needs and ideas of modular kitchens.
Just purchased blinds and shutters, but wondering how to ensure your blind cords are completely safe and not a danger to your children? Blind cords can be a very serious risk to both babies and young children, as well as the elderly as these looped cords or chains can either result in accidental strangulation or serious injuries caused by falls.
Neon signs for the home can be an intriguing concept for those that like to tweak the interior design of their homes often. Neons can be used to express emotions by creating an atmosphere that befits the bedroom, a recreational/entertainment room, or the lounge at home.
When developing a kitchen renovation schedule, many homeowners are required to know the optimal date to begin, so that it can be finished by a particular deadline (an upcoming vacation, a visit from relatives, corporate entertainment event, and so on).
Redesigning a kitchen typically involves upgrading your kitchen devices, benchtops, and cupboards, but to truly understand the foundation and substance of a kitchen, you and your kitchen builder will often be required to reconsider the configuration and flow of the kitchen itself.
Whenever someone designs their home, they always try to make it different and that’s why they tend to make many mistakes. These mistakes can ruin your home design and that’s why it’s very important to avoid them beforehand.
Marbles are coming back and making a style statement for themselves lately. All thanks to the intricate patterns that grace the marble and are perfect for house interior design. It is not only limited to home décor but is also reaching out to graphics and fashion.
The Minimalism is the right word to describe Nordic Vibes. The Bedrooms that follows the same theme are known for their dreamy and practical looks. It is a perfect combination of neutral colours, cool designs, dark shades and peaceful vibes.