Sneaky Ways to Make a Room Appear Larger
Ever increasing property prices mean that many people are forced to spend their time in smaller and smaller living spaces. And sometimes it doesn't take long before everything starts to feel a little cramped and cluttered. Dealing with a small living space can be quite stressful but this doesn't have to be so. There are lots of ways a room that feels no bigger than a cupboard can suddenly feel like there's enough room to hold a large dinner party or at least invite round some friends. You can create a space that is multi-functional and really doesn't look half bad with the following easy to follow room expanding tricks.
- Choose window dressings that are the same colour as your walls. Using identical colours will make a room appear bigger than it is.
- Using any natural light effectively will also open up your space. Don't forget that to get more light into a room you need to keep the windows clean. That requires either a bit of effort, or booking the services of a window cleaning company.
- Keep clutter to a minimum. This does mean you might need to be a bit ruthless but if you haven't used something for some time take it down to the local charity shop or pass it on to a friend.
- Furniture that doesn't sit directly on the floor will create a sense of space and light.
- Neutral and light colours expand a space visually.
- Choose rugs and other accessories that are plain or have small print. Too much going on will make a room very pokey.
- Try and find furniture that serves more than one purpose. An ottoman for example can be used for storage but also double up as a seating area.
- Add mirrors, as the reflection will create an illusion of space.
- You might be tempted to go for smaller pieces of furniture in order to fit more in but the truth of the matter is that a few large pieces of furniture will actually make a room feel much bigger.
- Make your ceilings look much taller than they are by adding a ceiling to floor or wall to wall bookcase. It's also a great way of creating some extra storage space.
- Certain pieces of furniture aren't used as much as others so why not add some fold up tables or chairs to the room. That way you can store them away when not in use bringing them out only when needed.
- Don't feel the need to fill every available space as a bit of empty space will make a room more airy.
- You can create the appearance of a longer room by installing a built in desk or countertops that expand and take up the entire length of a room.
- Blend some of your furniture into the room by choosing the same colour as the walls. This will serve to widen the space.
- You might think the best place to put your furniture is up against the wall but the opposite is true if you want to make a space look much bigger.
- Streamline the space and accessories by colour coordinating knick knacks and books.
- You can give the appearance of a never-ending floor by using stripes.
- Trying to make the best use of available space takes a certain amount of outside of the box thinking. Why not try filling the space with a bed for example, that takes up the entire room and then building in some custom shelving?
- Overhead lighting is not a good addition in a small room as it draws attention to one spot. Much better is to have several different lighting elements dotted around the room.
Choosing the right time to upgrade your home is always in your hands. But if you are doing it with the beginning of a new year, then it will give better results. It will be a chance for you to refresh the heart of your home and make it look special. However, the best way to make your home look trendy is by following the latest trends.
When you’re shopping for blinds and shutters, you’ll find the sheer volume of options available overwhelming which will make it hard for you to make a decision. Keep reading to discover some important things to keep in mind before purchasing blinds and shutters to ensure you’re getting only the best quality window furnishings at an affordable price!
Transforming your home with blinds and shutters is a cost-effective, quick and most importantly convenient process that can be done without any of the hassles of costly renovations! While there are so many different types of window furnishings available in the market, here’s a look at some of the best options that are extremely popular!
Upgrade an existing space or a brand new one quickly and in an affordable manner with premium quality blinds and shutters! A far cheaper alternative to renovating a personal or corporate space, window furnishings such as panel glides or roller blinds are available in a variety of unique designs and fabric styles to ensure you’ll have no trouble finding what you’re looking for!
The bedroom is one of the most comfortable places for you. It is that area on the planet, where you can be just like yourself. We know you would love to decorate your bedroom in the most beautiful way, then why not give the Middle East decor a try? It is fun, colorful and quirky.
When it comes to romantic bedroom decoration, the first thing that strikes our mind is love, red and pink colour. It is all about spreading love in a room and making things perfect. You can even paint the whole room in romantic colours, but the things that will make everything look perfect is home décor.
When choosing window furnishings for your home or office, one of the main criteria to consider when browsing through the extensive selection of blinds and shutters is low maintenance costs in terms of money and effort too! You ideally do not want to waste too much time cleaning your window furnishings and while some designs are easier to clean than others