Pros and Cons of Hair Transplants
Hair being a versatile element in one’s personality can become a reason of un-fulfillment if it is absent. Hair loss is quite a common problem in both men and women due to some factors like stress, genetic problems, medications, hormonal changes or any disease. All these factors may be responsible for either temporary or permanent hair loss. Permanent hair loss leads to low self-esteem and depleting confidence. People go for various home remedies, hair oils and other medications prescribed by medical practitioners, but what proves to be a permanent solution is hair transplants. A much costly but a sure shot treatment for hair loss, hair transplants are not so common among the masses. However, with advancement in our tech world, people have become much aware of the different techniques of growing back their hair.
Hair transplants are basically a surgical procedure wherein a part of the skin fertile with the hair growth is taken and grafted on the bald area. Depending on the size of the transplant you’re getting, the process will take about 4 to 8 hours. This whole procedure is done under partial sedation. Like all the other things in life, hair transplants to come with its own pros and cons. Let’s study what it has to offer.
- Due to partial sedation on the concerned part of the body, a patient is conscious and fully aware of the treatment being done on his hair. Although hair plantation can be done under entire body sedation with general anesthesia, since it is a superficial procedure, many practitioners do not prefer it.
- Hair transplants are a blessing for those who want to give themselves a youthful look.To look beautiful is everyone’s right. Hair transplants make this notion a bit more strong and believable.
- Hair transplants are a one-time procedure which cures baldness completely and for the whole life, the hair growth becomes consistent and continuous.
- The hair density multiplies to a tremendous level leaving no clue of baldness what so ever.
- People who wear wigs can be assured of throwing it away as there will be absolutely no need when you will have your own hair to flaunt.
- While hair transplantation is a procedure which is quite and durable and lasts for a lifetime, but then the whole procedure for completion takes around 3-4 months which is a long waiting period.
- Multiple sittings in the clinic of the hair transplant surgeon for a time period of 2 years is too cumbersome and tiring.
- Also, there are chances that one might fall prey into the wrong hands and the whole treatment gets botched up. Therefore when you are already planning to spend so much money on getting your hair transplanted, make some time to research a renowned hair transplant surgeon.
- The transplanted hair does not come with a guarantee of consistency in growth with its contemporary hair. They may have their own growth patterns which necessarily do not match the already meager hair that the scalp is having.
- The fee structure is quite superlative than any other medical treatment. Hair transplantation demands a heck lot of expenditure. Not everyone can afford it. This treatment is only for those who are well-to-do themselves.
- In many countries, hair transplant surgeries are not insured or reimbursable. One has to bear the whole of the expenditure.
- There are many side effects which run parallel during the treatment. Like bleeding, infection, non-acceptance of a foreign tissue, itching, pain, numbness and sometimes cysts to develop.
Overall, for getting a high-quality hair transplantation procedure, one must have a positive attitude, assurance of the results and faith in your surgeon. With a positive outlook, even the cons turn themselves upside down.
We all have different hair types that have different requirements. Shopping for shampoo is not like buying eggs from the store anymore. There are so many factors to consider, So many options to choose from. This all can get very confusing if you don’t know what your requirements are.
Heating, blow drying, straightening, curling and dying… all of these can damage your hair. Lustrous hair a girl’s best friend and they can enhance your confidence and beauty. However, using excessive heat to style hair or bleaching them can leave them split and broken. Don’t worry. We have DIY hair masks that will bring back the life and shine to your hair.
As far as hair loss is concerned, it is never an overnight phenomenon. Hair loss happens in a gradual manner over time. When it happens slow and steady, it becomes easier for you to deal with it as long as you have the awareness. If you are determined, you can prevent hair loss to a great extent and if you do not take care of it, then it becomes worse with time.