Make Your Rooms Look New: 6 Redecorating Ideas For Suspended Ceiling
Even though most of us stay conscious of your home only around 5 hours a day, our days, moods and perspectives are often influenced by the place we hold so dear. How we keep it and design and redesign it defines how we feel outward day-to-day. It is thus very natural to get bored of one look and a harbor a wish to redo it in a way best matches you present temperament. Now that being settled, you might need to narrow down on the choices as to what specifically is bothering you most (and is in your budget as well to redo!).
Consider redoing your suspended ceiling and you can be really amazed at the ways you can achieve it exceptionally well and sometimes much within your pocket that you could go out to celebrate as well after the job is well done!
Suspended Ceiling redecoration ideas
For the DIYers, the choices could be endless (OK, not endless but many!). And if you have other work on your hand, experts can always step in to assist you with the dirty job (so to say!).
Here are some suggestions to consider if you don’t want to look at your suspended ceiling before it gets a new avatar.
- Faux metal ceiling panels: If you want to give a completely new look to your suspended ceiling, getting a metallic appearance can be a great choice with so many options for color and style available in the market.
- Tile painting: If you are particularly bored with the color your ceiling appear in, give it a new one. The care you need to take includes bringing all the tiles down, cleaning them sufficiently for paints to better stick and let them dry at their pace. Just be aware of what the tile manufacturers have to say (elaborated later in the blog)!
- Fabric: Another great idea is to use a fabric of your choice that is no longer in use but would look really great up on your ceiling. Again, you need to bring the tiles down, clean the surface and use glue to stick the perfectly cut fabric pieces onto them. Just avoid air bubbles to stay by using a rolling pin.
- Wallpaper: If fabric (old or new) is not your thing but you still want to do it, wallpaper can do just the trick. Need the process to be mentioned again?
- Change to a new ceiling tile: Again with the interior design industry getting really innovative, you can expect the tile manufacturers to offer you some great tile designs to choose from. Of course, ‘new’ will also cost like ‘new’, so make your mind.
- Fabric Ceiling: Well, it may sound odd but it is smart, nonetheless. Your ceiling grid can hold a light material fabric like a parachute or something (which is easier to clean as well later when you need to). You can choose a ceiling like structure or a tent like. This idea is great for small house events.
Precautions of redoing the ceiling tiles
Like every other action you undertake, a word of caution is sure to pop just to ensure that you decide fully aware of all the aspects. Some redoing activity might neither physically affect a ceiling tile nor its functionality/features (like sound resistance or fire safety), but others certainly can. So before you decide on the way you chose to redo the suspended ceiling, make sure you know what you are getting yourself into; its pros and con basically.
Views of Market Leaders on painting suspended ceiling tile
The most popular brands of suspended ceiling tile manufacturer Armstrong who are known to supply with the best quality tile render their warranty void if you decided on painting their tile as the chemicals in paint affect the quality of the tile. Though, they recommend getting the painting done (if you really need to) by the experts so that the process doesn’t adversely affect the technical performance of their tile.
A similar word of caution, advice, and recommendation goes by another market leader of suspended tiles, the Rockfon. They advise on using latex paints with the use of sprayers to distribute a thin layer of clean and dry tile to minimize the influence on the technical performance of tiles.
Your house is ruled only by you, so how does it look should only be decided by you. The redecoration ideas for the ceiling tiles mentioned above are for guidance. Make sure the idea you finalize best suits your needs as well as taste.
The Scandinavian style or Nordic décor of interior design as well as the hygge type of décor has majorly swept over the design world because of its distinct looks which are featured in various blogs and magazines. With its main focus on Minimalism, simplicity and functionality, this design came about in 1950s and it has added appreciation for the many craftsmen that are understated in elegant homes that are built.
Are you getting bored with the current interior and decoration of your home and you want to decorate it in your own way? Wait—don’t have the money to spend? Yes, this can happen to any of us. In this scenario, we should look for cheap and easy decorating ideas but apart from modifying the door knobs and door handles of our house.
Wall tapestries are the older brother of the bedroom poster and are so simplistically elegant you can do almost anything with them to spruce up your home. After all, tapestry has been a part of art décor culture for near two thousand years.
Electric fireplaces are often seen in commercials and magazines. They can look appealing and they can give any home a certain charm. But those who have never had an electric fireplace may be thinking twice before making the purchase and taking the steps to install it in their homes.
Curtains play a key role, both practically and stylistically. They’re an effective means of controlling light in the home, as well as helping you maintain its privacy. However, they can also help add a little warmth, style, and help you break the monotony in your décor.
The advance in has created a significant trend in the tile sector especially the sizes. Large size ceramic slabs have gotten remarkable new dimensions to cover full rooms. With a small number of pieces, you will create a moving visual and functioning potentials.
The term industrial chic might have gained popularity now but was actually coined several years ago. The unique blend of exposed steel and rustic wood has the potential to achieve an aesthetic balance like never before.
One of the main problems that people now are facing is that they sit too much. We spend most of our day sitting and doing our work and completely forgetting how bad it is for our health. Sitting a lot every day can cause severe diseases like diabetes, heart problems, and others.
Are you planning to host a get together this festive season? Or last minute weekend guests making you sweat? If that is the case, fret not. It might sound a nerve wrecking and daunting task for you to host a large number of people at the last minute.