Importance Of Music Lessons In Schools
Music is an integral part for the overall development of a student. Therefore, it is necessary that the school authorities provide Guitar, harmonium or Drum lessons in the school as a compulsory subject.
Music not only soothes the soul but also has a profound effect on mind and body. It is scientifically proven that music is good for health. For this reason that many counsellors recommend “music therapy” to students suffering from depression and to relieve the stress of studies.
Almost all the schools today provide music lessons and it has become a compulsory subject in the educational institutions. Here are the benefits of music education that highlight why it should be an integral part of the students’ life:-
- Develops language and reasoning skills- Students who get early musical training develop the areas of the brain which are related to language and intellectual reasoning. The left side of the brain is developed with the help of music, and the songs help to imprint information on the young minds. Learning a musical instrument improves how the brain understands human language, which can also help the students to learn a second language.
- Improves test score- According to the recent studies, the students who are involved in with the music education program at school perform better in tests than the others. Moreover, they also achieve higher grades in the high school. Therefore, it is mandatory for all educational institutions to keep music as a compulsory subject.
- Enhances creativity- Learning a new instrument enhances the creative side of the student. Therefore, students should be encouraged to take Guitar, piano, harmonium or Drum Lessons at school. Students who take music lessons, learn to think creatively and can solve problems by imagining various solutions by rejecting outdated rules and assumptions. Moreover, graduates from the music programs are more creative and critical thinkers, regardless of whether they are working in music or any other field.
- Relieves stress- Music is the perfect stress buster and can lift the mood and relaxes the mind. The same thing goes for creating music. It allows the children to immerse themselves in something that’s fulfilling and calming. This encourage the students to participate in different events in the school without any fear. Therefore, the music teacher should enhance the skill of the student and bring out the best in them.
- Self-esteem- Music brings out the best in the student. Therefore, they should be encouraged by the teachers, even if they are not playing the instrument correctly. This constant encouragement will help them to learn the musical instrument with proper ease and will also build a high self-esteem within them.
- Students stay engaged in the school- An enjoyable subject like music helps to keep the students interested and engaged in the school activities. Therefore, every school should make it mandatory to have music classes within the premises.
- Teaches teamwork- Music education programs require teamwork as part of a band or an orchestra. In these groups, students learn how to work together and build companionship. In order for a band to sound good, all the players must work together harmoniously towards a single goal and must commit themselves for attending rehearsals and practice session regularly.
- Preparing for a creative economy- Most people these days are establishing their career in the field of music. Therefore, students should be encouraged in school life itself to take up music classes regularly. Students also learn to communicate better and cooperate with one another if they take music lessons passionately.
- A sense of achievement- Learning to play a new instrument can be a challenging task, but achievable goal. However, students who master even the smallest goal in music feel proud of their achievement.
What is rock? What is pop? If all are music how they are different? This is a question that most people ask. And the answer to this lies below.
The media industry is evolving, and the current trends show that the audiences now prefer video content to audio. Music videos can enhance the reach and effect of your band on the audience. The demand for music videos has made the role of filmmakers crucial to making successful music hits.
Why neither the brain games nor crosswords can cope with playing a musical instrument? A good guitar player can strum anything with strings; a deluxe guitar will hardly bring the results on its own. It is time to acknowledge that what we assume to be our deficiencies are largely nothing but our air constructions.