How to Become an Expert Personal Trainer?
A personal trainer is a professional with knowledge about different sports, the human body and the psychology of people. He can design an individualized training plan for each of his clients, adapting to his needs and his physical goals. Let's discover our guide on how to be a personal trainer.
What does a personal trainer do?
People who hire the services of a personal trainer hope that this professional will help them to improve their performance in a sport, get a better physical form to combat a sedentary lifestyle or achieve the desired appearance.
• The main function of a 'personal trainer' is to get your client to achieve the desired physical results within their possibilities and level of commitment.
• A personal trainer must study the physical condition of each of his clients to design an exercise plan and routines to suit him, being an important part the setting of realistic goals.
• During the first sessions, one of its main functions is to control that people use the machines correctly and do the exercises properly so that injuries do not occur.
• They don't just take care of the physical part of a workout.
• Besides, some trainers with specific training in nutrition may advise their clients a balanced diet to achieve the desired body or perform on the sporting goals they have set.
Requirements to be a personal trainer:
One of the main requirements to be a personal trainer is to have a specific fitness & personal trainer certification, but it is not the only thing that a 'personal trainer' needs. Having good communication skills is essential to explain the designed sports routines and those clients understand the importance of following the planning. On the other hand, being empathetic helps to better understand the real motivations of each person and help them throughout the process, so they feel accompanied in their effort.
The commitment and perseverance must be present in the profile of any personal trainer since that is precisely what is requested in the clients. If you are not able to meet your schedules and not cancel appointments except in emergencies, you will not convey confidence to your customers. Simply put, the profile of a personal trainer should be that of an example to follow for the users of their services.
Tips to be a good personal trainer:
• Update your knowledge with specific training courses: you can specialize in a specific sport or complement yourself with nutrition training.
• Learn to sell yourself: design your website, have a professional profile on social networks and specific platforms in your sector.
• Give the best example: a personal trainer must be a figure to admire and aspire as a client, so it is important to project a good image.
What to study to be a personal trainer?
The profession of personal trainer does not have a specific degree for it. So how to be a personal trainer? One of the best options is the University Degree in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences that provides quality, multisport and transversal technical training that allows access to the best gyms or start as an autonomous trainer.
However, you don't have to get to college to train as a personal trainer. The higher degrees of Physical Conditioning, Animation of Physical and Sports Activities or Teaching and Socio-Sports Animation allow exercising as personal trainers in gyms. You can access this training from the Middle Degree in conducting physical-sports activities in the Natural Environment to have a complete sports profile.
Finally, you have the option of training as a personal trainer through specialized courses in Personal Training with which to have a global vision of the sports world that includes from the design of training routines to nutrition for specific groups of athletes.
Physical activity has many benefits, from improving mood and boosting energy to promoting better sleep all the way to combating various health conditions and diseases. This is why it is recommended that adults get at least 150 minutes of physical activity per week.
The demand for well-trained personal trainers is increasing - more and more people are interested in sports, nutrition and aim to get fit and healthy and to live. Many customers want good and quick success and therefore rely on individual training under professional guidance. And that's where personal trainers come in!
At any stage of life, a strength training adapted to each person is recommended. The reason is that the training of the musculature is considered to be the most important factor for the improvement of the capacity of performance and the quality of life and provides a careful and attractive figure
Eating a healthy diet, sleeping well and performing some type of physical activity are the most frequent recommendations that doctors make to their patients so that they have a healthy life regardless of age. That is why every day there are more people interested in fitness culture, to achieve specific goals.