A Guide on How to Use Airdrop on Mac and iOS Device
Using AirDrop, you can wirelessly transfer files between two Mac systems. File transfer is possible even if the two Macs are not connected to the same wireless network. It is a feature that makes AirDrop an amazing tool. In this article, you will read more about this file sharing tool and understand how to use AirDrop on Mac.
Where to Find AirDrop?
To use this tool, first you need to open AirDrop on your Mac. You can open it from the ‘Share’ menu and also from the ‘Finder.’ Once you open the tool on your system, it will automatically look for nearby devices that are having an opened AirDrop window. You can use this tool not just to send files to other Mac device but also to iOS devices. But for that your computer must run on Yosemite Mac OS X and the receiving iOS device should have on iOS 7 or a later version. If your Mac doesn’t have Yosemite but has OS X Lion or later versions, then your AirDrop can send files only to other Mac system that is within the 30 feet range.
To use this tool, it is essential that you should be able to see your recipients’ device icon on your AirDrop window. If you can see your recipients’ device’s icon on your AirDrop window, then you will be able to send and receive files easily.
How to use airdrop on Mac: Sending Files
- Open ‘Finder.’
- Then, select 'Go > AirDrop.’
- Once the AirDrop window opens, you will be able to see the nearby devices (within 30 feet) that can accept files sent from your Mac.
- Keep that window open, and then drag and drop the files onto the icon of the device to which you want to send the file.
- Then, click ‘Send.’
Possible Problems in Using AirDrop on Mac
It might happen that in the AirDrop window you don’t see the receiving device. In that case, you won’t be able to transfer files.
To troubleshoot this problem, you can try out the following tweaks:
- Confirm that the AirDrop’s window is open on the recipient’s computer
- Make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on both the devices
- Make sure that both the devices are within the distance of 30 feet
- Check and confirm that in both the sender’s and recipient’s devices the visibility option is set to “Everyone” or “Contacts only.”
Using AirDrop on Mac: Receiving Files
Receiving the files is very useful if you are using AirDrop between Mac and iPad/iPhone, and both the devices are using the common iCloud account. As a result, the sent files will get automatically received on the recipient’s device.
But, if you are sending files to iOS devices connected to different iCloud accounts, then the recipient has to accept the incoming file.
- The recipient will get a notification about an incoming file.
- The recipient first needs to accept the incoming file, and then only the file transfer takes place.
- After accepting the invitation, the recipient has to click ‘Save.’
- Then, the incoming file will get saved in the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- In case of iOS device users, the file will get downloaded in respective folders. For example, photos get downloaded in the ‘Pictures’ app.
With these steps, you have learned how to use AirDrop on Mac for sending and receiving files from other Apple devices. If you are using Mac OS X version below Yosemite, then you can share files only with Mac systems and not iOS devices. But if you are a Yosemite user, then you can send and receive files from Mac as well as iOS devices, but only iOS 7 and above versions.
Prompt and accurate invoicing is an asset for any business. It ensures that the company is timely paid for its services. As the company grows, managing and tracking invoices belonging to different projects manually is impractical.
Nowadays, every business organization can be seen looking for high-end software solutions to increase the productivity and overall efficiency of their business operations. One such digital tool that has gained immense popularity
The world had started to, slowly but steadily, engage with the concept of digital learning and online exams long before the coronavirus pandemic came along and disrupted the education ecosystem across the globe.
The average time spent on smart devices daily has been increasing over the years. Mobile app development technology is continuously evolving and flourishing in this digital era. Thus, you have to keep up with the latest mobile app development trends.
For security-conscious companies, being compliant with industry-standard security policies is a top priority. Being in non-compliance with industry standards can result in fines. More importantly, it can lead to increased cyber-attacks on your company, employee data, and customer data.
As the world continues to evolve at a break-neck pace, the market has witnessed numerous changes. Among all these changes, perhaps none has proven to be quite as consequential as the emergence of e-commerce.
Tracking your employee's time is an essential component of many businesses. It enables business owners to accurately charge their clients for the time spent on their projects. Luckily, time tracking in the digital age is not a challenge anymore.