Five Simple Secrets for Boosting Your WordPress Website Up
The speed of your website matters a lot. A fast-loading website performs better on every front: improved user experience, better user engagement, helps with your site’s SEO, delivers higher conversions and thus, higher revenue. Google also considers this factor in its algorithm when it ranks websites.
And if your website takes more time to load, there is a possibility that your visitors may lose interest and move on to other competitor websites. It not only affects your ranking and brand image but also diminishes the chances of attracting more visitors and making good conversions.
Thus, it’s highly recommended that your WordPress site performs and loads faster than your present or upcoming competitors.
Reasons that slow down your WordPress website:
Let’s first understand the reasons behind your slow loading website so that you can make smarter long-term decisions:
· Un-optimized or heavy image sizes badly affects your website loading speed as a lot of server resources are used up by them.
· Disabled features in your hosting package such as compression and HTTP Keep-Alive or the server when not properly configured, can hurt your website speed.
· More use of CSS and JS files leads to increase in the number of requests.
· Excessive usage of external scripts such as font loaders or ads badly affects the website performance.
· Use of poorly coded plugins.
· Load on your server increases if your website is not able to serve cached pages.
Now that you know what slows down your website, let’s find out how to boost it up.
Boosting up WordPress website speed by the following 5 easy steps:
1. Select the best WordPress hosting company offering excellent speed, support, and nearest data center: It is the number one factor to consider. As you know, choosing a right host is a daunting task, so before finalizing, no matter how much economic services they provide, think twice. It is advisable to choose the host who offers a wide range of services along with its managed WordPress hosting such as SSH access, free website transfer, domain name registration, Google apps integration, unlimited disk space, data backup, and a number of websites on a single account option. As the location of the server has an impact on your website speed, it’s essential that you check whether they have their data centers around the world, especially in/near your target market.
2. Remove unnecessary plugins and add-ons: For a blogging CMS like WordPress, it’s essential to remove the unnecessary plugins, inactive themes, comments and add-ons from the dashboard as they reduce the speed a lot. Although, they enhance your website’s functionalities but it’s essential that you choose only those which are absolutely necessary.
Install P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) plugin which scans all your website plugins and provides a report on how much they are affecting your website’s performance.
3. Enable caching for your website: It increases the speed of your website and provides a much faster experience for your visitors. This is possible because it stores a copy of your website on your users’ browser and serves them that version, until and unless you instruct it to refresh. A research shows that enabling caching reduces the loading time of your website from 2.4 seconds to 0.9 seconds. You can install the W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache to enable your WordPress website’s caching.
4. Optimize Your Database: This is the next thing on your to-do list to boost your WordPress website up. If you are using MySQL database, then it can be optimized directly from PHPMyAdmin or you can use WordPress optimization plugins like WP-Optimize and WP-DBManager. These plugins enable you to delete all the pending spam contents, auto-saved drafts, trashed posts, and so on. Also, with the WP-DB Manager, you can regularly set the dates for optimization, so that your site always performs exceptionally well.
More use of HTML, CSS, and JS files also slow your website down as the users treat them individually. Try cssnano to minify CSS and Closure Compiler to minify JS.
There is a tool called Pingdom, which is a free online tool that enables you to check your website’s speed from different geographical locations. Once you know the speed of your website and if it’s not under 2 seconds, you can decrease it by applying the above 5 easy steps.
No doubt, the benefits of having a faster loading WordPress website will surely be worth your time!
If you have any query regarding this, you can ask through the comment section below.
When it comes to SEO and website promotion, then the details are those who play the most important role in the end. One of those - usually not given the needed gravity - is the choice of your web hosting provider. Future Webmasters most of the time, hosting is one of the last stuff to think.
The abbreviation of RAID is Redundant Array of Independent Disks. It creates a single usable data disk in which multiple physical disks are combined into one set for improved speed and error tolerance. Although there are several levels of RAID types: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, and RAID 10 that use hardware RAID controllers for all RAID performance levels deployed, and increase reliable solutions.
When you have decided to use web hosting service for your site, you might have to complete appropriate research before making your final choice. Quite frankly, a hosting service is among the necessities of building your site and making it visible through the world wide web.
Reseller web hosting is a web hosting platform which is used by a registered user to host websites with the help of personal drive capacity and bandwidth. In reseller hosting, the host creates an account and sells these to earn a certain profit.
Docker doesn’t need an introduction. By now Docker & containers have become a common term due to their immense popularity. But do you know what has led to the widespread use of these technologies?
Virtual private servers allow small businesses to host their website or application for a lower cost than traditional dedicated web-hosting options. They've grown popular in the last few years because of their ease of use and the control they give businesses managing their own websites
Technology is developing rapidly and bringing about amazing changes. Web hosting has undergone a transformation with the advent of the virtual hosting. VPS server hosting had bridged the vast gap between the shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
Have you just started with a website of your own or has it been just a few months? You may have started with just a 3-4 page online platform for the marketing of your business but you should be ready for an unexpectedly high response on your site.
A website that is hosted on a dedicated server doesn’t share space with anyone else. So, you have access to an exclusive server and enhanced security. Choosing a cheap dedicated hosting server might seem impossible