Essential Things To Do After Creating A WordPress Website
We have come up with this title for you to understand what are the most essentials items to do after you create a WordPress website. A WordPress website can be tricky if not managed properly and hence these are the most common items and things which you should do in order to not have problems in future.
Here is a list of what you should do:
1. Security: Security of a website is of utmost importance and hence one should secure their website whenever they start it. If the website is not secured all your data can vanish and go into wrong hands in case you have user registration etc. Also one should fully secure one's website by keeping a security plugin inside and installing and configuring the same properly.
There are several security plugins out of which you can try any and then install it as per your choice and configure it. Security plugins counteract most possible threats although not all and hence we will talk about the next essential step you should have on your website.
2. Backups: Backups are a way to feel safe because in case you have a backup then you need not worry because even if by any chance your website gets hacked or tampered with you can always restore your backup. You can always have professional backup service which is paid from vaultpress or blogvault or else you can use plugins like updraftplus and backupbuddy and help yourself with manual backups. Hosting companies also provide for a monthly fee backup and it's always easier to ask the hosting companies to restore the backup for the website.
3. SEO: SEO is always important and always has to be an essential part of the website because what good is a website if it cannot be found. And hence we have focused on this important aspect. You can try out Yoast SEO, All in One SEO or Squirrel SEO and whichever suits you best you can use that plugin and make your website SEO friendly.
4. Cache: Cache of a website will only make it faster and hence you should focus on better cache plugins and have it installed into your website and check which one is the best. Most cache plugins optimize the scripts etc and hence you get a faster website.
5. Uninstall Unneeded Plugins and Themes: After creation of your website, one of the most important things is uninstalling unneeded themes and plugins. Uninstall unused themes and plugins help to reduce complexity and improve the performance of your website, it also reduces your backups size.
6. Create a Robots.txt and Sitemap.xml File
- A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site
- Robots.txt is a standard used by websites to communicate with web robots and web crawlers.
These files are essential to improve the coverage of your website in the major search engines.
7. Setup Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics for your website: This tool allows you to see information about how Google is displaying and indexing your websites in the search results.
All of these above steps are vital for a smart WordPress site. once you’ve done all these you are ready to publish your own content and let your visitors know about your business.
If you want to Turn your website into a brand to your visitors you should choose clean, modern and responsive WordPress themes from a reliable marketplace. There are plenty of free WordPress themes available on the internet for various kinds of business Niche. In case you are using one of the free WordPress themes to develop your website then definitely the scripts used are more and hence cache plugin helps in optimizing the website for a faster browsing experience.
In this write-up, we discuss some of the things that you need to keep in mind when you are looking to hire a CMS website development company. Content Management Systems have surely allowed businesses, institutions and individuals to leverage the true power of having an online presence.
WordPress security is a topic of huge importance for every website owner. WordPress themes and plugins play a remarkable role in hardening security of your sites. Hence, You should always keep your WordPress themes as well as plugins up to date.
These days having a business website is something which is a necessity to thrive in the cut-throat competitive web market. Consequently, all the business owners, entrepreneurs, and marketing experts today have their online business presence.
Every firm owns a presentable logo to symbolize their business & reach out the prominent customers. Numerous small-scale businesses prefer to hire custom logo design company to get a unique & responsive brand icon.
If you haven’t updated your website for more than a couple of years, you must update it. As your website is not getting any credible interactions. Nearly 75% of web users look at the designs on a company’s website to judge its credibility.
Graphic design is essential for a website. Without good design, your website will not look good. A graphic is the most striking way to hit the viewer’s mind so that the message stays imprinted in the audience’s memory.