Bootstrap – A Popular Responsive Web Designing Technique
The main purpose of web designing is to make the website more attractive and useful for the user. In this regard, Bootstrap plays a vital role. It is a widely used term in the field of web designing or better to say responsive web designing. The process is involving to adjust the website look irrespective on all devices like desktop, mobile phones, tablet etc. It is an easy to use concept, particularly for beginners. It is an open source application and involving the use of a free collection of tools for the purpose of web designing. It is considered as a front end framework.
Bootstrap was framed by Jacob Thornton and Marc Otto at Twitter. It came into concept as a result of high maintenance as well as inconsistency issues of other sources for the development of user interface. It was introduced as an open source component in the year August, 2011. It should be mentioned that in the year June 2014 it was placed on the top position on GitHub Project, an internet hosting service that is used for code.
Basic features of Bootstrap
The following few points should be added in this section:
- Bootstrap closely works with HTML and CSS and Java Script templates design.
- It is a supportive programme for both HTML5 and CSS3 version.
- It is used largely in several user interface programme like typography, navigation etc.
- It is operational with all major internet browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer etc.
- It is a mobile first design approach.
- It is a single code based system for all your website application.
- It provides a responsive grid system.
- Bootstrap has a default setting with 14px front size and 1.428 line spacing. It is applicable for the entire text including paragraphs.
Bootstrap Grid is the combination of twelve columns across the page. The columns are automatically rearranged as per the size of the desktop screen. Moreover, it has four classification models like,
- lg – It is used for large desktops.
- md – It is used for desktops.
- xs- It is compatible with phones.
- sm- It is compatible with tablets.
In typography section, with use of certain command it is possible to give a specific shape to your created image. For an example, if you give .img – rounded – then it will create a rounded corner shape. Similarly with .img –circle command, a shape of a circle will appear. Bootstrap works with several HTML elements like,
HTML <small> element
Some special applications related to Bootstrap
- It indicates the creation of jumbotron which is basically a big box filled with special information.
- Not only that, it is possible to create an alert message which is predefined in nature. The classes are contextualized as, .alert- danger, .alert-warning, .alert-info and, .alert-success.
- From a set of Glyphicons Halflings, almost 260font icons are available in Bootstrap. Download Glyphicon, Search Glyphicon, Print Glyphicon, Envelop Glyphicon are few of them.
- A bootstrap badge indicates number of items that are attached with a link and the dropdown menu helps the user to select one value from a list which is predefined.
- At the top of a page you will find the dialog box which is called Modal Plugin and Navigation bar which expands or collapses as per the screen size. When you will point your mouse on an element of your content, a small pop up box called Toolkit Plugin will appear. If you want to get more options in pop up box then you can use Popover Plugin. On the other hand the Scrollspy Plugin updates the links that are contained in navigation list automatically as per the scroll position. Another one is Affix Plugin which locks an element on a page in a certain area.
- Bootstrap form layout is containing three types like, vertical form, horizontal form and inline form. Few examples of Bootstrap form control are radio, select, textarea etc.
- Through the Bootstrap media object it is possible to align images or videos in the same content. In order to hide and show content in large amount, Bootstrap Collapsible is an effective tool.
Negative feedback regarding Bootstrap application
So If you want to work on bootstrap you must be trained with the best web design courses that includes bootstap in their course content.
Web design covers everything visually visible along with things that help Google asses your website quality. We already gave you the two most important reasons for why web design is so crucial for your website. But, there’s obviously more to it, that’s the reason we decided to write this article for you.
Web design trends are subject to change with advancement in software technologies. However, there are many similar elements, but still the web design today is not the same as it was ten years ago. Every year, we find some change in the web design trends, which is why we need to keep an eye on the trends.
You're planning to start another website but you don't have the expenses to hire an expert logo designer. You don't have the right ideas or programming to plan a logo yourself. You're searching for motivation and thoughts for a logo structure.
A brochure can be a powerful tool in the hands of any marketer. It can help you educate and engage your audience in a unique way. However, creating a great brochure is all that matters. It makes a whole world of difference between a flyer that gets read and the one that would possibly end up in the trash can.
As a healthcare professional, it is imperative to design such a website for your neurology practice that can help you in attracting more new patients and beating the competition. Learn here what are the 12 things you should keep in mind when designing any medical website in 2019.
Loading times are important for 2 reasons; a) they affect the user experience and b) they’ve since become a Google rankings factor. There are a number of useful sites that can be used to test your website speed, including Google PageSpeed Insights.
Designing a new website requires a significant amount of time and effort to get right. When the big moment finally arrives to send the site live, you need to be certain that there are no lingering issues – however minor, that could derail your launch.
Whether you’re creating a new website or updating your existing one, each alteration must be in the best interests of your visitors/prospective clients. Everything you add, subtract and change, must be done so for the sole purpose of improving the ease and effectiveness of your site for the user.