4 Common Sources of Carpet Damage and How to Prevent Them
Carpet repair is a need that many homeowners run into, whether the unthinkable has happened to your new carpeting, or you're trying to extend its lifespan. Fortunately, there's no need to give up hope. From patching small areas of damaged or stained carpets, to re-stretching carpets that suddenly have a little too much give to them, there are repair solutions for just about any issue.
Common Carpet Repairs
Accidents happen and the daily wear and tear eventually takes its toll. However, when a carpet damage strikes, many residents wonder if there's a remedy. Here's a list of the most common sources of carpet damage and what to do about them:
- Carpet Stains: They can be a huge headache and a real eyesore. The most common are the stains caused by food or drink. If left in the carpet to set in, they may require an efficient carpet cleaning. Stains from wood furniture are also an issue, though there's little you can do about these in terms of cleaning. If a carpet cleaning session doesn't do the trick, then you're for a patching job.
- Carpet Burns: They can be an issue. Cigarette burns top the list. The only solution for deep burns is to patch the carpet. It means that the area around and including the burn will have to be cut down, and then a new undamaged piece of carpet should be installed in its place. A good patch is almost impossible to detect, especially when it's performed by someone who knows what they're doing.
- Carpet Rippling: Bulging and rippling carpets are an indication that your carpet is no longer stretched tight. The issue isn't just an aesthetic one. It can be a real pain and even dangerous when you find yourself constantly tripping over your loose carpet. The only answer to the issue is hiring a contractor to come and re-stretch your carpets. It's one of the most common carpet repairs in the industry and can make an old flooring feel like new in just a few hours.
- Carpet Tufting: It occurs when individual carpet fibers pull out of the textile and stand above the carpet line. Large strings of carpet fiber can suffer the same fate. Never try to pull out these imperfections, as they'll usually get worse. Instead, cut the offending carpet fibers off the carpet line, and you should be good to go.
Preventing The Need For Carpet Repair
The best way to cut your repair costs is to avoid the need for repairs in the first place. If you're looking for ways to protect your carpets form harm, here are a few suggestions:
- Make sure your carpets are properly installed. Poor carpet installation is the most common reason residents end up needing the services of a carpet re-stretching contractor.
- Keep food in kitchen and only in places that aren't carpeted. Imposing house rules that prohibit food in carpeted areas will drastically reduce the number of stains your carpet will be exposed to, and the repairs that your carpet will need as a result. And if you have kids at home, this suggestion is very important for you.
- Smoke outdoors. Going outside for a smoke isn't just a good way to avoid burns in your carpet. It also lowers the risk of major house fires and it's healthier for any non-smokers that share your dwelling.
- Maintain your carpets. Keep up on carpet maintenance, such as routine vacuuming and annual thorough carpet cleaning schedules. Your flooring will not only last longer, but they'll look better, smell better, and give you that relaxing feeling when you walk over them.
When planning to renovate your existing kitchen or want to construct a new one, an important element that you should never overlook is the cabinetry. Even if you are sure about how you want your dream kitchen to appear, unlocking the maximum potential of kitchen cabinets can be quite a task.
If you have moved before, you must be aware of the troubles you had to face while moving the heavy furniture. You might also risk damaging the furniture while moving it yourself. More than that, you don’t want to injure yourself while moving these big and awkward items.
Are you prepared for spring? When the cold temps break, it can roll right in if you are not paying attention. Then you can find you've too much work to do for you to enjoy it fully.
Organic carpet cleaning uses natural products which are powerful and, in the meantime, are properly disposed of for the environment. This has made the cleaning of organic-carpets prominent, as different products contain cruel-chemicals that can be dangerous to small children as pets.
Blocked drains can be a headache for many homeowners. It not only creates a mess but if not mended at the right time, they can escalate the problem to a whole new level. Thus, asking for bigger repair work. So, a stitch in time will save nine. As a part of regular house upkeep and maintenance, you must know what the causes of blocked drains are and how can you overcome them.
Buying a home comes with a lot of responsibilities. You need to keep track of things like the faucets, drains, and toilets to make sure all appliances are working properly. Focusing on maintenance and repair greatly improves the value of your home. Identifying the faults at the right time is a part of the maintenance.
Window shutters are an amazing home improvement idea on any home. They add a dash of classical style and elegance to your home while at the same time offering protection against extreme weather. When well chosen, shutters blend perfectly with the rest of your home’s decor to improve curb appeal and add value to the entire property.
A mattress is considered a major investment and it might feel overwhelming shopping for one. Consider that the quality of your mattress will affect your sleep quality. Do not forget that a choice of mattress is unique to you and depends on your sleeping position and the best side to sleep on