4 Common Sources of Carpet Damage and How to Prevent Them
Carpet repair is a need that many homeowners run into, whether the unthinkable has happened to your new carpeting, or you're trying to extend its lifespan. Fortunately, there's no need to give up hope. From patching small areas of damaged or stained carpets, to re-stretching carpets that suddenly have a little too much give to them, there are repair solutions for just about any issue.
Common Carpet Repairs
Accidents happen and the daily wear and tear eventually takes its toll. However, when a carpet damage strikes, many residents wonder if there's a remedy. Here's a list of the most common sources of carpet damage and what to do about them:
- Carpet Stains: They can be a huge headache and a real eyesore. The most common are the stains caused by food or drink. If left in the carpet to set in, they may require an efficient carpet cleaning. Stains from wood furniture are also an issue, though there's little you can do about these in terms of cleaning. If a carpet cleaning session doesn't do the trick, then you're for a patching job.
- Carpet Burns: They can be an issue. Cigarette burns top the list. The only solution for deep burns is to patch the carpet. It means that the area around and including the burn will have to be cut down, and then a new undamaged piece of carpet should be installed in its place. A good patch is almost impossible to detect, especially when it's performed by someone who knows what they're doing.
- Carpet Rippling: Bulging and rippling carpets are an indication that your carpet is no longer stretched tight. The issue isn't just an aesthetic one. It can be a real pain and even dangerous when you find yourself constantly tripping over your loose carpet. The only answer to the issue is hiring a contractor to come and re-stretch your carpets. It's one of the most common carpet repairs in the industry and can make an old flooring feel like new in just a few hours.
- Carpet Tufting: It occurs when individual carpet fibers pull out of the textile and stand above the carpet line. Large strings of carpet fiber can suffer the same fate. Never try to pull out these imperfections, as they'll usually get worse. Instead, cut the offending carpet fibers off the carpet line, and you should be good to go.
Preventing The Need For Carpet Repair
The best way to cut your repair costs is to avoid the need for repairs in the first place. If you're looking for ways to protect your carpets form harm, here are a few suggestions:
- Make sure your carpets are properly installed. Poor carpet installation is the most common reason residents end up needing the services of a carpet re-stretching contractor.
- Keep food in kitchen and only in places that aren't carpeted. Imposing house rules that prohibit food in carpeted areas will drastically reduce the number of stains your carpet will be exposed to, and the repairs that your carpet will need as a result. And if you have kids at home, this suggestion is very important for you.
- Smoke outdoors. Going outside for a smoke isn't just a good way to avoid burns in your carpet. It also lowers the risk of major house fires and it's healthier for any non-smokers that share your dwelling.
- Maintain your carpets. Keep up on carpet maintenance, such as routine vacuuming and annual thorough carpet cleaning schedules. Your flooring will not only last longer, but they'll look better, smell better, and give you that relaxing feeling when you walk over them.
Winter is more than just cold weather season, it can also be home flooding season. As a result of burst pipes due to freezing weather, many people end up with flooding in their homes during the winter months. This can cause more problems than just the pipe burst.
Spring is considered the best season to do house cleaning. Since the weather becomes warmer, this gives the carpet a good chance to completely dry after cleaning.
When it comes to updating your shower or adding a new one, there will be many important decisions to make, and the shower doors are one of the big ones. You might assume that your choice will be as transparent as - glass - but it’s a bit more complicated than that.
Bookshelves are considered one of the most basic necessities for every house. They are quite handy for a book lover who wants to store his books in a nice and organized manner. Though the variety of modern bookracks design is available today in the market, one might get a little bit confused while opting for the best one for his home’s mini library.
Furniture is the soul of the house, which makes a house “home”. And the soul of the home is the couch where one likes to sit, or pass his time alone, or with his family. And the upholstery is the part where trend enters our lives and makes it more comfy and charming.
Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to spend a lot of money to give your old kitchen a new look. Remodeling smartly can give you almost all the benefits of a complete remodel, minus the big fat modular kitchen price tag of course. Whether you've lived in your home for years or you just moved in, kitchen renovations can be a lot of fun, especially if you’re trying to save some money by doing everything yourself.
Home improvement means a myriad of things with petty little changes in life. Little changes can give your home a new and improved look as the same applies in home remodeling. The living environment inside can also be enhanced.
Everyone knows that concrete building blocks are primarily used as a building material in the construction of homes, offices, skyscraper, and so on. Basically, they are concrete Masonry units that are used in the construction industry to form a concrete block structure.
Believe it or not, home decoration can be fun and exciting for some people, while for others it may prove to be a daunting task. Home improvement requires strategic planning with creative ideas about how to optimally utilize every nook and corner of the home.