4 Common Sources of Carpet Damage and How to Prevent Them
Carpet repair is a need that many homeowners run into, whether the unthinkable has happened to your new carpeting, or you're trying to extend its lifespan. Fortunately, there's no need to give up hope. From patching small areas of damaged or stained carpets, to re-stretching carpets that suddenly have a little too much give to them, there are repair solutions for just about any issue.
Common Carpet Repairs
Accidents happen and the daily wear and tear eventually takes its toll. However, when a carpet damage strikes, many residents wonder if there's a remedy. Here's a list of the most common sources of carpet damage and what to do about them:
- Carpet Stains: They can be a huge headache and a real eyesore. The most common are the stains caused by food or drink. If left in the carpet to set in, they may require an efficient carpet cleaning. Stains from wood furniture are also an issue, though there's little you can do about these in terms of cleaning. If a carpet cleaning session doesn't do the trick, then you're for a patching job.
- Carpet Burns: They can be an issue. Cigarette burns top the list. The only solution for deep burns is to patch the carpet. It means that the area around and including the burn will have to be cut down, and then a new undamaged piece of carpet should be installed in its place. A good patch is almost impossible to detect, especially when it's performed by someone who knows what they're doing.
- Carpet Rippling: Bulging and rippling carpets are an indication that your carpet is no longer stretched tight. The issue isn't just an aesthetic one. It can be a real pain and even dangerous when you find yourself constantly tripping over your loose carpet. The only answer to the issue is hiring a contractor to come and re-stretch your carpets. It's one of the most common carpet repairs in the industry and can make an old flooring feel like new in just a few hours.
- Carpet Tufting: It occurs when individual carpet fibers pull out of the textile and stand above the carpet line. Large strings of carpet fiber can suffer the same fate. Never try to pull out these imperfections, as they'll usually get worse. Instead, cut the offending carpet fibers off the carpet line, and you should be good to go.
Preventing The Need For Carpet Repair
The best way to cut your repair costs is to avoid the need for repairs in the first place. If you're looking for ways to protect your carpets form harm, here are a few suggestions:
- Make sure your carpets are properly installed. Poor carpet installation is the most common reason residents end up needing the services of a carpet re-stretching contractor.
- Keep food in kitchen and only in places that aren't carpeted. Imposing house rules that prohibit food in carpeted areas will drastically reduce the number of stains your carpet will be exposed to, and the repairs that your carpet will need as a result. And if you have kids at home, this suggestion is very important for you.
- Smoke outdoors. Going outside for a smoke isn't just a good way to avoid burns in your carpet. It also lowers the risk of major house fires and it's healthier for any non-smokers that share your dwelling.
- Maintain your carpets. Keep up on carpet maintenance, such as routine vacuuming and annual thorough carpet cleaning schedules. Your flooring will not only last longer, but they'll look better, smell better, and give you that relaxing feeling when you walk over them.
Vinyl flooring is an option for homeowners who need a durable and economical alternative to hardwood. Vinyl has been designed to almost mimic any naturally occurring flooring material. This allows you to enjoy the appearance of hardwood without the related cost.
One of the biggest advantages of hiring a housekeeper is the fact that you don't have to do it yourself. After a long day at work or running around town doing errands who wants to clean? But how do you find the best house cleaning services to suit your needs?
Before you even start the process of tidying up your home prepare a strategy. Once you make a schedule with the correct planning cleaning up is easy. Follow these great guidelines and add your own personalized touches for the best way to clean a house that'll leave your living-space spotless.
As we age, many of us will find ourselves in need of improved bathroom accessibility. Accessible bathrooms can dramatically enhance the quality of life of homeowners and their loved ones living with mobility restrictions due to aging, disability, or physical injury.
Engineered hardwood is an improvement of natural hardwood. The features are enhanced through laminate construction. This refers to the use of several layers of wood planks that are glued together and treated under extreme pressure and heat.