4 Common Sources of Carpet Damage and How to Prevent Them
Carpet repair is a need that many homeowners run into, whether the unthinkable has happened to your new carpeting, or you're trying to extend its lifespan. Fortunately, there's no need to give up hope. From patching small areas of damaged or stained carpets, to re-stretching carpets that suddenly have a little too much give to them, there are repair solutions for just about any issue.
Common Carpet Repairs
Accidents happen and the daily wear and tear eventually takes its toll. However, when a carpet damage strikes, many residents wonder if there's a remedy. Here's a list of the most common sources of carpet damage and what to do about them:
- Carpet Stains: They can be a huge headache and a real eyesore. The most common are the stains caused by food or drink. If left in the carpet to set in, they may require an efficient carpet cleaning. Stains from wood furniture are also an issue, though there's little you can do about these in terms of cleaning. If a carpet cleaning session doesn't do the trick, then you're for a patching job.
- Carpet Burns: They can be an issue. Cigarette burns top the list. The only solution for deep burns is to patch the carpet. It means that the area around and including the burn will have to be cut down, and then a new undamaged piece of carpet should be installed in its place. A good patch is almost impossible to detect, especially when it's performed by someone who knows what they're doing.
- Carpet Rippling: Bulging and rippling carpets are an indication that your carpet is no longer stretched tight. The issue isn't just an aesthetic one. It can be a real pain and even dangerous when you find yourself constantly tripping over your loose carpet. The only answer to the issue is hiring a contractor to come and re-stretch your carpets. It's one of the most common carpet repairs in the industry and can make an old flooring feel like new in just a few hours.
- Carpet Tufting: It occurs when individual carpet fibers pull out of the textile and stand above the carpet line. Large strings of carpet fiber can suffer the same fate. Never try to pull out these imperfections, as they'll usually get worse. Instead, cut the offending carpet fibers off the carpet line, and you should be good to go.
Preventing The Need For Carpet Repair
The best way to cut your repair costs is to avoid the need for repairs in the first place. If you're looking for ways to protect your carpets form harm, here are a few suggestions:
- Make sure your carpets are properly installed. Poor carpet installation is the most common reason residents end up needing the services of a carpet re-stretching contractor.
- Keep food in kitchen and only in places that aren't carpeted. Imposing house rules that prohibit food in carpeted areas will drastically reduce the number of stains your carpet will be exposed to, and the repairs that your carpet will need as a result. And if you have kids at home, this suggestion is very important for you.
- Smoke outdoors. Going outside for a smoke isn't just a good way to avoid burns in your carpet. It also lowers the risk of major house fires and it's healthier for any non-smokers that share your dwelling.
- Maintain your carpets. Keep up on carpet maintenance, such as routine vacuuming and annual thorough carpet cleaning schedules. Your flooring will not only last longer, but they'll look better, smell better, and give you that relaxing feeling when you walk over them.
A house should be a place of security where you can relax, unwind and have a secure and peaceful slumber. The last thing you want to think about is a breach of your household security, however in the world we live in these days it’s wise to be extra cautious.
Cleaning is a very important task in your home or office. When it comes to shag carpet cleaning or vacuuming, it is very important to pause and choose the right tools to get effectiveness and long lasting shag carpets. These rugs or carpets have a deep pile and a shaggy appearance.
The Consumer Reports National Research Center estimates that more than five million home will be sold in 2017. If this is the year you’ve decided to sell your property, expect a healthy dose of competition. Sellers navigate competitive markets in a variety of ways
A widespread misconception regarding kitchen countertops is related to its maintenance. A lot of people tend to believe that it takes half of the day to clean the kitchen properly and maintain its appearance. Moreover, the biggest part of difficulty pops up when it comes to cleaning the countertops
A recent survey predicted that Americans are projected to spend a record 137 billion dollars on home improvement this year. The housing industry is steadily improving and the real estate sector has also bounced back to its previous glory.