Wish to Boost Your Immunity? Our Experts Tell You How
With the latest outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, people are desperately looking for ways to keep themselves and their loved ones safe. One of the topmost concerns of being safe in this pandemic-like situation is to keep yourself immune from the deadly “Novel Coronavirus.” While you might be eating healthy and doing routine exercises, there are additional steps needed to upgrade your overall immunity levels effectively.
Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak and its theories going on all around, the experts suggest that those with poor immunity –especially adults above 60 years of age and young kids below 10 years of age, should remain extra cautious. In addition to self-quarantining oneself, extra care in the form of taking relevant immunity boosters or supplements could help you out. Whether it is about following a specific diet or taking supplements, boosting your immunity should be at the topmost priority on your list of taking care during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Ways to Boost Your Overall Immunity
While the mere idea of boosting your immunity might appear enticing, it is recommended to follow the necessary steps properly to be assured of the best results. The immune system of the body is precisely not a single entity. If you wish the immunity system of your body to function well, you would be required to ensure proper balance & harmony into the same. Researchers keep looking for effective ways to boost immunity that not only safeguards you against the current health concerns of the globe but also helps you to ensure longevity altogether.
For your ease, we have summed up a few important pointers to help you improve your immunity instantly & effectively:
- Ensuring Low-Carb Nutrition: There is ample evidence that reveals the health benefits of a low-carb diet. More than ever, it has become highly imperative now to follow a low-carb diet that not only serves beneficial for your fitness but also boosts the overall health & well-being. The eating pattern that you are following now should be focused on providing the essential nourishment while keeping your blood sugar levels & weight in check.
As per a recent study report, it has been revealed that those with diabetes & other metabolic conditions are at a higher risk of developing COVID-19. Therefore, there is no denying the fact that low-carb foods or ketogenic diets can help in treating as well as reversing the respective metabolic conditions. Another study revealed that following a keto diet helped in reducing the risks of developing influenza in mice samples. While the results might not be clear enough in the case of humans, it is well-proven that weight loss & improved metabolic health can improve the overall immune system.
- Intake of Ample Vitamin D: Serving both as vitamin & a hormone, Vitamin D is a determinant of good health. In case you are deficient in vitamin D, there are higher chances of staying healthy once you start taking proper vitamin D supplements. Moreover, it can also help in minimizing the risks of developing COVID-19.
You can consider sitting in ample sunlight –the natural source of abundant vitamin D. you should fix a proper schedule to receive ample sunlight –during the early hours of the morning preferably. Another great source of vitamin D is the supplement.
- Consuming Turmeric: Turmeric is known for its wide range of health benefits. While it is a common spice found in most kitchens, it is a power-pack of abundant health benefits –,, especially its anti-inflammatory & anti-viral properties. “Curcumin” –the yellow-colored compound found in turmeric attributes to most of the health benefits of this magical spice.
You can consider adding a pinch of turmeric to your daily meals or even warm milk to obtain its medical benefits. In case you have a specific medical condition, then you should consult your physician before taking the same.
- Lots of Fruits, Veggies, & Seeds: Consuming lots of fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds is a common suggestion towards improving your immunity. As per a recent study, it was revealed that the elderly who consumed more fruits & veggies on a daily basis had better immunity & responded well to the pneumonia vaccinations.
While most of the fruits & veggies could be attributed to boosting your immunity, some of the healthy options are garlic, ginger, black pepper, green, leafy vegetables, juicy fruits, and nuts.
- Avoiding Refined Carbs & Sugars: Lab-based studies have revealed that consuming too much sugar could impair the WBCs (White Blood Cells) in the body. At the same time, an increase in blood sugar levels could contribute to making your body prone to infections and multiple diseases. Therefore, it makes complete sense to minimize your overall intake of refined sugars to help your body stay disease-free.
Ensure that your immunity is strong enough to help you go through the tough moments of the current pandemic situation.
One of the leading causes of death from all over the world is cancer. Loss of muscles and malnutrition puts a negative impact on the health and survival of cancer patients. Cancer cells grow rapidly that disturbs the normal functioning of healthy cells and also affects the system of the body.
The teenage strikes between 13 to 19 years and carries numerous changes in the various aspects of life. The body undergoes lots of hormonal changes due to puberty which results in changing behavior, stress, anxiety, depression, and many other issues
With the outbreak of infectious Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) having triggered fear and anxiety among people worldwide, it is important to stay calm and follow the Government’s regulations pertaining to the countrywide lockdown to control the spread of the disease.
Hiking is a fantastic pastime enjoyed by millions of people. It provides you with opportunities to enjoy nature, get some exercise, and spend time with friends. Knowing what snacks to bring along can help ensure you enjoy your adventures without feeling hungry or getting sick.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is always hard work, but it is harder work as we get older. Our bodies change and that can make the challenges of being healthy harder to overcome. Our metabolism slows down, our joints become worn down and our muscles get weaker.
In today's society, people are confronted with countless industrially manufactured foods. Obesity, illnesses, and the desire for a healthy, balanced diet are frequent reasons to question your diet: which foods are compatible? How do I recognize fat and sugar traps?
From the analysis to the nutrition plan, the nutritionist must be able to advise his customers individually. Dietitians are not only confronted with the classic desire to lose weight, but also with food intolerances or mental illnesses that have to be taken into account.
A lot has been said at times about what to eat to have a healthy heart. Many nutrients are currently related to their protection. It is certain that a proper diet ensures longevity, quality of life, health and well-being. Poor diet, on the contrary, can be a cause of many serious diseases such as cardiac, strokes, diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, etc.
At some point, we’ve all heard the term “superfood” before. Superfoods are by no means a new thing, but they have seen a spike in popularity in the past couple of years after being endorsed in medical journals