When It’s Time to Call in the Roofers – 10 Signs
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."
These wise words were spoken by President John F. Kennedy during his 1962 State of the Union Address. He was referring to the financial prudence of government action in addressing problems before an emergency arises—and the problems become much more expensive.
The same can be said for homeowners.
Even though roofs are always there, it can be easy to take them for granted and overlook their maintenance needs. This can lead to incredibly costly repairs.
Yes, the time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining—and here's a look at 10 times you should call in the roofers.
Call for Roofing Services:
- When you see signs of water damage. If you see water-damage stains on the ceilings inside your home, it's time to call for roofing services. Those stains indicate that something on your roof has failed—the flashing, shingles, gutters, or downspouts—and needs to be fixed before it gets worse.
- When the shingles have seen better days. Cracked shingles are one of the most common causes of leaks. If you see a few cracked shingles, you should have them replaced. If your roof looks like a sun-drenched, dried out desert, it's time to call for roofing and shingle services.
- When you have ice dams. Ice dams occur in colder climates when heat from the attic melts snow on the roof, causing water to seep beneath the flashing and shingles. It's a common problem for homes with flatter roofs and be incredibly costly to fix if it's not addressed as soon as the ice dams appear.
- When your shingles start to curl. Shingles that are curling along the edges are your cue to call for roofing and shingle services. It means your shingles are old, possibly allowing water to seep in beneath them and likely ready to crack.
- When you see dark stains. Dark stains on your roof may or may not be a big dea—but you should call for professional services to find out what's causing them. If they are from algae or moss, the stains probably aren't going to affect the integrity of your roof. But if they are caused by aging or damage to the shingles, you're going to want to have it repaired.
- When your roof starts to sag. If you see that any part of your roof is starting to sag, you might be dealing with an emergency. A sagging roof is a sign that the structural integrity of your home might have been compromised by water damage, rotted wood, or something else.
- When you find a lot of shingle granules in your gutters. The gritty little granules on top of shingles play an incredibly important role in protecting your home from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet rays. And while it may be normal for a few to find their way into your gutters, it shouldn't look like a sandy beach up there. If you see a lot of shingle granules in your gutters, it could be a sign that your shingles are aging (quickly), so you'll probably want to have them replaced.
- When you see mold. You probably don't have to worry if you have algae or moss growing on your roof, but if you see mold, you might be dealing with a pretty serious problem. Most likely, mold means that your drainage system has been damaged or is not working properly. Ignoring mold could cause your roof to wear out sooner than it should.
- When all of your neighbors are getting new roofs. Most homes in neighborhoods are built at about the same time (at least within a few years of one another). So if you notice that many of your neighbors are getting new roofs, it's probably time to start making plans to do the same.
- When your roof is old. In general, the lifecycle of a roof is between 20 and 25 years. Some roofs will last longer, some won't make it to 25. That's why it's important to keep a close eye on your roof. Look for signs of wear, tear, and water damage. And if you bought your house 20 years ago and have never had the roof replaced, it's probably time to call for roofing services.
Don't Wait for a Rainy Day
Remember, the best time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining. If you own a home, don't wait for a rainy day emergency to call for roofing services. Connect a professional roofing company today to discuss your roofing needs.
One of the best feelings in the world is a quality night's sleep. Since we spend nearly 1/3 of our entire lives sleeping, it only makes sense to do everything in your power to try to improve it. Not only does good sleep make you increasingly productive, but it can make you both more focused and happier.
The technology of building modern houses has gone far ahead compared to what was built in the 19th and 20th centuries. A good house is warm and solid, and somehow we don't think about what's behind the glass.
A proper air conditioning system provides space conditioning and good air filtration thus, improving the thermal comfort of an indoor space. A spilt air conditioner provides better air distribution.
Ever considered the thought that you might need to hire a waterproofing expert someday? Hiring a waterproofing contractor seems like a big deal for those who believe their house contains smart and strong waterproofing
When it comes to owning a home, it is the small details that make all the difference. There are little, convenient, and cheap things you can do to make your home a more pleasant place to live in and look at. Or, if you choose to go big, some wise investments can make your home look better and increase its value.
Having a functioning plumbing system is vital in every household. When plumbing emergencies arise, it causes inconvenience that disrupts your day-to-day activities. Most people think about leaving these tasks for professional plumbers; yet, there are proven and effective ways to perform on your own without paying a considerable amount of money for repair.
There are many reasons why people have developed a fascination for decorative veneers in. After all, it is a great way to add a dazzling look to your home. If you are considering using decorative veneers for your home, here are 5 reasons why you need to seriously consider going for them.
Luckily, in today’s time, everything is possible if we want to do it. This is why all of us have different ways to stay positive. Some people relax in the garden whereas some prefer to embellish it. However, if you have a strong built-in system that can easily improve the irrigation system of your yard, you should go for it.