Top Gifts For a 21st Century Dad
What does it mean to be a father in today’s world? There used to be a very strict hierarchy in families, where the dads were the tops dogs and the bread winners and the women were very much stay at home carers for their children. However, over the years, dynamics have changed, with men taking on more household responsibilities - not just taking out the bin. A 2014 study reported that there had been a huge rise in stay at home dads. What sort of presents can be bought for 21st century dads? Of course, there are traditional novelty gifts, but what about a gift that they can have proper use out of?
The DIY Dad
What can be brought for a tool obsessed man who already has it all? There are tonnes of gadgets that could be of some use. Ideas include:
- Magnetic wristband; key gadget to hold screws and nails whilst he hammers or drills away.
- Laser levels; ensure that he gets that shelf straight – the first-time round!
- Quadsaw; these things look seriously cool and right up any DIY dad’s street. This device turns power drills into saws.
The Foodie Dad
There are tonnes of household gadgets available that can help dads around the kitchen – and they don’t have to be the standard boring kitchen gadgets, get creative! For example:
- Lightsabre BBQ tongs; for the dads with a love for Star Wars.
- Breakfast sandwich maker; wave goodbye to early morning McDonald’s drives throughs! With making breakfast burgers at home just got cheaper and easier.
- Electric knife sharpener; Help him carve the Sunday roast with the sharpest of knives.
The Tidy Dad
We are seeing a big shift in household responsibilities and who does them. Whilst cleaning may not be every dads cup of tea, there are gift opportunities for those who do have a love for it. Below are only a few gadgets that can help around the house:
- Cordless vacuum cleaners; Let them hoover anywhere in the house minus the tangled mess.
- Wireless headphones; So, they can combine dad dancing and vacuuming in any room without compromising the quality of sound.
- Desk organiser; Dads that work and use their desk a lot may need a helping hand to get super organised.
The Tech Dad
If your dad doesn’t suffer from the inability to use or learn to use 21st Century technology – Modern gizmos and gadgets always make for great Father’s Day gifts!
- Drones; perfect for dads who love flying model aeroplanes. Try upgrading it by purchasing one with a built-in camera!
- Virtual reality glasses; (this could be a laugh) try transporting your dad to another dimension with these new glasses.
- Electronic Food thermometer or a pizza cooker; perfect for dads with a combined interest in cooking and gadgets!
The Musical Dad
Recently, there has been a boom in vinyl and record player sales, which means they have become more readily available. Not only are they easier to get, they have evolved. Available to buy, are customisable portable vinyl players, record players which can convert his records to digital audio files and even ones with AM/FM radio functions. Other musical gifts that come to mind are:
- A year’s subscription to a music service like Amazon Prime or Spotify
- Concert Tickets; Is there a gig happening locally? Do they happen to be your dads favourite band?
- Wireless speakers; they can listen to their favourite album anywhere!
Image Source: pixabay.com
The Snap Happy Dad
Keep camera loving dads happy, and depending on the present budget budget, these nifty gadgets[CF1] could get you in the good books:
- Phone printers; this gives dads everywhere the ability to instantly print any photos anywhere.
- Camera Lenses; these can be clipped onto a phone and over the camera lense to help him take awesome photos.
- Smart phone projectors; Make any room a cinema with a projector that can be easily set up.
Don’t settle for a traditional ‘best dad’ mug, think about what he loves doing, whether it’s cooking or gardening - with these gifts, any 21st century dad will be happy!
There are many, many big milestones in life and how important these are will vary from person to person, however, for the most part there some milestones that all people can agree on and today we are going to share with you some tips for how to prepare for five of these big milestones.
While it would be lovely if everyone always had the money they needed to get by, that is unfortunately not the case for many Americans
If you select upright monuments for honoring your loved one, there are certain benefits. As compared to other types of monuments, upright monuments prove to be better in some aspects. This article discusses some of these advantages that might make this difficult decision easier for you.
As the weather starts getting warmer, every family anticipates time spent together enjoying summer activities. Not sure how to entertain your family this summer? Here are five great ideas to bring your family together during this fun time of year.
There are many businesses that design and print invitations, however, if you want to give them your touch, you can do them on your own and we assure you that in addition to looking good, you will not spend as much money. Here are some suggestions so you can make some amazing invitations.
Moving out is exciting – finally having your own home comes with independence but also a lot you need to organise. Transporting your furniture to the flat, buying new goods, and potentially renovating bits and pieces here and there can be quite time-consuming.
In the UK Winter officially lasts from the 22nd of December 2019 to the 20th of March 2020, however, if you live in the UK, then you will know that winter tends to feel like it lasts much longer than that. We can be experiencing winter weather anywhere from October through to April or May.