Top Gifts For a 21st Century Dad
What does it mean to be a father in today’s world? There used to be a very strict hierarchy in families, where the dads were the tops dogs and the bread winners and the women were very much stay at home carers for their children. However, over the years, dynamics have changed, with men taking on more household responsibilities - not just taking out the bin. A 2014 study reported that there had been a huge rise in stay at home dads. What sort of presents can be bought for 21st century dads? Of course, there are traditional novelty gifts, but what about a gift that they can have proper use out of?
The DIY Dad
What can be brought for a tool obsessed man who already has it all? There are tonnes of gadgets that could be of some use. Ideas include:
- Magnetic wristband; key gadget to hold screws and nails whilst he hammers or drills away.
- Laser levels; ensure that he gets that shelf straight – the first-time round!
- Quadsaw; these things look seriously cool and right up any DIY dad’s street. This device turns power drills into saws.
The Foodie Dad
There are tonnes of household gadgets available that can help dads around the kitchen – and they don’t have to be the standard boring kitchen gadgets, get creative! For example:
- Lightsabre BBQ tongs; for the dads with a love for Star Wars.
- Breakfast sandwich maker; wave goodbye to early morning McDonald’s drives throughs! With making breakfast burgers at home just got cheaper and easier.
- Electric knife sharpener; Help him carve the Sunday roast with the sharpest of knives.
The Tidy Dad
We are seeing a big shift in household responsibilities and who does them. Whilst cleaning may not be every dads cup of tea, there are gift opportunities for those who do have a love for it. Below are only a few gadgets that can help around the house:
- Cordless vacuum cleaners; Let them hoover anywhere in the house minus the tangled mess.
- Wireless headphones; So, they can combine dad dancing and vacuuming in any room without compromising the quality of sound.
- Desk organiser; Dads that work and use their desk a lot may need a helping hand to get super organised.
The Tech Dad
If your dad doesn’t suffer from the inability to use or learn to use 21st Century technology – Modern gizmos and gadgets always make for great Father’s Day gifts!
- Drones; perfect for dads who love flying model aeroplanes. Try upgrading it by purchasing one with a built-in camera!
- Virtual reality glasses; (this could be a laugh) try transporting your dad to another dimension with these new glasses.
- Electronic Food thermometer or a pizza cooker; perfect for dads with a combined interest in cooking and gadgets!
The Musical Dad
Recently, there has been a boom in vinyl and record player sales, which means they have become more readily available. Not only are they easier to get, they have evolved. Available to buy, are customisable portable vinyl players, record players which can convert his records to digital audio files and even ones with AM/FM radio functions. Other musical gifts that come to mind are:
- A year’s subscription to a music service like Amazon Prime or Spotify
- Concert Tickets; Is there a gig happening locally? Do they happen to be your dads favourite band?
- Wireless speakers; they can listen to their favourite album anywhere!
Image Source: pixabay.com
The Snap Happy Dad
Keep camera loving dads happy, and depending on the present budget budget, these nifty gadgets[CF1] could get you in the good books:
- Phone printers; this gives dads everywhere the ability to instantly print any photos anywhere.
- Camera Lenses; these can be clipped onto a phone and over the camera lense to help him take awesome photos.
- Smart phone projectors; Make any room a cinema with a projector that can be easily set up.
Don’t settle for a traditional ‘best dad’ mug, think about what he loves doing, whether it’s cooking or gardening - with these gifts, any 21st century dad will be happy!
There are several adults who contribute in their own ways to the recycling process. Though we all know that recycling lays a crucial foundation for our community, it is completely on the adults to make sure that our kids understand the need to recycle and look after our planet Earth.
When it comes to pest control around your home or business, are you better off buying some products and doing it yourself? Or should you invest and pay for a professional pest control company to come in and take care of any pest infestations?
The human brain has the most complex structure among the living organisms. We carry about 100 billion neurons on our shoulders, and once one dies, it never grows back. Isn’t it amazing that we can remember things we did 20 or 30 years ago?
It's a dream of many homeowners to pay off their mortgage before they retire. However, expenses can pile up as we age and this simply may not be possible. In an effort to put your home to work paying for itself, energy improvements such as solar panels can reduce your household expenses and make paying off your home easier.
Are you tired of having to manually open your garage doors when parking your car? That's where automatic garage door openers come in! These utilize the latest technologies to make parking vehicles in your home much easier.
It can be hard to stay on top of routine cleaning tasks in the home, especially when your schedule is packed. The last thing you want to do at the end of a long day is come home and start on chores. There are ways to make much-needed chores quicker and easier.
Arranging a funeral for your loved ones is one of the most challenging things as people are not in a condition to maintain jobs. Thankfully, there are some funeral companies which give services at this difficult time and manage everything with ease.
If you are someone who takes the time to go shopping with nothing but the kindness of your heart and becomes sad when the present you bought and gave gets passed on to another person, the article wasn’t exactly fun but scary! And eye-opener if you didn’t know that happened.