Top Gifts For a 21st Century Dad
What does it mean to be a father in today’s world? There used to be a very strict hierarchy in families, where the dads were the tops dogs and the bread winners and the women were very much stay at home carers for their children. However, over the years, dynamics have changed, with men taking on more household responsibilities - not just taking out the bin. A 2014 study reported that there had been a huge rise in stay at home dads. What sort of presents can be bought for 21st century dads? Of course, there are traditional novelty gifts, but what about a gift that they can have proper use out of?
The DIY Dad
What can be brought for a tool obsessed man who already has it all? There are tonnes of gadgets that could be of some use. Ideas include:
- Magnetic wristband; key gadget to hold screws and nails whilst he hammers or drills away.
- Laser levels; ensure that he gets that shelf straight – the first-time round!
- Quadsaw; these things look seriously cool and right up any DIY dad’s street. This device turns power drills into saws.
The Foodie Dad
There are tonnes of household gadgets available that can help dads around the kitchen – and they don’t have to be the standard boring kitchen gadgets, get creative! For example:
- Lightsabre BBQ tongs; for the dads with a love for Star Wars.
- Breakfast sandwich maker; wave goodbye to early morning McDonald’s drives throughs! With making breakfast burgers at home just got cheaper and easier.
- Electric knife sharpener; Help him carve the Sunday roast with the sharpest of knives.
The Tidy Dad
We are seeing a big shift in household responsibilities and who does them. Whilst cleaning may not be every dads cup of tea, there are gift opportunities for those who do have a love for it. Below are only a few gadgets that can help around the house:
- Cordless vacuum cleaners; Let them hoover anywhere in the house minus the tangled mess.
- Wireless headphones; So, they can combine dad dancing and vacuuming in any room without compromising the quality of sound.
- Desk organiser; Dads that work and use their desk a lot may need a helping hand to get super organised.
The Tech Dad
If your dad doesn’t suffer from the inability to use or learn to use 21st Century technology – Modern gizmos and gadgets always make for great Father’s Day gifts!
- Drones; perfect for dads who love flying model aeroplanes. Try upgrading it by purchasing one with a built-in camera!
- Virtual reality glasses; (this could be a laugh) try transporting your dad to another dimension with these new glasses.
- Electronic Food thermometer or a pizza cooker; perfect for dads with a combined interest in cooking and gadgets!
The Musical Dad
Recently, there has been a boom in vinyl and record player sales, which means they have become more readily available. Not only are they easier to get, they have evolved. Available to buy, are customisable portable vinyl players, record players which can convert his records to digital audio files and even ones with AM/FM radio functions. Other musical gifts that come to mind are:
- A year’s subscription to a music service like Amazon Prime or Spotify
- Concert Tickets; Is there a gig happening locally? Do they happen to be your dads favourite band?
- Wireless speakers; they can listen to their favourite album anywhere!
Image Source: pixabay.com
The Snap Happy Dad
Keep camera loving dads happy, and depending on the present budget budget, these nifty gadgets[CF1] could get you in the good books:
- Phone printers; this gives dads everywhere the ability to instantly print any photos anywhere.
- Camera Lenses; these can be clipped onto a phone and over the camera lense to help him take awesome photos.
- Smart phone projectors; Make any room a cinema with a projector that can be easily set up.
Don’t settle for a traditional ‘best dad’ mug, think about what he loves doing, whether it’s cooking or gardening - with these gifts, any 21st century dad will be happy!
Over the last couple of days, we’ve seen some particularly artic conditions come to the UK. In some parts of the country, it’s predicted that the temperature could drop as low as -10 degrees Celsius, causing widespread disruption to schools and travel networks
Today, there is a high number of retirement planning advice readily available online and in other media. But most of it isn’t geared towards high net worth individuals. Proper retirement planning is very crucial since it only takes one or two mistakes to go from financial independence to broken dreams.
With the rate at which the act of burglaries, terrorism, and vandalism is increasing, nearly everybody should consider installing a security film on their windows. Windows are the most vulnerable area of a home. Most of the crimes committed, the access is usually gained through a window especially a first-floor window if it’s a business premise.
Maybe you’re facing house repossession or maybe you know somebody who is. It’s a horrible situation to be in, you feel powerless like everything is being stripped from you and there is nothing that you can do to prevent it.
Changing the curtains may require a minimal effort but would have a significant impact. Just by adding different window treatments, the entire room will look brand new. Curtains also have multiple uses such as they are useful if you wanted to darken the room and make your daytime sleep better.
Moving house is a notoriously stressful time, so whatever you can do to reduce the amount of hard work and lower your stress levels, the better! Adding children to the process can bring even more issues into the mix, who’ll have their own anxieties about moving, and who will most likely slow down the moving process on the day.
When you decide to build your own house, there are many things that are needed. The most important one is finding the perfect builder. With so many builders out there, the process can be daunting. You might be asking yourself, how do I find a good builder? Well, there are many things to put into consideration. Here are some of the factors to consider when you are not sure of how to find a custom home builder.
Cockroaches adapt to a variety of surroundings but prefer warm conditions. They cover up in dark and moist places in our homes. They keep dark spots and foul odour leading to very unpleasant and unhygienic conditions. It can be very difficult to kick them out.