Time To Move Out - What, When & How To Clean
After couple of years living in a rented property you decide to move to another place. Or even better, you finally have enough savings and decide to buy your own place. You probably feel excited about going to the new place, but there are certain things to do in your current property before you leave it.
Most of the time when you rent a space you pay a deposit to the landlord, and in order to receive it back you have to leave the property spotless.
I know you cleaned often enough while you're living there. But in order to receive your security deposit back you need to put more effort and clean a little bit deeper. Here is a checklist with all the items you have to clean before you call the property owner for inspection.
General Cleaning includes the cleaning you have to perform in every room of your house or apartment.
- Clean and wipe down all light fixtures, light switches and outlets. Replace bulbs if needed. Do not forget that there are bulbs in your microwave and fridge that need to be checked and wiped too
- Floors have to be mopped, carpets need to be vacuumed. For stubborn spots you may need to call a professional carpet cleaners
- Clean and wipe down all doors and door cases
- Clean and wash windows
- Wash the walls (if needed). For that purpose you use mix of baking soda with water
- Clean blinds
Here is a list with all the specific items in your kitchen you have to clean up.
First of all, cabinets and appliances must be cleared from remaining food and items.
- Clean and dust all cupboards and drawers. You can first vacuum and then wipe the drawers.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops
- Clean and sanitize sink
- Defrost and clean refrigerator
- Clean inside and outside the dishwasher
- Clean oven. If it has self-cleaning program, run it. If not, remove shelves and burners and clean them. There are special oven cleaners on the market, for better results buy an oven cleaning product.
- Clean inside the microwave and wipe microwave's vent (it's on the back)
- Clean all other appliances, do not forget to sweep behind and under them too
- Scrub the tiles
- Clean and disinfect the bathtub
- Clean and sanitize the bathroom sink and any chrome features as faucets, toilet paper holders, towel racks
- Clean and shine the mirror
- Clean drawers and cabinets
As bathroom is one of the most humid rooms in every home, you have to check for mold. Here is a an easy mold removal recipe, just mix hot water with soap and baking soda, and then rub the mold corners.
- Decks and Patios
- Sweep or in case of stubborn stains use a pressure machine. If you don't owe one, find a jet washing service provider
- Remove all of your items
- Clean any remain oil stains
- Pull the weeds
- Remove yard debris
Do not forget to remove all the trash from your home after complete with cleaning.
Keep in mind that you must leave all items in the rented property clean and in a working condition. When you complete with the move out cleaning checklist, each room of your home will be spotless and you'll receive your deposit back. In case, you think you don't have the needed skills, time or desire to do all this cleaning. You can refer to a local cleaning company to help you get ready for the move out inspection. There is a special service called end of lease cleaning which includes everything you need to ensure your deposit back. Thus, you'll save time for other important tasks and prepare better for the moving day.
A recent survey predicted that Americans are projected to spend a record 137 billion dollars on home improvement this year. The housing industry is steadily improving and the real estate sector has also bounced back to its previous glory.
The garage is a much more versatile space than most homeowners recognize, especially if they’re more gearhead than interior designer; but even those looking to repurpose their garages restrict their ambitions to just shifting the floor plan.
Spring is finally here, and with Spring comes a good old Spring clean! The start of the new season is the perfect time to do a thorough clean around your home and garden, and tick off items on that ever-growing to-do list.
A toilet is of prime importance in a house and if you need to decide what kind of a toilet you want for the bathroom in your new house, you need to be very vigilant in deciding it since you will be using it for a long time and the plumbing in your bathroom will be relevant to that kind of toilet.
Decorating a little bedroom is as much fun as working with one which is blessed with ample room. In actuality, for people that have a hint of creativity and creativity for pulling out the ingenious, it gives a far greater opportunity to showcase their imagination and style.
The process of moving out can turn into a nightmare for both the owner and the tenant. If you ask any property owner, they all could share at least a few mishaps they've had with tenants. The longer you've been on the market, the more stories you'll have to tell. Both good and bad.
You may be more inclined to take a good, long look at your windows if you’ve just purchased a fixer-upper or you’ve spent a considerable amount of years in your current abode. These occasions are as good as any, but it’s important to prioritize periodic window inspections