Time To Move Out - What, When & How To Clean
After couple of years living in a rented property you decide to move to another place. Or even better, you finally have enough savings and decide to buy your own place. You probably feel excited about going to the new place, but there are certain things to do in your current property before you leave it.
Most of the time when you rent a space you pay a deposit to the landlord, and in order to receive it back you have to leave the property spotless.
I know you cleaned often enough while you're living there. But in order to receive your security deposit back you need to put more effort and clean a little bit deeper. Here is a checklist with all the items you have to clean before you call the property owner for inspection.
General Cleaning includes the cleaning you have to perform in every room of your house or apartment.
- Clean and wipe down all light fixtures, light switches and outlets. Replace bulbs if needed. Do not forget that there are bulbs in your microwave and fridge that need to be checked and wiped too
- Floors have to be mopped, carpets need to be vacuumed. For stubborn spots you may need to call a professional carpet cleaners
- Clean and wipe down all doors and door cases
- Clean and wash windows
- Wash the walls (if needed). For that purpose you use mix of baking soda with water
- Clean blinds
Here is a list with all the specific items in your kitchen you have to clean up.
First of all, cabinets and appliances must be cleared from remaining food and items.
- Clean and dust all cupboards and drawers. You can first vacuum and then wipe the drawers.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops
- Clean and sanitize sink
- Defrost and clean refrigerator
- Clean inside and outside the dishwasher
- Clean oven. If it has self-cleaning program, run it. If not, remove shelves and burners and clean them. There are special oven cleaners on the market, for better results buy an oven cleaning product.
- Clean inside the microwave and wipe microwave's vent (it's on the back)
- Clean all other appliances, do not forget to sweep behind and under them too
- Scrub the tiles
- Clean and disinfect the bathtub
- Clean and sanitize the bathroom sink and any chrome features as faucets, toilet paper holders, towel racks
- Clean and shine the mirror
- Clean drawers and cabinets
As bathroom is one of the most humid rooms in every home, you have to check for mold. Here is a an easy mold removal recipe, just mix hot water with soap and baking soda, and then rub the mold corners.
- Decks and Patios
- Sweep or in case of stubborn stains use a pressure machine. If you don't owe one, find a jet washing service provider
- Remove all of your items
- Clean any remain oil stains
- Pull the weeds
- Remove yard debris
Do not forget to remove all the trash from your home after complete with cleaning.
Keep in mind that you must leave all items in the rented property clean and in a working condition. When you complete with the move out cleaning checklist, each room of your home will be spotless and you'll receive your deposit back. In case, you think you don't have the needed skills, time or desire to do all this cleaning. You can refer to a local cleaning company to help you get ready for the move out inspection. There is a special service called end of lease cleaning which includes everything you need to ensure your deposit back. Thus, you'll save time for other important tasks and prepare better for the moving day.
A shower isn't a shower without warm water, and plenty of people do not enjoy a cold shower. Water heaters generally account for up to a quarter of a normal home's power consumption. This is the most significant reason why the majority of homeowners have shifted to more efficient water heaters to decrease electricity consumption and decreased prices.
Nowadays we are surrounded with so many ads of cleaning products that promise magical effect and cost way too much. Let us help you in the battle for a clean home and reintroduce you to some common ingredients that can make your life stainless and sparkling clean.
Of late, a number of homeowners have been going for laminate kitchen worktops and there are definitely some good reasons for the same. For starters, it looks really great but it would be a mistake to assume that its benefits are limited only to looking great.
Revamping your interiors is a challenge homeowner face every now and then. One of those challenges is designing schemes that are timeless, lasting, and stay on-trend without adding features to their home that risk quickly becoming obsolete.
There are a number of different types of glass on the market, thanks to the new glass technologies that are entering the market. Simply put, glass is not just glass anymore, it has become an aspect of your house that can considerably improve your living environment.
The idea of thinking of building a new house is extremely frightening as it involves huge expenditure; planning, execution with mental and physical labour. You just need to work with your builder and select material and style that fits your imagination of home to build your dream home.
A shower is not really a shower if there's no hot water, and a lot of people do not enjoy a cold shower. But, water heaters generally accounts for as much as a quarter of the normal house's power consumption. This really is the most significant reason lots of homeowners have shifted to more energy efficient water heaters to decrease electricity consumption and save money.