Time To Move Out - What, When & How To Clean
After couple of years living in a rented property you decide to move to another place. Or even better, you finally have enough savings and decide to buy your own place. You probably feel excited about going to the new place, but there are certain things to do in your current property before you leave it.
Most of the time when you rent a space you pay a deposit to the landlord, and in order to receive it back you have to leave the property spotless.
I know you cleaned often enough while you're living there. But in order to receive your security deposit back you need to put more effort and clean a little bit deeper. Here is a checklist with all the items you have to clean before you call the property owner for inspection.
General Cleaning includes the cleaning you have to perform in every room of your house or apartment.
- Clean and wipe down all light fixtures, light switches and outlets. Replace bulbs if needed. Do not forget that there are bulbs in your microwave and fridge that need to be checked and wiped too
- Floors have to be mopped, carpets need to be vacuumed. For stubborn spots you may need to call a professional carpet cleaners
- Clean and wipe down all doors and door cases
- Clean and wash windows
- Wash the walls (if needed). For that purpose you use mix of baking soda with water
- Clean blinds
Here is a list with all the specific items in your kitchen you have to clean up.
First of all, cabinets and appliances must be cleared from remaining food and items.
- Clean and dust all cupboards and drawers. You can first vacuum and then wipe the drawers.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops
- Clean and sanitize sink
- Defrost and clean refrigerator
- Clean inside and outside the dishwasher
- Clean oven. If it has self-cleaning program, run it. If not, remove shelves and burners and clean them. There are special oven cleaners on the market, for better results buy an oven cleaning product.
- Clean inside the microwave and wipe microwave's vent (it's on the back)
- Clean all other appliances, do not forget to sweep behind and under them too
- Scrub the tiles
- Clean and disinfect the bathtub
- Clean and sanitize the bathroom sink and any chrome features as faucets, toilet paper holders, towel racks
- Clean and shine the mirror
- Clean drawers and cabinets
As bathroom is one of the most humid rooms in every home, you have to check for mold. Here is a an easy mold removal recipe, just mix hot water with soap and baking soda, and then rub the mold corners.
- Decks and Patios
- Sweep or in case of stubborn stains use a pressure machine. If you don't owe one, find a jet washing service provider
- Remove all of your items
- Clean any remain oil stains
- Pull the weeds
- Remove yard debris
Do not forget to remove all the trash from your home after complete with cleaning.
Keep in mind that you must leave all items in the rented property clean and in a working condition. When you complete with the move out cleaning checklist, each room of your home will be spotless and you'll receive your deposit back. In case, you think you don't have the needed skills, time or desire to do all this cleaning. You can refer to a local cleaning company to help you get ready for the move out inspection. There is a special service called end of lease cleaning which includes everything you need to ensure your deposit back. Thus, you'll save time for other important tasks and prepare better for the moving day.
Tadelakt is a plaster surface which is waterproof and is used in Moroccan architecture to make the exterior and interior walls, baths, sinks, roofs, ceilings, and even floors. This is made of rammed, polished and treated lime plaster. You can find Tadelakt in different shades as this can be tinted.
As the globe is faced with the huge challenge of enormous waste generation (even the simplest things like disposable baby nappies and sanitary pads are disturbing our earth due to the amount it’s loading the lands!), no wonder individuals, government and corporate organizations have started taking it seriously.
Let be honest, there is nothing very as brilliant that the sentiment of getting a charge out of the balcony brings. Using your overhang, regardless of whether vast or little, makes an awesome connection between your indoor and open airspace.
The kitchen is often the heart of many homes and along with the bathroom, it can be the most costly part of your home to update. If your kitchen is looking a bit tired, dated and in need of a makeover, you may be thinking you can’t afford the time, expense and effort it takes to remodel.
Many people rely on appliances and machines inside their own houses and places of work to find comfort, convenience, and protection. For instance, refrigerators keep food safe to consume, air conditioners keep spaces cool and comfortable, and innovative medical equipment assists in the diagnosis and treatment of ailments.
When damage to your property occurs, not only can it be quite costly, it can also be extremely inconvenient!
If you're planning your dream garden, choosing the right paving can do wonders. Think of it this way ‒ you're going to live in your home for a long time and having a well-designed garden can turn a dull, outdoor space into the most relaxing place in the house.
A small living area may feel like a lost cause, yet there is still hope! If you’re tired of the cramped feel, fear not, there are things that can be done to create a feeling of more space using some simple eye trickery!
There was a time when people used to have only limited wall decoration ideas and there was nothing much that they could do in order to make their room walls look attractive. But things have changed now and it is completely the opposite as you now have hundreds of ideas of how you can decorate the walls of your room.