Seven Ways to Reduce the Interest Rate on Your Small Business Loan
Every business, from a small firm or a young entrepreneur to a large MNC needs loans periodically to utilise the influx to meet their working capital needs, tap new business opportunities or expand their business. A small business is particularly hard-pressed for funds, as it does not have abundant financial resources to rely on when in distress. It usually faces delays in invoice payments from large clients, which adversely affects its cash flow.
Unsecured small business loans interest rates are typically higher as compared to secured loans, as the lender is exposed to a significantly higher risk. This increases the operational costs for a small business, and therefore it should always look out for ways to reduce the SME loan interest rate. Moreover, while the amount of business loan and the tenure for which it is approved depends on the financial standing of the business, the small business loan interest rate is decided based on several additional factors. Let us examine a few ways that can help reduce the interest rate on your business loan:
- Maintain a Healthy Credit Score: This is the most important requirement to get a good deal on small business loan interest rate. In the event that you enjoy a healthy credit rating and have been repaying previous loans on time, the lenders will be inclined to offer the most favourable small business loans interest rates. Small businesses often need to apply for short-term loans, and therefore they should maintain a healthy credit score. Such a practice will not only help in getting the best small business loans interest rates for the current loan, but will also help in procuring favourable SME loan interest rate in the future.
- Highlight the Number of Years Your Business has been in Operation: A business that has been in operation for two years or more and has sound business receivables during that period should land a favourable small business loan interest rate. Such a business would also do well to maintain proper records of its business transactions during its entire operational history. This information can be used to strengthen its case further for getting the right deal on SME loan interest rate. A lender would want to be convinced about the business objectives and the growth trajectory of a business before providing business funding. Therefore, you need to present a clear business plan along with a proof of healthy business growth to secure the best deal on small business loans interest rates.
- Preserve Healthy Cash Flows: A robust business with healthy financials quarter-on-quarter is clearly preferred by lenders for granting business loans. Such a business can easily secure the best deal on small business loan interest rates as well. Always cut down on uneconomical expenditure and avoid taking business loans in excess of your actual requirement. Too many loans will strain your cash flow as well, and thereby compromise on your negotiating power while deciding SME loan interest rate
- Get Your Existing Loans Refinanced: In case your business is doing well and you have an old loan that was taken at a higher SME loan interest rate, you could look at getting it refinanced through an online FinTech company. Such lenders offer the most competitive small business loans interest rates, as they completely understand the business needs of different SMEs. In case of good business performance, they may even offer to refinance existing loans at competitive SME loan interest rate.
- Make Additional Repayment when You have Sufficient Funds: When your business is doing well and you have additional funds on hand, consider paying an additional instalment. This way you will be able to reduce your small business loan interest rate and improve your credit rating. Such a strategy will also enable you to negotiate from a position of strength while considering small business loans interest rates from lenders, and will keep a check on your operational costs as well.
- Make a Higher Down Payment Upfront: When taking a loan, it always pays to make the maximum down payment that you possibly can. Although this would reduce the principal amount that is considered for the SME loan interest rate, in the long run you will save on costs in serving small business loans interest rates. This will also help you repay the loan amount on time, and thus have a positive impact on your credit score. A better credit score will further translate into getting a better deal on small business loans interest rates in future.
- Have a Clear Business Growth Plan: You need to be clear about your business objectives and be able to demonstrate your business prospects to the lender in the best possible manner. They could be in the form of business receivables, your revenue achievement in the past and that expected in the near future or it could even be your tax filing history. A lender wants to be fully convinced about your repayment capability before disbursing a short term loan for your business need. If your business prospects appear sound, you can negotiate on getting the best deal on interest rates. The new age FinTech companies offer various types of financing option like home finance, car finance, two wheeler finance etc. They provide maximum flexibility and transparency in providing small business loans if you manage to strike a balance between your business necessities and your requirement of securing a good deal on small business loans interest rate.
Small businesses invariably need short-term loans for meeting urgent business requirements, and paying interest on the loan is a major operational cost. However, being prudent while choosing the business loan, and maintaining healthy business practices always helps in controlling costs through reduction in small business loans interest rates.
There are different types of loans available for businesses. An unsecured business loan has proved to be the best option, thanks to the high loan amount and flexibility in repayment. The loan does not require any asset to be hypothecated and the entire risk remains on the lender.
Peer-to-peer lending is a type of debt financing wherein lenders and borrowers enjoy the control and freedom over the terms of a loan. There is no intervention of the intermediary financial systems. Simply, it is the term used for defining the practice of lending money by individuals with the help of services that connects the borrowers and the lenders directly.
We’ve all been there at some point, summer has rolled around and those savings we promised we’d make to help cover us over the summer months are non-existent. Now, you find yourself with no classes – and no money! Here four tips for surviving summer without your student loan.
As a business owner, you often face the requirement of funds. There could be a planned expansion or an emergency but the need for funds will have to be met. It is not feasible to always borrow from your friends and family time and again. This is why banks and financial institutions offer unsecured business loans that fit your diverse business requirements
Just lost the job that you really loved? You must be in denial and feeling stressed, but you need to tackle them in order to make a good move.
You may have heard that it is not easy to get approval for a car loan if you have poor credit. This comes as a shock to those who are wishing to purchase the car of their dreams but have a credit history which does not allow them to do so. To all those people who have their hopes hanging by a thread, here is how you can get approved even with bad credit history.
Finding the perfect car is a dream come true for many. However, having poor credit can sometimes burst that bubble making it almost impossible to obtain your next dream car. Nonetheless, every problem has a solution and to achieve your goal of buying your dream car without a credit history, search for auto financing solutions online.
Going to be financing a car this year? Looking for the best of the best auto loans in 2019? Here is the ultimate guide.
Do you feel like there is no hope because your lender said you did not qualify? If you are ready to give up when declined for a personal loan, don't. It may seem like all is lost, but the fact is that getting approved for a loan needs a lot of persistence.