Restore Mac to Factory Settings to Clean Install OS X Yosemite
Mac OS Yosemite, the latest OS X version from Apple, bundles a heap of new and interesting features that make it one of the best Mac operating systems so far. Certainly, the majority of Apple users are willing to use the new features of this operating system. Thus, they will prefer upgrading to Yosemite from their existing Mac OS X version.
You can get Yosemite on your Mac either by performing a simple OS upgrade or through a clean install. A clean install is more suitable option as compared to simple OS upgrade as it gives you a chance to start from the scratch. You get a fresh copy of the OS X and an empty hard drive. Even the old apps and software get deleted, and the configuration modifications get restored to the default settings. Thus, you can freshly install your data, apps, and software. Here, you can get selective, and install what you need. Also, you can avoid installing the unused and unnecessary data/apps.
Before you decide to factory restore your Mac, the only thing you need to keep in mind is that you should always create the data backup of your old data. Creating the backup is important as the entire system’s data gets erased, once you restore Mac to factory settings to perform an OS X clean install.
Step 1: Create a Bootable Drive with OS X Yosemite on It
To install a fresh copy of OS X Yosemite, you require creating a bootable installation drive. For that, you can use an external hard drive, DVD or USB flash drive. To create the bootable drive with Yosemite installed on it, perform the following steps:
• Plug in an external drive to your computer.
• Open ‘Disk Utility.’
• From the sidebar, select the external hard drive.
• Next, click the ‘Erase’ tab.
• Now, inside the format box, select ‘Mac OS Extended (Journaled).’
• Name it as ‘Untitled.’
• Next, click ‘Erase.’ That will format the drive.
• Now, wait till the formatting gets over.
• Now, close ‘Disk Utility.’
• Then, open ‘Terminal.’
• Type in the following command:
• Wait for a few minutes, till you get the message ‘Copy complete. Done.’
With these steps, now you have a bootable installation drive with Mac OS X Yosemite installed on it. If you wish, then instead of creating the bootable drive, you can install the latest copy of Yosemite directly from the Apple App Store.
Step 2: Factory Reset Mac and Install OS X Yosemite
The next step involves the formatting of the hard drive through a factory reset, so that all the old apps, files, data and settings get deleted. And then the fresh copy of OS X gets installed. The newly installed operating system will bring along the default settings and default software/apps into your system. For restoring Mac to factory settings and installing Yosemite, perform the followings steps:
• Keep the external hard drive connected to your Mac.
• Reboot your computer.
• While it reboots, press ‘Option/Alt’ key.
• That will bring up a menu, as shown below:
• Here, select the drive you just created (Install OS X Yosemite) by clicking on the arrow pointing upwards.
• That will open the ‘OS X Utilities’ screen.
• Go up to the menu bar.
• Click on 'Utilities' > 'Disk Utility.'
• In the left-hand sidebar, click on your main hard drive.
• Next, click on the 'Erase' tab.
• In the Format field, select 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled).'
• Give the hard drive a name, the default name is Macintosh HD.
• Now, click the 'Erase' button in the lower-right corner.
• That will format the hard drive and restore the system to factory settings.
• Now, close the 'Disk Utility' window.
• That will bring you back to 'Install OS X' screen.
• Click 'Continue' to initiate the installation of the fresh copy of 'OS X Yosemite.'
• Then, just follow the installer to get the OS X Yosemite installed.
Thus, if you are planning to install Yosemite, one of the best Mac operating systems, then it is better to go for a clean install, rather than performing a simple OS X upgrade. Before you clean install the Yosemite, restore Mac to factory settings. That will wipe out the hard drive, software/apps and restore the configuration to default settings. Thus, restoring Mac to factory settings provides you an opportunity to transform your old Mac into a new-like Mac.
If you love computers, mobiles, smart watches, various gadgets and above all, the internet, let me inform you that they all run on programming languages. A programming language is nothing but the vocabulary and a set of grammatical rules created to instruct a device or computer to perform a specific task.
We all know that there's a growing need for professional software testers. Having an increasing focus on applications designed for iOS apparatus, Android and Windows Mobile devices, app testing experts come in good demand.
Software selection: In general, it is better to have more than less choice. This applies particularly to the business world in the context of a call for tenders or a pre-purchase comparison. Enterprise software is a costly purchase over several years and having the right solution for your business needs is crucial.
CyberSecurity protects programmers and prevents them from re-hacking data in the future. With these cybersecurity services, you do not have to worry about the data and there is no compelling reason to maintain the reinforcement after the standard time interval.
Technical support also called IT support is the service that some companies provide for their clients in order to resolve the technical issues and thus ensure their satisfaction. Even though some companies have a separate wing for providing such services within the company, there are companies who outsource their technical support to some outsourcing companies.
Hewlett Packard multifunction printers are one of the most used devices in the offices and at home for numerous reasons such as printing, scanning, and copy the documents, assignments, images, and every genre of content. As your printer handles a plethora of work so it is necessary that the information or data you are sharing with your printing device must be encrypted so that it does not get breached or corrupt.