Quick Tip for SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure SQL Server
“I am using SQL Server 2012 for managing, storing and retrieving data. Recently, I got a project having hundreds of tables, stored procedures, functions, etc. It is really a complex task for me to migrate them manually to Azure. Does any know the simple solution for the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure? Please suggest If any!”
SQL database is one of the most common database servers. But, the Azure SQL database is a fully managed SQL database. It is based on the latest stable Enterprise edition of SQL Server. Basically, it is a relational database as a service hosted in the Azure cloud. However, there are many reasons due to which people start to migrate SQL server 2012 to Azure. These are advanced level security, low maintenance cost, and high scalability. Now, for the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure, we come up with the two best solutions. Both of them are clearly described in this write-up. Therefore, continue reading the blog and get your query resolved.
Solution to Migrate SQL Server 2012 Database to Azure
SysTools SQL Server to Migrator Tool is the most proficient solution to transfer SQL Server Database to Azure. With this software migrate SQL MDF & NDF files to Azure SQL Server. With this migration software transfer all or selected database objects to Azure. Export SQL Server functions, tables, sequence, rules, stored procedures, primary key, unique key, views to Azure. For doing the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure, the software is smart enough to auto-detect the 2012 version of SQL Server database files. Along with this, the tool also gives an option to check the appropriate SQL Server version manually.
Advantageous Features of the Software
1) After entering the credentials of the SQL database the user can directly migrate SQL server 2012 to Azure
2) The tool supports to export of all the database objects like Views, Sequence, Indexes, Rules, Functions, Tables and Stored Procedures
3) The software auto-detects the SQL server 2012 version and do the migration process according to the version
4) It’s possible some of your database objects got accidentally deleted and you want to migrate those deleted objects too. Then use this tool for better results
5) The software provides a preview option after completing the scanning of the SQL database, so the user can view the whole data which is going to migrate
6) The tool is capable to migrate SQL server 2012 database to Azure even if the database is in the corrupted format. Firstly, it will scan the corrupted DB and them migrate it in healthy database
6) After SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure, the user can download the whole export details in CSV file format. The report stores the database objects
7) The software provides a feature to migrate only a selected portion of database which the user requires
8) Allows to migrate MDF and NDF files, the software enables the user to browse any of these files for the migration purpose
9) After completion of the scanning process, the user can save the scanned file in the .str file format at any location
10) Permits the user to perform the migration with two options, either as ‘With schema’ or ‘With Schema & Data’
Steps for SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure
To migrate SQL server 2012 database to Azure database follow the simple steps given below
1) Download & Run SQL to Azure Migration Tool
2) Click the Open button and choose MDF file
3) Preview SQL Server database objects i.e. Table, Views, etc.
4) Click Migrate to begin SQL server database 2012 migration to Azure
5) Enter Server Name, Login credentials & click “Connect”
6) Now, select the destination database
7) Choose either migrate ‘With Only Schema’ or ‘With Schema & Data’
8) Lastly, click the Migrate button to move SQL to Azure
We have discussed how to perform SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure, and come to a conclusion that SysTools SQL to Azure Migrator is the best software. Hence, users can take reference from the above article, to know the various features and working of this software.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I migrate SQL server 2016 to Azure with this tool?
Yes, SQL Server version 2016 and other versions like 2017, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 & 2000 are also supported by the tool.
2) Is it possible to perform selective migration of database objects?
Yes, of course, this software allows users to export selective objects from SQL Server database to Azure. Users can choose desired tables, views, stored procedures for the migration purpose.
3) Does the tool take a large amount of time to migrate SQL server 2012 to Azure?
No, the software performs the migration process very fastly, large databases can be migrated quickly.
4) Can tool auto-detect the SQL Server files of 2012 version?
Yes, the software is smart enough to auto-detect the version of SQL Server files.
Metadata, in simple terms, is data about data – it tells the user where and how data is stored within an organisation. As such, it makes complete sense that data management professionals are eager about metadata management these days
The road to meeting the revenue or profit goals is not easy for any business. The journey is full of obstacles, but in order to gain success, a business has to smartly overcome or dodge the hurdles. At the same time, it is also very important to make sure that the journey is planned
After reviewing some of the visitor management systems (VMS) in the market, we have curated a list of the best software systems currently available. In this blog, we will cover their specific benefits, suitability, USPs, and all other essential aspects that must be kept in mind while investing in an efficient computerized visitor check-in system.
Data lineage describes the life-cycle of data, from its origins to how it is manipulated over time until it reaches its present form. The lineage explains the various processes involved in the data flow of an organization and the factors that influence each process. In other words, data lineage provides data about your data.
Can I backup or transfer email folders from Microsoft Outlook to my Gmail account? Becomes a quite often query asked by many people. Fortunately! You can export Outlook emails easily in Google Mail account without taking any pain. All you need to do is to read this article carefully. So, let’s begin!!
The transition to the digital environment has become imperative for every industry owing to the changing consumer demands and technology advancements. Transforming digitally doesn’t happen easily and is not just about adding digital systems and capabilities to your organization.
The PST (Personal Storage Table) file is a local storage file used by Microsoft Outlook email application. As an exclusive Outlook file, the .pst store all data you’d expect: Mails, Attachments, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, etc. Besides, the importable feature of PST file makes it more flexible.
Irrespective of whether you are a startup or an enterprise, everything your business do should be aimed to create a world-class brand experience, right from customer service to your social media presence
Visitor management software assists enterprises to efficiently manage and track guests, permits considered access to rooms and facilities and improves the visitor experience overall. After arrival, guests can register themselves at a kiosk that hosts the visitor management application, which checks their identification against a watch list to assure security.