Quick Tip for SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure SQL Server
“I am using SQL Server 2012 for managing, storing and retrieving data. Recently, I got a project having hundreds of tables, stored procedures, functions, etc. It is really a complex task for me to migrate them manually to Azure. Does any know the simple solution for the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure? Please suggest If any!”
SQL database is one of the most common database servers. But, the Azure SQL database is a fully managed SQL database. It is based on the latest stable Enterprise edition of SQL Server. Basically, it is a relational database as a service hosted in the Azure cloud. However, there are many reasons due to which people start to migrate SQL server 2012 to Azure. These are advanced level security, low maintenance cost, and high scalability. Now, for the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure, we come up with the two best solutions. Both of them are clearly described in this write-up. Therefore, continue reading the blog and get your query resolved.
Solution to Migrate SQL Server 2012 Database to Azure
SysTools SQL Server to Migrator Tool is the most proficient solution to transfer SQL Server Database to Azure. With this software migrate SQL MDF & NDF files to Azure SQL Server. With this migration software transfer all or selected database objects to Azure. Export SQL Server functions, tables, sequence, rules, stored procedures, primary key, unique key, views to Azure. For doing the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure, the software is smart enough to auto-detect the 2012 version of SQL Server database files. Along with this, the tool also gives an option to check the appropriate SQL Server version manually.
Advantageous Features of the Software
1) After entering the credentials of the SQL database the user can directly migrate SQL server 2012 to Azure
2) The tool supports to export of all the database objects like Views, Sequence, Indexes, Rules, Functions, Tables and Stored Procedures
3) The software auto-detects the SQL server 2012 version and do the migration process according to the version
4) It’s possible some of your database objects got accidentally deleted and you want to migrate those deleted objects too. Then use this tool for better results
5) The software provides a preview option after completing the scanning of the SQL database, so the user can view the whole data which is going to migrate
6) The tool is capable to migrate SQL server 2012 database to Azure even if the database is in the corrupted format. Firstly, it will scan the corrupted DB and them migrate it in healthy database
6) After SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure, the user can download the whole export details in CSV file format. The report stores the database objects
7) The software provides a feature to migrate only a selected portion of database which the user requires
8) Allows to migrate MDF and NDF files, the software enables the user to browse any of these files for the migration purpose
9) After completion of the scanning process, the user can save the scanned file in the .str file format at any location
10) Permits the user to perform the migration with two options, either as ‘With schema’ or ‘With Schema & Data’
Steps for SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure
To migrate SQL server 2012 database to Azure database follow the simple steps given below
1) Download & Run SQL to Azure Migration Tool
2) Click the Open button and choose MDF file
3) Preview SQL Server database objects i.e. Table, Views, etc.
4) Click Migrate to begin SQL server database 2012 migration to Azure
5) Enter Server Name, Login credentials & click “Connect”
6) Now, select the destination database
7) Choose either migrate ‘With Only Schema’ or ‘With Schema & Data’
8) Lastly, click the Migrate button to move SQL to Azure
We have discussed how to perform SQL Server 2012 Migration to Azure, and come to a conclusion that SysTools SQL to Azure Migrator is the best software. Hence, users can take reference from the above article, to know the various features and working of this software.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I migrate SQL server 2016 to Azure with this tool?
Yes, SQL Server version 2016 and other versions like 2017, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 & 2000 are also supported by the tool.
2) Is it possible to perform selective migration of database objects?
Yes, of course, this software allows users to export selective objects from SQL Server database to Azure. Users can choose desired tables, views, stored procedures for the migration purpose.
3) Does the tool take a large amount of time to migrate SQL server 2012 to Azure?
No, the software performs the migration process very fastly, large databases can be migrated quickly.
4) Can tool auto-detect the SQL Server files of 2012 version?
Yes, the software is smart enough to auto-detect the version of SQL Server files.
Blockchain: A ledger or a record that keeps track of any kind of data transaction on a network”. In layman terms, blockchain is just a chain of blocks, yet not in the exact sense of those words. Blocks store digital pieces of information and all of them are linked through codes to create a chain. This information could be monetary transactions, files, contacts–in short anything that a user wants to share.
In this recent era of dramatic changes, creating a strategic focus for your business is more important than ever before. This is because an unfaltering focus on CLV (Customer Lifetime Value) provides the right foundation that companies need to enjoy everlasting success and business growth.
A DBA is the most important person in any organization these days. Why I said these days, its because the role of data has grown in prominence, now, think when you want to be a DBA or a Database Administrator for an organization, aka the most critical role as you will be handling the entire data for that concern, do you think you will be hired as a fresher?
One of the most highlighted and well-known Java enhancement proposals in recent history has been the JEP 359 that has finally upgraded from the stage of a simple draft. The improvement, as a result, would be the inclusion of a completely new type of declaration called records. Records are designed to work in unison with another enhancement proposal and its younger sibling in order, ‘sealed types’ that correspond to JEP 360.
Ecommerce businesses can provide excellent customer experience and boost revenue through secure and appealing websites & applications. Whether you wish to launch a new eCommerce platform or update the existing online store, you should think of all the possibilities to make it useful and efficient.
Business firms across the world try to beat competition by enhancing customer support. Integrating a feature-packed call center software serves as an effective measure. With media platforms like email, chat, phone calls and text being conglomerated in the digitized environment, it is important to have an efficient contact center software.
Read the article and know how to recover deleted files from hard drive. The manual free solution and expert suggested software to perform deleted data recovery from hard drive on Windows 10, 8, 7 and below version OS.
The evolution of in-store retail helped to cater to the needs of fast-paced shoppers who wish to conduct their purchases as quickly as possible. As part of this, retail businesses are adopting Omnichannel pipeline to provide a seamless shopping experience.
Anyone who has served customers acknowledges that the customer experience that you offer to them is the ultimate key for getting closer to your customers.