A Quick Guide to HIV Self-testing Kits
Today, people with AIDs can live as long as people without the disease. That’s how the medical universe has undergone a sea change. But, in today’s advancing medical universe, dying of ignorance is more evident than dying of AIDs.
Given that tests and treatments are integrals, people ranging from 13 to 64 years of age should consider it. HIV tests are now real and practical in routine healthcare. Thanks to the HIV test kit makers who have made it possible for people to go for self-testing.
How is HIV Self-Testing Kits Effective?
The home testing kits for HIV are effective to use. The accuracy rate of the testing kits is also high. The advantages of using the kits are the following:
- It is immensely convenient to use
- It has the potential for increased access to the HIV testing
- It has anonymity
- It maintains privacy
- Lastly, it is completely easy to use
When Should You Use an HIV Testing Kit?
The right time to purchase an HIV testing kit is when you suffer from the early-stage symptoms, including:
- You have swollen glands
- Suffering from night sweats
- Having mouth sores
- Getting rashes
- Having muscle aches
- High temperature
- Sore throat
- Chills, and more
HIV symptoms are never similar, and they vary from person to person. Nonetheless, the above ones are the possible symptoms that one may experience after getting infected with the virus. While some can get symptoms within a couple of weeks, others might get sick after months. These are behaviours that might increase the risk of HIV exposure:
- The use of IV drugs
- Sharing needles
- Sharing IV drug paraphernalia
- Having unprotected sex without being familiar with the HIV status of the partner
- Having sex (unprotected) with someone having HIV
- Trading sex for drugs and money
Who Should Opt for an HIV Testing Kit?
The world is entirely interdependent, which implies that no one can really escape each other. The door to escape is not even a real thing in this world. So, for individuals who are infected with HIV, they can opt for the HIV testing kit. Nonetheless, it is never someone else’s problem but everyone’s, because interdependency is what makes people interconnected to each and all. Let’s now dig deep into the details:
- Individuals having a strong demand for keeping the medical conditions personal and private
- Individuals who live in the remote zones of the world
- Individuals whose identity cannot be anonymous and they think people will judge them in the small town or hamlet
- People who cannot maintain scheduled flexibility
- People engaged in the high-risk behaviours, and they haven’t got tested for the disease
When Would Self-Test not be Accurate?
Performance of the HIV self-test might not give accurate results in conditions like:
- In cases when individuals have got infected recently, i.e., during the window period
- The self-testing tools do not serve accuracy for people with diagnosed HIV who have been taking medications
- People taking post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP); or pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) might have delayed antibody response that extends the window period
- When people do not follow the correct information in accordance with the test requirements; for example, not much blood gets collected
What do Test Results mean?
The right treatment, at the right time, can prevent any fatal conclusions. If the test result is reactive, there are additional tests coming your way. It does not necessarily mean that it is positive. If it’s invalid, indeterminate, or equivocal, the test is not clear. When it is negative, the good news is that the test was unable to find HIV infection and possible evidence. This means that you don’t have the virus, so congratulations!
In this pandemic, a sneeze guard can play a vital role as a safeguard at the workplace to protect us from infection by Coronavirus.
The liver is one of the largest organs present in the body which performs various functions of the body. In adults, the normal weight for lier is around 1400 to 1600 gm but can also vary in every individual. It is surrounded by fibrous connective tissue and is found on the right side of the upper quadrant of the abdomen.
Buckwheat pillows originated in Japan, where they are known as sobakawa, but they are now used by people all around the world.
The Internet of Things, among the most sought after technologies in the world at the moment, has made its way into a variety of industries across the globe. This includes the pharmaceutical sector as well, where it has proven to be especially beneficial.
In life, the most important thing you can have is your health. The best thing you can do for yourself is to ensure that you have good cardiovascular health. Essentially, you need to have a healthy heart. After all, your heart is what’s keeping you alive, so don’t you want to make sure it’s taken care of?
As you grow older your health becomes more fragile and it becomes more important that you take care of your health. There are numerous ways that you can care for both your physical and mental health in later life, and in this article, we are going to share some of them with you.
Your doctor will ask you to undergo extracorporeal shock wave (ESW) lithotripsy if you have stones in your ureter and/or kidneys. This procedure is used on patients whose stone can be removed without surgery. The procedure is carried out using a machine called the lithotripter machine