Park Guell Tourist Guide
Located on Carmel Hill in Barcelona, Park Guell was built between 1900 and 1914 by great Spanish architecture Antoni Gaudi. Park was officially opened in 1926 and today it is a part of UNESCO World Heritage. Composed with beautiful gardens and architectonic elements, Park Guell is one of the best public parks in the world.
Eusebi Guell a man behind this park asked Antoni Gaudi to design and built a private residential project for luxury homes. Gaudi starts working on this project from 1900 and after some luxury houses were built, it was determined by Mr. Guell that this project is not going to be successful and he stopped building more. One of the built houses was purchased by Antoni Gaudi and he lives there from 1906 to 1925.
How to get there?
Address: Carrer Olot, 5, 08024 Barcelona
You can reach Park Guell via Metro route, Bus, Taxi and Bus Turistic.
20-minute walk from the Lesseps stop and Vallcarca stop on line 3.
Itinerary from lines H6 and D40:
It just takes 10 minutes walking distance from bus stop at Travessera de Dalt (H6 and D40).
When to go?
During Season time Park opens at 8 AM and in low season it opens at 8:30 AM. Best time to go Park Guell is 9 in the morning and for this you have to book your ticket in advance so that you can reach there at 8:30 AM and avoid crowd. It is also the best time for photography session as less number of people will be in your photo frame. However it is not the best time for panoramic shots and for this we suggest you to go Park Guell at late evening.
Entry in Park Guell
It has 3 entrances and the one you get in decides the route you take inside the park.
Reaching in time without advance booking of tickets may results into long standing queues and best time to visit may pass, so we advise you to book your tickets in advance to access monumental area. Tickets for Park Guell can be booked online and you can save your time and money.
To get detailed information about Park Guell, you have to book a Guided tour which includes ticket. Booking Guided tour online will save your time and money.
Benefits of Booking Guided Tour:
- A human guide can help you to explore rich symbolism of Catalan Modernisme.
- To make park more interesting guide will share the stories about Antoni Gaudi.
- Guide will tell you about Gaudi love for nature and how this nature work has been done in Park Guell.
- Guide will also help you to take best routes and photography stops or points.
- You can book private guided tour if you don’t want to be a part of large group.
How long Park Guell tour can take?
- If you have booked Guided Tour then it will last around 60 minutes.
- If you are travelling alone and do not want to go deep into details of Park then it will take around 60 minutes to cover.
- If you are travelling alone and want to explore Gaudi creation then it will take 90 to 120 minutes.
- No Hurry tour of Park Guell can last up to whole day as there is so much to stay and take photographs. Later on in the evening you can see beautiful panoramic view of Barcelona.
Park Guell Amazing Facts:
- Eusebi Guell was the man to whom this park was named and it is inspired by the concept of the ‘Garden cities’ in the UK.
- It was a failed project which was intended to build a residential project for 60 luxury homes.
- Eusebi Guell died in 1914 and the project was abandoned.
- One of the houses in Park Guell was purchased by Antoni Gaudi.
- Gaudi House was not built by Gaudi. It was built by Gaudi assistant and friend named Francesc Berenguer i Mestres.
- Gaudi love for nature has also been seen in Park Guell as a result this masterpiece has lots of animal to display like lion, snake, salamander and octopus.
- Park Guell was Gaudi’s second park. First Park was the “Parc de la Ciutadella” in Barcelona.
- Park Guell best attraction is its terrace from where you can see best view Barcelona.
Easily one of the most famous destinations on the planet, New York remains a wondrous delight to visitors, tourists and even locals alike. There are several reasons why New York stands out. From the hospitable people to the mouthwatering dishes to the gorgeous entertainment venues to the outstanding architectural monuments, this is surely the place to be
Travelers If you consider yourself an eco-conscious person, you are probably aware that recycling every now and then isn’t everything you can do for Mother Nature. In fact, there is something you can do every day to make this world a better place, and greening your travel practices is definitely one of them.
The UK is a beautiful country to travel in with an abundance of historical sites, modern buildings, exciting events and beaches to boast. While many that it can cost a lost to travel through the UK in the holiday season, it isn’t always so.
There is a lot to consider when making plans to travel outside Canada. You may have to book a flight or rental car, make a hotel reservation, get a new passport, or purchase tickets to attractions. If you are traveling while injured, you may encounter some challenges, but an injury does not have to ruin your travel plans.
Learn what you need to make your next tour abroad great. From language translation to itinerary planning, explore apps you need when traveling abroad.
Possibly more than many other cities in the world, Rome is a mix of old and new, it is a city that flaunts its history. It is one of the living and breathing city, ie it’s always crowded, dirty, noisy, and is a little rough around the edges. It’s also beautiful and its narrow side streets are very romantic and magical, so despite its shortfalls.