Natural Remedies That Prevent Ulcerative Colitis
What is ulcerative colitis? Have you ever seen anyone diagnosed with ulcerative colitis? There are lots of questions that come into mind when we hear this word. It is an autoimmune disorder and main symptoms are abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloody stools and rectal bleeding.
Natural remedies can be an effective way for the treatment of ulcerative colitis in a safe manner without any side effects. There are various herbs inAyurveda like Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Kutaj (Holarrhena antidyssentrica), Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare), Dhania (Coriander sativum), Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), Anar (Punica granatum), Choti elaichi (Eletteria cardomum) and Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) which are quite beneficial in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
Ulcerative colitis is defined as an inflammatory bowel disease which results in the ulcers and long lasting inflammation of digestive tract. It mainly affects the innermost lining of colon and rectum.
Symptoms of ulcerative colitis:
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Bloody stools
- Diarrhea with pus or blood
- Weight loss
- Rectal bleeding
Don’t take this disease lightly, in some cases it may result in life threatening complications.
What can be the causes of ulcerative colitis?
- Exact cause of ulcerative colitis is not known, though it is associated with problems in immune system. In case of ulcerative colitis, immune system attacks the healthy cells by mistake.
- Genetic factors – Sometimes the genetic factors are also responsible for ulcerative colitis.
- Other factors – Certain medications, improper eating habits and pollution may be the cause of ulcerative colitis.
Cause of ulcerative colitis in ayurveda
Ulcerative colitis known as pittaj grahani in Ayurveda. There are three energies - vata, pitta and kapha in Ayurveda which represent a healthy body. Imbalance of any of three energies may result in the various health complications. Ulcerative colitis is due to the imbalance of pitta dosha with involvement of imbalanced vata dosha in some cases.
Aggravation of pitta is due to consumption of pitta aggravating foods which causes the damage to rakta dhatu (blood tissues) and mamsa dhatu (muscle tissues) results in the formation of ama (toxins) in the intestine. Aggravation of vata dosha is also occurring in the lower colon region which results in the mucous accumulation and inflammation.
PlanetAyurveda is an herbal manufacturing company which is offering their services for mankind from more than 15 years. Numerous patients are benefited with the herbal products of this company.
PlanetAyurveda offers the ulcerative colitis care pack which is prepared by the combination of various herbs which are quite effective for the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
1. Arjuna capsules – PlanetAyurveda offers the Arjuna capsules for ulcerative colitis. These capsules are prepared from the pure extracts of Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna).
Benefits- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) It is a famous herb for its healing properties. It helps to provide the relief in symptoms associated with ulcerative colitis like ulcers, rectal bleeding, bloody stools, abdominal cramps and weight loss.
Dosage – 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
2. Vatsakadi churna – Herbal treatment for ulcerative colitis by PlanetAyurveda offers the vatsakadi churna. This herbal product is an amazing blend of various herbs which are given below -
- Kutaj (Holarrhena antidyssentrica)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare)
- Dhania (Coriander sativum)
- Nagarmotha (Cyprus rotundus)
- Anar (Punica granatum)
- Choti elaichi (Eletteria cardomum)
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans)
Above mentioned herbs are quite beneficial for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. These help to maintain the overall functioning of digestive system. These herbs are also good to resolve the symptoms like ulceration, inflammation in the lining of colon, rectal bleeding and abdominal cramps which are associated with ulcerative colitis.
Dosage – One teaspoonful, twice in a day with plain water.
3. Pitta balance – Pitta balance is an effective herbal treatment for ulcerative colitis by Planet Ayurveda. This herbal product is 100% pure without any side effects. Pitta balance is prepared by the combination of various natural ingredients which is given below -
- Praval pishti (Coral calcium)
- Akik pishti (Agate calcium)
- Jahar mohra pishti (An ayurvedic calcium compound)
- Kamdudha ras (An ayurvedic calcium compound)
- Mukta pishti (Pearl calcium)
- Giloy satva (Tinopsora corifolia)
Benefits – Pitta balance is an effective treatment for the ulcerative colitis. Calcium compounds used in the formulation of pitta balance help to control the bleeding and provide a cooling effect on body. It helps to pacify the pitta dosha which is cause of ulcerative colitis. It also provides the relief in the symptoms like ulceration, inflammation in the lining of colon, rectal bleeding and abdominal cramps which are associated with ulcerative colitis.
Dosage – One capsule, two times in a day after meals with plain water.
4. Kutajghan vati – Herbal treatment for ulcerative colitis by PlanetAyurveda offers the kutajghan vati. It is available in the form of tablets. This herbal product is 100% pure and prepared from the pure extracts of herb, Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica).
Benefits – Kutaja is Sanskrit name of herb (Holarrhena antidysenterica) which is used to treat chronic diarrhea. Diarrhea may be due to ulcerative colitis or inflammatory bowel diseases. It is helpful to digest the ama (toxins) and provide the relief in the inflammation of colon, rectal bleeding and abdominal cramps.
Dosage – 2 tablets, two times in a day after meals with plain water.
Above explained four herbal remedies are available in the house of Planet Ayurveda. These herbal products are manufactured under the guidance of MD Ayurveda doctors. All the products are free from side effects and patients have been benefitted with these products.
Normally, uric acid dissolves in our blood and passes through our kidneys but sometimes, when too much of uric acid production occurs in our body and kidneys become unable to excrete the uric acid properly, then the level of the uric acid increases in the blood, needle-like urate crystals are formed in the joint which results in inflammation, swelling and pain, this condition is known as Gout.
If you want to reduce your symptoms from allergies caused by dry air or suffering from scratchy throats or clogged nasal passages and even eczema, you need to stay away from all the common mistakes involving your humidifier. Always follow the instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer for maintaining and using your unit.
Basically, these are swollen veins in your lower rectum and anus similar to varicose veins. Hemorrhoids have a number of etiological factors but the exact cause is unknown. They may result from the increased pressure on these veins during pregnancy or from straining during bowel movements
Herbal health care products have become extremely important in this day and age considering how most of us, with the obvious exception of sportspersons, are leading sedentary lives where we are causing all types of harm to our body with our diet, lack of exercise to name a few.
Many of you may have heard of home natural remedy for healing and health. But most people are not using home natural healing or health remedy. When they are sick, they will still look for a doctor.
An allergy is a hypersensitive reaction of the body when it comes into contact with a foreign substance. The hypersensitive response comes from the natural immune system and ranges from a slightly uncomfortable feeling to a fatal anaphylaxis. Seasonal allergies are quite common.
Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease, in which inner lining of the colon (the large intestine) and rectum get inflamed, and lead to ulceration in the digestive tract. The inflammation generally starts in the rectum and extends upward to the entire colon.