My Take on Laravel v/s NodeJS
Presently there are a plethora of frameworks available to choose from in the market and the number of options increases once you combine them. In the following post, I would like to offer my take by comparing two most popular frameworks, i.e. Laravel and NodeJS. Both the frameworks, in my opinion, are one of the most advanced web frameworks available across the globe. And that’s why I prefer not to compare the two as though one is better than other, rather compare them against which is the best tool set for the job or problem you are trying to solve.
Now before we jump on the differences, let’s take a look at certain similarities between the two frameworks, i.e.
Node.JS and Laravel
- NPM for Node.JS
- Composer for Laravel
- Express.js for Node.js (or others)
- Laravel has its own routing
- Sails.js for Node.js (or many others)
- Built-in to Laravel
- You can choose from a large number of templating engines for Node.js, many of which have client-side implementations as well
- Laravel uses Blade templates, but there is also support for Twig
Non-blocking / event based
- This is inherent in Node.js
- Reactphp for Laravel
- Socket.io for Node.js
- Ratchet for Laravel
- Waterline, Node ORM2, and Sequelize
- Eloquent for Laravel (or Doctrine or others)
Database drivers: MongoDB, MySQL, etc
They are both very comparable; just search for a driver for the database of your choice
- Inherent follows PSR-0 (PHP support since PHP 5.3)
- Inherent in Node.js by using "module"
- Inherent in Laravel by using the IoC container
They both use dynamic weak-typed languages (some disagree), meaning variables can change type at runtime and the language will infer a variable's type, i.e. adding the string "2" and the integer 2 will result in an integer 4.
- Inherent in PHP and also highly encouraged by the Laravel community
- Basically, anything in npm can be installed as a helper in Node.js (for example, see Underscore.js)
- Basically, anything in composer can be installed as a helper in Laravel. But one needs to see that a number of helpers are already provided
Check out this quick Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis of each framework for better perception.
- Offers vibrant and engaging community
- Changing fast, so you can be influenced
- Modular from its beginning
- Non-blocking/ very fast
- the community tends to be biased in support of non-relational databases such as MongoDB
- Not good with computation heavy apps
- Not as mature as expected in comparison to others
- Event-based programming can sometimes become really difficult to work with: debugging, promises, etc. To do things well, it takes a lot of training/experience
- Maturity: Due to high community involvement, it simply needs time
- Ability to develop comprehensive frameworks: This means you don’t have to build your own framework right from the scratch.
I personally see no threats in NodeJS. Perhaps, it is always advisable to get in touch with a prominent NodeJS development company that offers best possible services especially when it comes to front end development.
- Laravel has CodeIgniter combined, I further wish it had from PHP 5.3 for best software practices.
- With MVC and PSR-0, every line of code has an expected place
- There is a large community available in PHP that advocates unit tests, and PHP supports interfaces; two things that help ensure consistency in your application.
- It provides patterns due to which one can use current best practices in programming: dependency injection, facades, unit tests, interfaces, PSR-0
- PHP has a large and well-established community
- The community turn out to be a bit biased in support of MySQL like relational databases
- Not inherently non-blocking
- PHP has enormous baggage from PHP4 and earlier: just look up anything about "PHP is the worst language ever"
- Unfortunately, there isn't a large community around Laravel. Besides, the community isn't striving hard for support/acceptance
- With a very active community of PHP and PSR-0, it becomes very easy for Laravel to adapt and adopt from the large pool of PHP code, i.e. out-of-box support of nonblocking, multi-threading, etc
- Laravel itself being a beautiful framework makes it easy to push adoption, especially among the CodeIgniter and CakePHP crowds.
When it comes to Laravel, everything turns out to be a threat because it is written in PHP. Well, that doesn’t mean PHP framework is going anywhere anytime soon.
NodeJS and Laravel, both are brilliant frameworks to work with and they both hold enormous promise for the future. But I personally feel that NodeJS is more favorable than any other alternative.
It is an eminent point that all businesses need a good website to be efficacious in this modern era and time. For several, this is quite tough to go through because many people just don’t have the appropriate knowledge to design website.
Java is one of the most popular programming languages. However, slowly, but steadily, it is losing its popularity to a new programming language, Python. Python recently moved Java from first place to the second in the academic language race.
For the starters, what is a website? It is a domain consisting of numerous web pages dedicated to a specified content. I guess everybody knows that, but the thing we don’t know is the role it plays in providing a business the perfect platform to excel. It will be surprising to see a business without any online presence.
This topic covers the popular web application frameworks that are necessary to improve your web presence along with the innovation you are trying to bring with new development standards.
As the mobile app popularity continues to grow, app developers are encouraged to discover new development tools and platforms. Yet there are some challenges that enterprises encounter when developing a mobile application for their business. Here we have outlined some of the app development challenges & their solutions.
WooCommerce takes up the majority of the market share when it comes to WordPress plugins for eCommerce. Data reveals that more than 78 percent of WordPress sites are using WooCommerce for creating their web shops.
Though, the prime technologies and strategic efforts behind an exceptional development are not that much important for the end users but are the foremost aspects from the perspectives of a technical individual.
Readers are leaders, books are surely one of the greatest sources of wisdom and knowledge. However, unfortunately, there are very few people who have it in their custom to read books on a regular basis. A developer reading books is a rather even rarer occurrence
IoT platforms are essential to any IoT solutions and they cannot function properly without one. This is why they are so many IoT platforms as a service available on the market at the moment. Simply put, people need IoT platforms which are reliable and scalable and this is not easy to achieve.