Mobile Apps: How They Help Boost Retailers’ Businesses
The retail business today looks nothing like what it did till even about a decade ago. Thanks to the continued evolution of technology, the retail landscape and the customers it serves have changed considerably. Coming along from the archaic set up, the retail world, at the moment, continues to become increasingly digital. Companies are now turning to technology-driven solutions to keep up with the modern shopper’s demands and expectations. It is undeniable that solutions such as those listed above have played a crucial role in helping the industry adapt and successfully navigate through a decidedly challenging market. However, one tool has consistently ranked among the most potent tools that have come to the aid of retailers: Mobile apps.
This is because of the simple fact that mobile devices are omnipresent. A significant portion of the global population now relies on them for countless daily tasks, if not all of them. So, it is only understandable that they also turn to these handy little devices when it is time to shop, yes? Retail shoppers have come to depend on mobile apps considerably. Here are some stats to show just how much: 76 percent of buyers expect their mobile devices to enable customized shopping experiences. What’s even more interesting is that 77 percent of shoppers also admit that they would engage with a given retailer only if they offered a self-checkout facility. So, mobile apps have had quite the say in the retail experience over the past few years. Now allow us to walk you through some of their benefits to demonstrate precisely what makes mobile apps so popular among retailers and their customers.
- Improved customer experiences: Today’s shoppers want everything done quickly, including finding what they wish to and executing the purchase. Fortified with technologies such as RFD, beacon technology, GPS, etc., mobile apps can be used to quickly guide them to the section and the precise shelf where they will find exactly what they are looking for.
- Real-time inventory tracking: Mobile apps are valuable for retailers and deliver a world of benefits for them. Take inventory tracking, for example; with mobile apps; retail employees can easily keep an eye on the stock in the store and the warehouse, quickly locate it as and when required, and so much more. Such abilities are vital for achieving ace customer experiences in any retail establishment.
- Better engagement: Engagement is not only for websites and blogs; retailers too must ensure high rates of customer engagement to, then, achieve better sales. Mobile apps help in this regard via push notifications, etc. Such solutions allow retail businesses to share relevant content, keep them apprised of new offerings, special offers, and more, thus drive better engagement with your establishment.
- Foster customer loyalty: Another critical goal for any retailer is to foster loyalty among customers for their establishment. Mobile apps can help do that via a variety of means to offer special deals, discounts, benefits, etc. The efficacy of such endeavors can be further improved when combined with location technology by ensuring that such information is delivered to customers at opportune moments, such as when they are in the store's vicinity.
- Boost employee productivity: There are plenty of ways mobile apps prove to be mighty valuable for retail business owners. One of these ways is by enhancing employee productivity, which is achieved by ensuring processes across the chain are streamlined, enabling seamless communications amongst them, and so much more.
Because of the benefits mentioned above, it is easy to see why and how any business in the industry would do well to undertake retail app development at the earliest. But before you do, make sure that you carefully consider the decision, select the right tools for it, etc.
Despite the prevalence of mobile apps, users continue to report frustration with sub-standard app performance. That is rather unfortunate, especially considering the strategic advantage they lend to businesses across all industries. Well, thankfully this can be effectively addressed via mobile app testing.
The growing competition in eCommerce surges the requirement for complemented services. Courier services and logistic delivery services are prominently supporting services of eCommerce. For transporting the inventory from one place to another, logistic services are used.
Flutter today is becoming popular with numerous companies eager to adopt this technology. The Flutter apps are observing monumental growth ever since it first arrived on the scene.
Porting iOS apps to Android or vice versa might seem less complex for a layman, but the actual process is quite different across porting platforms. If you run a business, you would agree that launching applications on either of the platforms simultaneously might not be a financially and strategically viable option for both enterprises and individuals.
Data dispensation and storing activities are moved to a privately or publicly cloud system when making use of the AWS Cloud analytical, which is the kind of analysis methodology.
Mobile technology has rapidly changed over the last decade. We’ve seen it disrupt a lot of industries & promote growth for businesses. Even the insurance industry is catching up quickly on the trend. Insurance companies understand the impact it can create for their business & the opportunity for seamless customer experiences.
Are you looking to launch your mobile app in 2021 but confused about which cross-platform to leverage? You can choose Flutter without a second thought. It helps you roll out feature-rich applications without burning a hole in your pocket.
When we talk about mobile payments, there is no denying that it has revolutionized the way we facilitate transactions today. Businesses, banks & financial institutions have leapfrogged into a new future with these technologies. NFC payments are one such example of new-age payments.
On the surface, any app might look like an extension of your restaurant menu. But that is not the case. There are way more elements that play a role in bringing your food app to life. With users interacting with apps even more frequently today, adopting the digital route for your business is key