Mobile Apps: How They Help Boost Retailers’ Businesses
The retail business today looks nothing like what it did till even about a decade ago. Thanks to the continued evolution of technology, the retail landscape and the customers it serves have changed considerably. Coming along from the archaic set up, the retail world, at the moment, continues to become increasingly digital. Companies are now turning to technology-driven solutions to keep up with the modern shopper’s demands and expectations. It is undeniable that solutions such as those listed above have played a crucial role in helping the industry adapt and successfully navigate through a decidedly challenging market. However, one tool has consistently ranked among the most potent tools that have come to the aid of retailers: Mobile apps.
This is because of the simple fact that mobile devices are omnipresent. A significant portion of the global population now relies on them for countless daily tasks, if not all of them. So, it is only understandable that they also turn to these handy little devices when it is time to shop, yes? Retail shoppers have come to depend on mobile apps considerably. Here are some stats to show just how much: 76 percent of buyers expect their mobile devices to enable customized shopping experiences. What’s even more interesting is that 77 percent of shoppers also admit that they would engage with a given retailer only if they offered a self-checkout facility. So, mobile apps have had quite the say in the retail experience over the past few years. Now allow us to walk you through some of their benefits to demonstrate precisely what makes mobile apps so popular among retailers and their customers.
- Improved customer experiences: Today’s shoppers want everything done quickly, including finding what they wish to and executing the purchase. Fortified with technologies such as RFD, beacon technology, GPS, etc., mobile apps can be used to quickly guide them to the section and the precise shelf where they will find exactly what they are looking for.
- Real-time inventory tracking: Mobile apps are valuable for retailers and deliver a world of benefits for them. Take inventory tracking, for example; with mobile apps; retail employees can easily keep an eye on the stock in the store and the warehouse, quickly locate it as and when required, and so much more. Such abilities are vital for achieving ace customer experiences in any retail establishment.
- Better engagement: Engagement is not only for websites and blogs; retailers too must ensure high rates of customer engagement to, then, achieve better sales. Mobile apps help in this regard via push notifications, etc. Such solutions allow retail businesses to share relevant content, keep them apprised of new offerings, special offers, and more, thus drive better engagement with your establishment.
- Foster customer loyalty: Another critical goal for any retailer is to foster loyalty among customers for their establishment. Mobile apps can help do that via a variety of means to offer special deals, discounts, benefits, etc. The efficacy of such endeavors can be further improved when combined with location technology by ensuring that such information is delivered to customers at opportune moments, such as when they are in the store's vicinity.
- Boost employee productivity: There are plenty of ways mobile apps prove to be mighty valuable for retail business owners. One of these ways is by enhancing employee productivity, which is achieved by ensuring processes across the chain are streamlined, enabling seamless communications amongst them, and so much more.
Because of the benefits mentioned above, it is easy to see why and how any business in the industry would do well to undertake retail app development at the earliest. But before you do, make sure that you carefully consider the decision, select the right tools for it, etc.
Are you looking to launch your mobile app in 2021 but confused about which cross-platform to leverage? You can choose Flutter without a second thought. It helps you roll out feature-rich applications without burning a hole in your pocket.
When we talk about mobile payments, there is no denying that it has revolutionized the way we facilitate transactions today. Businesses, banks & financial institutions have leapfrogged into a new future with these technologies. NFC payments are one such example of new-age payments.
In the current scenarios, Magento is the quite common eCommerce solution available. Including its unique and subscriber functionality, the Magento extension has helped with usability and full power in supermarket trolley creation.
On the surface, any app might look like an extension of your restaurant menu. But that is not the case. There are way more elements that play a role in bringing your food app to life. With users interacting with apps even more frequently today, adopting the digital route for your business is key
In this blog, we elaborately discuss why it is so important to have your business app and hire a mobile app development company to create it, and more.
Running a restaurant business is a complicated endeavor, no matter from where you look at it. And with the competition rendered even more intense, thanks to the influx of new entities in the industry, restaurants have had much to deal with.
The E-commerce industry is playing a big role in the global market nowadays. It has emerged as an important part of people’s lives. In this digital era, start-ups to large enterprises have to launch their online stores to meet the current market standards.
If you are not selling enough, you are losing on your survival chances. In this blog, we elaborately discuss why it is so important to hire the best mobile app development company.
The popularity of location-based travel apps has surged exponentially over the past few years, thanks to technology's evolution and changing customer needs and expectations.