Media Kits How-to
Direct advertising is a popular and effective method to make a website bring money to its owner. Webmasters and publishers are free to choose from ad networks, native ads, and selling own ad placements.
In this article, we will focus on the last option, which means that a site/blog owner can define where to put ads not to make the website look littered with banners.
Types of Onsite Ads
To begin with basics, IO Technologies team decided to tell what types of onsite ads exist:
- Text ads are the most common ad type on the web. They consist of a headline, the text body itself, and a call-to-action element with a URL. Almost everyone uses such ads.
- Banners are basic as well, however, they attract readers with bright creative pictures with URLs. Practically every digital media resource uses banner ads. As a webmaster, you can decide where to put banners to make them fit the best way.
- Video advertising has become very popular recently. Forbes even wrote that video traffic will reach 80% of overall consumer traffic by 2021. Social media, newspapers, magazines, and blogs add videos to their content strategy, and it works.
- Native ads or sponsored posts are natural, they usually fit the original website content and seem to be part of it. People like reading such posts, as they provide them with fresh and useful information.
You may choose any ad types you want, but finally, you need to have everything in one place to provide potential advertisers with the necessary information. That’s why you need a Media Kit or a special advertising page.
For creating it, you need to know what pricing model will be the main one for you:
- CPA (Cost per action) - you are paid when a user performs an action on advertiser’s resource. This one is commonly used by affiliate marketers.
- CPC (Cost per click) - you are paid a fixed amount of money (usually it is from $0.01 to $10) every time someone clicks an advertiser’s link on your site.
- CPM (Cost per mile or for 1000 impressions) - you are paid every time someone’s banner was showed to one thousand of unique visitors.
- Flat Rate is a fixed price for displaying ads for a certain time period (week, month, quarter, year, etc.).
- Combination of different models. You are free to offer advertisers models like CPC+CPA, CPA+Flat, CPM+Flat, and so on. Bulk orders are usually offered with discounts that attract advertisers.
Media Kit Examples
Now, it’s time to create a media kit for your website. For doing that perfectly, it’s useful to explore well-known successful cases.
This digital media resource starts its media kit with detailed statistics, advertisers can see their chances and benefits. Mashable team also notes that there are custom solutions for clients and they are open to dialogue.
Entrepreneur team describes the audience, statistics, ratings and all possible opportunities for advertising. Their advertising page is also available as a PDF media kit. It is comfortable, as someone can look through it even offline.
The advertising page of Inc.com includes everything an advertiser may want to learn about print and digital opportunities, participation in events, and even custom solutions.
You have to remember that your advertising page or media kit should provide potential advertisers with full information for decision-making. Show them your audience they will be able to target (for example, whether men or women, young or mature people, Europe or the US citizens prefer to read your site, and so on), your statistics per day and per month, detailed pricing and other opportunities they will get from your cooperation.
What all these examples have in common?
- They are simple. A user can easily understand how to navigate these media kits and find what he/she wants.
- Full information. A client has everything to make a decision. If not, there are always sales contacts.
- Variety of different opportunities. Each advertiser will find something suitable for his/her needs.
- Fresh information. All these media kits are dated 2018. Keeping them up-to-date is vital: as no one will order ads from you if he/she sees 2015 date while browsing your media kit in 2018.
From the time of our ancestors, back when even fire was a precious commodity, we have learnt the tricks of trade. We have understood that none of us can be completely self-reliant and so we must give something to get something. In that capacity, we learned to exchange our goods for someone else’s, a system we called barter.
Since the sought after of chat applications are multiplying cuz of its exceptional perks in business and collaboration that changes the mode of conversation to next-level. Messaging platforms have been the greatest mode of communication when it comes to enterprise level cases.
In the digital age, Websites goes about as an essential medium for brand reach. Specifically, websites are one of the key resources of a business. Notwithstanding whether it is a little, medium or expansive business, for a business to thrive website has ended up being the big picture of a business.
With Christmas less than one hundred days away, 2018 is slowly winding to a close. You might find yourself thinking about what you have achieved in the last 12 months, and what your goals might be for the coming year. New Year’s resolutions often come with ambitions to shake up your career or lifestyle
Email Marketing is one of the most successful traditional marketing techniques which are still useful and efficient. The major advantage with it is that it goes well the modern day digital marketing techniques like Content and social media marketing. This would enhance the value and outcome of the marketers’ efforts.
WordPress is the most popular technique of designing and developing a website. WordPress is used in many different ways. If you can follow major tricks of using WordPress, then you may get a good website.
Many people have thought about trying to sell their old stuff online to make money, but few lack the initiative to actually carry through with their plan. This guide will assist you in getting rid of things that you no longer need along with helping you choose the right platform ensuring your efforts are worthwhile.
Successful product launches require a robust marketing strategy. Even after all your due market research and savvy product development, a new launch can fail to take off without an effective promotional plan for the same.